November 21, 2018, 06:25:56 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Huddersfield  (Read 8131 times)

September 02, 2018, 11:39:41 PM
Reply #450

Mouse

Thought we were very poor overall yesterday. We were clearly trying to play a better, more intricate and more attractive style of football but we suffered because we had a dearth of creativity, our passing was as bad as I've seen and we were often very slow to see an opportunity. How many times did we pressure them into mistakes only to almost immediately give the ball away? Holgate kept seeing passes that simply didn't exist and he was far from being the only.

Having said that, I'm still fairly relaxed about it. It's the fourth game of the season. Injury and lack of pre-season fitness has forced changes and prevented us blooding new arrivals. A change of footballing culture and tactics plus the introduction of 5 or 6 new faces will take time and we will have failures and successes (just look at us last season or WHU this season).

I'd like nothing better than instant success but I'm quite happy to sit back and see how we develop when the full squad is available and we have a more settled team.

September 02, 2018, 11:41:28 PM
Reply #451

Lxxx

You opinion my opinion ... simples .I watched us throw away many a game exactly like that yesterday last year .

Damned with faint praise hey.

September 02, 2018, 11:44:08 PM
Reply #452

KoemansNumberTens

You opinion my opinion ... simples .I watched us throw away many a game exactly like that yesterday last year .

The facts of 10 wins from 19 home games don’t really add up to us losing yesterday’s game easily

September 02, 2018, 11:49:55 PM
Reply #453

gizzblue

The facts of 10 wins from 19 home games don’t really add up to us losing yesterday’s game easily

Like I said your opinion. ...
I never mentioned home away or anything else simply capitulating on more than one occasion in a similar scenario .
Born not made a blue .