September 21, 2018, 06:56:15 AM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 3183 times)

September 03, 2018, 12:42:04 AM
Reply #30

Macca77

He's not as good as many think, he will be though

September 03, 2018, 12:50:41 AM
Reply #31

Danny

I think in about 2-3 years he'll be quality and the best of the scouse lads, it seems to me like he's been told to keep it simple and take no risks, when he first came into the team he'd try through balls all the time but he doesn't really now.

The way he gets forward in the Rotherham game was completely different to the Huddersfield one.

September 03, 2018, 01:04:39 AM
Reply #32

Alanvideo

always the local lads that get it in the ear isn't it?

I like him, I think he'll do alright as long as we stop giving him grief

fella who stands next to me at the match said to his lad the season Davies got into the first team that soon enough it'll be him who everyone's getting at.  2 years later and he's bang on the money.
.....................is Davies getting in the ear though ?  I don't hear anyone giving him grief apart from the disappointed groans when a pass goes astray but that applies to every player everywhere . I think 90% of fans are behind him and can see he's been asked to do too much ,especially playing alongside the carthorse Schneiderlin .
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 03, 2018, 01:12:37 AM
Reply #33

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry I don't think he's very good. He may well get a lot better but he should be on the bench

September 03, 2018, 01:28:54 AM
Reply #34

Shogun

Administrator
It's just more noticeable when Davies doesn't play well than the rest of the midfield (Gana, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson).

Davies' game is about trying to move the ball forward whether that be in the form of a pass or running with the ball in the opposition half. When he's not playing well, that means he's giving the ball away or being dispossessed on the ball. He hasn't been playing well and it's noticeable because those sort of instances have happened.

Gana, whether he plays well or not, he'll be chasing players down and at least trying to win the ball so there's always going to be positives in his play even if it's just through sheer effort. It's hard to tell when Schneiderlin plays well or not because he hardly moves from the centre circle or makes a difficult pass, it's only when the whole team is a mess (See Arsenal away last year) that you notice his terribleness. If Sigurdsson has a poor game then it's just because he goes missing, similar to Schneiderlin that it's hard to lament a player when he doesn't do anything (obviously wrong) in a match.

I'm just hoping Andre Gomes has something about him or Dowell can provide us with a change because it's the biggest problem area at the moment.

Davies is off form to sure but definitely scapegoated because of the way he plays.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 03, 2018, 01:44:29 AM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
.....................is Davies getting in the ear though ?  I don't hear anyone giving him grief apart from the disappointed groans when a pass goes astray but that applies to every player everywhere . I think 90% of fans are behind him and can see he's been asked to do too much ,especially playing alongside the carthorse Schneiderlin .

He gets louder groans and it doesn’t even apply to when he loses the ball.

Even when he picks a simple pass the heads fall off.

Then you had the Sigurdsson sub. People enraged because it wasn’t Davies when Sigurdsson was probably even worse.

I glad he stayed on because he would’ve got the ironic cheers and stuff like that can kill a player.

September 03, 2018, 01:45:23 AM
Reply #36

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We are dreadful with an academy lad to be fair.

September 03, 2018, 01:56:54 AM
Reply #37

Thornton_19

I think hes a good player. Think he was far from the problem yesterday when 6 or 7 had an awful game.

Think peoples opinions on footballers are spoilt because they are able to watch and consume so much of the Sport they can compare everyone to the best in their position in the world, and focua on there flaws rather than focusing on a pkayers attributes and acknowledging what he brings to the team.

Davies as an example always looks to quicken the pace of the team and getting the ball forward is his first concern. I also think hes a bit of a snide who gets away with a lot more fouls than he should which i like.

September 03, 2018, 02:01:23 AM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's just more noticeable when Davies doesn't play well than the rest of the midfield (Gana, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson).

Davies' game is about trying to move the ball forward whether that be in the form of a pass or running with the ball in the opposition half. When he's not playing well, that means he's giving the ball away or being dispossessed on the ball. He hasn't been playing well and it's noticeable because those sort of instances have happened.

Gana, whether he plays well or not, he'll be chasing players down and at least trying to win the ball so there's always going to be positives in his play even if it's just through sheer effort. It's hard to tell when Schneiderlin plays well or not because he hardly moves from the centre circle or makes a difficult pass, it's only when the whole team is a mess (See Arsenal away last year) that you notice his terribleness. If Sigurdsson has a poor game then it's just because he goes missing, similar to Schneiderlin that it's hard to lament a player when he doesn't do anything (obviously wrong) in a match.

I'm just hoping Andre Gomes has something about him or Dowell can provide us with a change because it's the biggest problem area at the moment.

Davies is off form to sure but definitely scapegoated because of the way he plays.

Wouldn’t count on Gomes to be honest. It will be a fairly sizeable shock if he is able to put some form together or show something going forward.

Bernard MIGHT be a good open play chance creator but I don’t think anyone knows really.

Dowell it isn’t looking good for imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 03, 2018, 02:02:03 AM
Reply #39

Dr. Sponge

At the moment I reckon he’s thought of as Schneiderlin’s backup. But injuries mean he and Schneiderlin were the only fit CMs for the game.

He’ll be fine if the fans get off his back and let him develop.

September 03, 2018, 02:11:37 AM
Reply #40

Shogun

Administrator
Wouldn’t count on Gomes to be honest. It will be a fairly sizeable shock if he is able to put some form together or show something going forward.

Bernard MIGHT be a good open play chance creator but I don’t think anyone knows really.

Dowell it isn’t looking good for imo.

We've not seen enough to judge any of those three at the moment in my eyes.

Our midfield isn't a glaring weakness, it's nowhere near as bad as Martina and Williams in defence every week. It's just a reflection of what people were talking about when they say it'll take two or three transfer windows to sort us out.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 03, 2018, 02:39:26 AM
Reply #41

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
If Gana was available then there's no way Davies would get in the squad, you'd think gana and Morgan are ahead of him.

He's not really come anywhere near the level of a decent premiership midfielder since he started. Other than the 1 game against City,  I can't think of another really good performance.

He's not a scapegoat either, people don't think he's playing too well because he's not actually playing too well, and hasn't for some time, nothing more or less than that.

He's still young though and has potential to get better, he could really do with a loan to one of the top Championship sides.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 03, 2018, 03:02:59 AM
Reply #42

Macca77

Sorry I don't think he's very good. He may well get a lot better but he should be on the bench

Gets nowhere near the team when everyone is fit, said that earlier, he's starting games now because there's nobody else, simple as that really

September 03, 2018, 03:16:40 AM
Reply #43

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I’m not convinced a championship loan is what he needs. He seems to get plenty of game time at Everton, has done for a couple years now, and better to be training/playing with and against top quality players rather than some championship groks managed by Paul Clement.

September 03, 2018, 03:47:57 AM
Reply #44

Alanvideo

He gets louder groans and it doesn’t even apply to when he loses the ball.

Even when he picks a simple pass the heads fall off.
Then you had the Sigurdsson sub. People enraged because it wasn’t Davies when Sigurdsson was probably even worse.
I glad he stayed on because he would’ve got the ironic cheers and stuff like that can kill a player.

..............well I don't know where you sit but people round me were pleased to see Siggy come off ,he was anonymous. As I said ,I believe most people  like Davies and think he'll progress.
We are special ,we are Everton.