November 21, 2018, 06:51:56 PM

Author Topic: Schneiderlin is a great passer apparently  (Read 2180 times)

September 04, 2018, 11:22:52 PM
Read 2180 times

plumber

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmLEktCU8AAcE50.jpg

About the same level as Jorginho and Fernandinho  ;)

Oh, and Alli and Neves are shit.

September 04, 2018, 11:37:44 PM
Reply #1

D15TIN

Not hard to pass the ball sideways to an unmarked player, I doubt any of his passers have been creative

September 05, 2018, 12:37:56 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

As ever, stats devoid of context prove nothing.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 05, 2018, 01:35:20 AM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Stats always look impressive for players in his role. Mc Carthys always looked great too

September 05, 2018, 01:44:27 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I did see that yeah but to be fair not a great deal of minutes played so far so likely to get skewed results.

The CM article by @footballfactman on Twitter is the best read on this for us. The Everton preview on statsbomb mentions it as well I think I.e how well do we move the ball up the pitch etc.

Re: Gana - yes I agree that that is what he is *good at* but that doesn’t seem to be what he is being *asked to do* which are two very different things.

Every touch Gana takes in transition or in the final third is for me, a touch that should be taken by Gylfi. But that isn’t what we see, what we see is Gana winning the ball back an incredible amount and then more often then not dribbling in half circles and passing backwards or sideways to someone else who is equally as bad at going forward. Checkout toffee analysis for his Bournemouth review as well. Good detail with gifs explaining etc.

Edit: also Morgan will be up there because it was a Quick/Accurate matrix which he will be both because he’s a competent passer and quick at recycling posession, but doesn’t try passes into the final third or with any kind of risk or impetus to them (I.e risk of being inaccurate - check out where neves is on that chart for instance.)
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 05, 2018, 01:50:32 AM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think William carvalho would’ve been great in this system.

September 05, 2018, 02:33:29 AM
Reply #6

Danny

Schneiderlin is good at pinging it out to an unmarked winger as well, it's just he has no creativity in him whatsoever.

Can't pick a ball through to the strikers feet and change the pace.

September 05, 2018, 02:37:03 AM
Reply #7

eyesalwaysblue

Used to believe in stats..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 05, 2018, 02:40:53 AM
Reply #8

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I think William carvalho would’ve been great in this system.

yup

And you know who else.

Fellaini
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:41:57 AM by Confucius »
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 05, 2018, 04:56:32 AM
Reply #9

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Stats always look impressive for players in his role. Mc Carthys always looked great too

Will I get hounded off the site for saying I’m quite looking forward to McCarthy returning to the team?

September 05, 2018, 05:03:51 AM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Will I get hounded off the site for saying I’m quite looking forward to McCarthy returning to the team?

I am too
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 05, 2018, 05:20:13 AM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

Not hard to pass the ball sideways to an unmarked player, I doubt any of his passers have been creative

Can't pick a ball through to the strikers feet and change the pace.

But that's not his role, he's not a creative midfielder. It's like criticising Jagielka for his lack of defence splitting passes. Having said that, his assist to Walcott was pretty damn good, but that's not what we should be judging him on.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:23:05 AM by Jamokachi »

September 05, 2018, 06:19:32 AM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But that's not his role, he's not a creative midfielder. It's like criticising Jagielka for his lack of defence splitting passes. Having said that, his assist to Walcott was pretty damn good, but that's not what we should be judging him on.

Yeah I mean, deep midfielders should be able to play it into feet or into a runner, and this is as someone that has generally always rated Morgan (although last two years have been...challenging) he doesn’t really seem to have that.

And yeah as we say, not his job, not gueye’s job...who’s job is it?

Past ten years it’s been Baines to be honest, but we’re phasing him out.

McCarthy is worse than the other two again at it.

Davies? Maybe. Maybe. He’s arguably not prem level tho?

Gylfi? Being discussed elsewhere.

We don’t have bad players in midfield, we just have bad like...fits.

September 05, 2018, 05:42:02 PM
Reply #13

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

A fit Mc Carthy is a positive addition

September 05, 2018, 05:54:41 PM
Reply #14

plumber

McCarthy is a bit worse version of Gana. Can't see what he ads to the squad except some depth.