September 21, 2018, 07:34:37 AM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 3184 times)

September 02, 2018, 07:54:39 PM
Read 3184 times

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Discuss.

I like him and do think heís becoming a bit of a scapegoat at the moment.

Your thoughts?

September 02, 2018, 07:56:59 PM
Reply #1

Macca77

Jury is out isn't it, I like the lad, doesn't get in the team when everyone is fit though

September 02, 2018, 07:57:50 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

Discuss.

I like him and do think heís becoming a bit of a scapegoat at the moment.

Your thoughts?

I like him, he is becoming a bit of a scapegoat, but his performances havenít been great for a while.

I like his energy, and I liked the through-balls he was putting in when Lukaku was in the side, and Iím hoping for a return to that when our frontline is quicker, and making better runs in behind.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2018, 08:07:15 PM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Solid player, nothing special and currently not good enough to be in a team with aspirations of top 6. I think a loan somewhere where he'd get a game every week would do him a world of good.

September 02, 2018, 08:10:01 PM
Reply #4

gizzblue

He's still only a kid in reality with a lot to learn. ...but he's not been his best as yet this season .

Had an ok first half yesterday but was pretty anonymous second half. ..although he wasn't alone .

Will be a good player in time .

September 02, 2018, 08:15:55 PM
Reply #5

BlueForYou

Referencing the 4-0 City game a couple of seasons ago with Davies and Lookman, since -

One has been given plenty of game time, the other hasn't

Not a lot of difference in either player's progression from that game

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 02, 2018, 08:19:16 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

In reality Davies was promoted beyond his ability at the time. No disgrace taking a step back to take two forward, if he was to take a year out at a lower level to play every week.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:21:13 PM by Lxxx »

September 02, 2018, 08:22:58 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You’d think if he’s going to really cut the mustard at this level then this year is a great opportunity.

Silva backs him, we don’t really have a natural box to box midfielder so he can make that position his own if he has it in him.

I think the fans will have him crying at a service station before the end of the season.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:44:57 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 02, 2018, 08:25:23 PM
Reply #8

blue1948

I love him and hope he comes good but at the moment he seems to be a bit blase and his passing is suffering .I also think he has a little bit too much aggression at times which is making him look reckless and prone to a booking or sending off .I agree that he might have been pushed a little too fast and needs to step back and take stock .

September 02, 2018, 08:34:57 PM
Reply #9

Bally

Administrator
He will come good given time and patience, the problem is, when the rest around him are playing shit he tries to up the tempo and its to his detriment.
Watch him with Gana who is a full workhorse Davies is a different player totally, with Schneiderlin he has to work harder, because Schneiderlin doesn't pull his weight as much, but looks better because of Davies workrate.
That's why he was made captain for the cup game, he's earned it.
I see a different Davies to most on twitter like.
It's the roll I way

September 02, 2018, 08:39:36 PM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

Fed up having scapegoats.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 02, 2018, 08:45:34 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think we should sell the scapegoats and buy proper goats.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

September 02, 2018, 09:05:14 PM
Reply #12

Evertonian in NC

He doesn't have to grow into a star to remain a very, very useful piece of the Everton puzzle.

And there's still ample time for him to grow and improve.  I'm perfectly fine with Tom Davies, and don't want him going anywhere, for any length of time.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 02, 2018, 09:05:15 PM
Reply #13

kramer0

Who was he supposed to pass the ball to yesterday?

DCL, Tosun, Sigurdsson/Niasse, and Walcott/Lookman spent the better part of 90 minutes standing in a horizontal line next to their markers.

September 02, 2018, 09:08:29 PM
Reply #14

sam of the south

Who was he supposed to pass the ball to yesterday?

DCL, Tosun, Sigurdsson/Niasse, and Walcott/Lookman spent the better part of 90 minutes standing in a horizontal line next to their markers.

Yeah, why werenít they making runs?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them