November 21, 2018, 06:54:08 PM

Author Topic: Schneiderlin is a great passer apparently  (Read 2181 times)

September 05, 2018, 09:07:04 PM
Reply #15

D15TIN

McCarthy is a bit worse version of Gana. Can't see what he ads to the squad except some depth.
After watching the 2 in CM against Huddersfield, he's a welcome addition. Expecting Gana & Gomes to be our 2 for the season when both fit like

I think Saturday showed how important Gana is, just someone who can put the opposition under pressure, even higher up the pitch
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:14:58 PM by D15TIN »

September 05, 2018, 09:39:13 PM
Reply #16

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
McCarthy is done.

Ship him out on loan if he can get back up to speed.

Two years battling constant hamstring issues then a double leg break.

I donít see how heís going to recover from that.

September 05, 2018, 09:43:40 PM
Reply #17

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
McCarthy is done.

This.

September 05, 2018, 09:58:06 PM
Reply #18

Londontoff33

Not hard to pass the ball sideways to an unmarked player, I doubt any of his passers have been creative

Missed his assist for Walcott?

September 05, 2018, 11:00:43 PM
Reply #19

gizzblue

McCarthy is done.

Better than Schneids ,on his day as good as Gana ....deserves every opportunity to break into this squad ....we miss his energy imho. ..even at full tilt Schneids is slower and lazy in comparison.
Born not made a blue .

September 05, 2018, 11:06:22 PM
Reply #20

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Better than Schneids ,on his day as good as Gana ....deserves every opportunity to break into this squad ....we miss his energy imho. ..even at full tilt Schneids is slower and lazy in comparison.

On his day maybe but when did we last see McCarthy at his best?

September 05, 2018, 11:10:45 PM
Reply #21

Dr. Sponge

I hope Gomes is good, because our CM is in need of a little injection.

They all have their qualities but our midfield got outplayed/outbattled at home to Huddersfield.

Not a catastrophe this early into a new era, but definitely something that will need looking at.

September 05, 2018, 11:22:25 PM
Reply #22

gizzblue

On his day maybe but when did we last see McCarthy at his best?

He was actually there before the broken leg ..imho.
Born not made a blue .

September 05, 2018, 11:52:37 PM
Reply #23

kramer0

McCarthy had the physical and technical tools to be a much better player than what he ultimately became.

He really stagnated after his first season here, possibly down to injuries, the team's dip in form, or even working with Martinez for too long (four years at Wigan, then here) and running out of things to learn (inasmuch as Martinez had good things to teach). Or maybe he never had the mentality to be more than what he is.

Still, it seems like kind of a shame things have turned out the way they have.

September 05, 2018, 11:57:55 PM
Reply #24

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
McCarthy had the physical and technical tools to be a much better player than what he ultimately became.

He really stagnated after his first season here, possibly down to injuries, the team's dip in form, or even working with Martinez for too long (four years at Wigan, then here) and running out of things to learn (inasmuch as Martinez had good things to teach). Or maybe he never had the mentality to be more than what he is.

Still, it seems like kind of a shame things have turned out the way they have.
You could argue he became that player in his first season, he's played an awful lot of football for someone his age tbf to the lad
Simply simply lovely

September 06, 2018, 12:14:32 AM
Reply #25

kramer0

You could argue he became that player in his first season, he's played an awful lot of football for someone his age tbf to the lad

I think he had more to give. He had the technique to be more vertical/progressive with his passing* and the pace to contribute more in attack (and possibly even score a few goals -- he had a decent enough record for a midfielder in Scotland).

Good point about the amount of football he's played. Turning out regularly for Hamilton Academical when he was a teenager might not have been good for his long-term fitness.

* Sort of like Schneiderlin now. He absolutely nails the safe passes and switches of a play but he rarely passes forward through the middle of the pitch, which is the most valuable place to attack. It's all well and good helping the team to gain territory down the flanks but it limits your attacking possibilities when you build that way.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:59:50 AM by kramer0 »

September 06, 2018, 12:58:20 AM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He was actually there before the broken leg ..imho.

Hmmm you sure about that?

Looked the same old McCarthy to me.

September 06, 2018, 01:02:26 AM
Reply #27

gizzblue

Hmmm you sure about that?

Looked the same old McCarthy to me.

All those managers the last couple of years saw something you obviously dont in him .
Born not made a blue .

September 06, 2018, 01:03:36 AM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
All those managers the last couple of years saw something you obviously dont in him .

One manager.

A manager that rated Aiden Mcgeady.

September 06, 2018, 01:16:26 AM
Reply #29

gizzblue

One manager.

A manager that rated Aiden Mcgeady.

Koeman played him when fit as did Allardyce ...granted wasnt fit much but still ....as for the Mcgeady(well worse player) shite every manager loves a shit player at times .
Wenger/ Wilshire
Ferguson/ Chadwick/Wes Brown etc
Hughes/ Shaqiri
and others ,there's plenty of others we all know too .

But as I know from historical posting we will never agree black is black so I'm gonna save time and leave this now . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .