November 21, 2018, 06:03:15 PM

Author Topic: Schneiderlin is a great passer apparently  (Read 2179 times)

September 06, 2018, 01:26:58 AM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There’s been an update that accounts for aggressiveness (how likely it is to end up contributing to a shot).

Shall we change the title to *safe*?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 01:28:14 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 06, 2018, 01:55:38 AM
Reply #31

kramer0

Nothing too surprising there. You don't have to watch Schneiderlin and Gana much to see that they're both very safe with the ball.

This is going to be our biggest limitations this season -- we don't have anything but safe passers in the middle*. We'll be able to counter just fine but ball progression against a set defense is going to be a problem.

At least our players make the safe passes well (that not accurate/not aggressive quadrant... oof).

* Gomes is the wild card but, at a glance, he looks more like a quality dribbler than a quality forward passer.

September 06, 2018, 02:15:58 AM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
this is fun too.

Expected assists leaderboard with assists, key passes, open play key passes etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 06, 2018, 02:27:58 AM
Reply #33

Danny

But that's not his role, he's not a creative midfielder. It's like criticising Jagielka for his lack of defence splitting passes. Having said that, his assist to Walcott was pretty damn good, but that's not what we should be judging him on.

I really rate Schneiderlin but I think it's every midfielders job these days, i'm not saying playing through balls just a DM should be able to see the way the game is going and take pressure off rather than passing it short to another midfielder especially when the next guy along is Gueye who also can't do it.

September 06, 2018, 02:55:28 AM
Reply #34

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
this is fun too.

Expected assists leaderboard with assists, key passes, open play key passes etc.

Sigurdsson looking better than people might expect there

September 06, 2018, 02:59:43 AM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson looking better than people might expect there

I can see why silva is working on set piece routines iíll say that much.

September 06, 2018, 04:28:16 AM
Reply #36

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Re McCarthy - Itís been a while since heís done anything but make injury comebacks, but if iirc I donít remember him being anything but a coward on the ball after that successful first season.

We donít miss him in the slightest based on his performances over the last two years.

September 06, 2018, 04:39:12 AM
Reply #37

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I actually forget that heís even on the payroll until someone brings him up in a thread.

We could give him away for free, not miss anything on the pitch, and be £3m a year better off. Pretty much sums up his time here.

September 06, 2018, 06:11:29 PM
Reply #38

Bluenose 91

Classic case of a player becoming better the longer they're out injured.

It's Funes Mori and Besic all over again.

They were both shit and so is McCarthy.

September 06, 2018, 09:12:19 PM
Reply #39

D15TIN

But that's not his role, he's not a creative midfielder. It's like criticising Jagielka for his lack of defence splitting passes. Having said that, his assist to Walcott was pretty damn good, but that's not what we should be judging him on.
his ball to Walcott was good, had forgotten that - I just see Davies at least having a go at a forward pass though, schneiderlin doesn't seem to ever want to get involved in any of that

September 06, 2018, 10:01:36 PM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
His ball to Walcott was the application of a set ball routine.

Technically heís very good but he lacks bravery and creativity to pass the ball through the lines.

Surprised thereís even a discussion about this.

September 08, 2018, 08:16:15 PM
Reply #41

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Classic case of a player becoming better the longer they're out injured.

It's Funes Mori and Besic all over again.

They were both shit and so is McCarthy.

Nah, McCarthy was the boo-boy through the latter Martinez years. He was never as bad as people made out - nor was he as good as the same people made out in Martinez first season either. In a functioning team I reckon he'll end up getting a fair bit of love from the fans again.

It does seem though we like to make whoever is in the middle of the pitch with at least some responsibility for progressing the ball forward the boo-boy at Everton - Barkley, McCarthy, Schneiderlein, Davies...

September 08, 2018, 08:38:49 PM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, McCarthy was the boo-boy through the latter Martinez years. He was never as bad as people made out - nor was he as good as the same people made out in Martinez first season either. In a functioning team I reckon he'll end up getting a fair bit of love from the fans again.

It does seem though we like to make whoever is in the middle of the pitch with at least some responsibility for progressing the ball forward the boo-boy at Everton - Barkley, McCarthy, Schneiderlein, Davies...

Donít recall McCarthy ever being a Ďboo boyí. Infact, he was probably a fans favourite right up until the very last weeks of the Martinez reign.

Even now you have people saying he can offer a lot to this team when he hasnít offered Everton anything for the last three years.

September 09, 2018, 01:04:55 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah he was called a crab regularly like.

He was a fan favourite at first but he was eventually exposed.

Iím looking forward to him coming back because maybe foolishly I did believe in him for a long time, heís got a bit more...locomotion about him than say Davies, and at one point I thought he had the potential to be a real up and down dominant midfielder - but how long can he get by on potential after 100ís of games at this level? Heís wonít add anything to our passing though unfortunately.