November 20, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

Author Topic: [News]Gueye leaves international squad with fresh injury worry  (Read 751 times)

September 06, 2018, 09:19:00 PM
Read 751 times

Everton News

Gueye leaves international squad with fresh injury worry

Everton midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye has returned to Finch Farm from international duty after it was confirmed he would not be fit enough to play in his nation's upcoming fixtures.

Source: Gueye leaves international squad with fresh injury worry

September 06, 2018, 09:22:15 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 06, 2018, 10:30:18 PM
Reply #2

D15TIN

Why has he even travelled when injured?

September 06, 2018, 11:09:58 PM
Reply #3

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

September 06, 2018, 11:11:11 PM
Reply #4

WeimaranerBlues

yep should not have travelled pointless

September 07, 2018, 12:57:53 AM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

I'm guessing Senegal insisted their team look at him and he's had to go and get assessed there unless he wanted to burn bridges with his National side.

I think sometimes the smaller Nations feel the bigger clubs can try and stop their players from going to friendlies and less important games. Probably because it's true in some cases. So you can understand why they wanted to see for themselves. Probably thought we said "Madagascar? Eff off! Be arsed risking a key player getting injured for that!"

This is all pure conjecture by the way. I am no Senegal ITK.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 07, 2018, 01:07:50 AM
Reply #6

blue1948

Worth going to Madagascar and not play just to see it .

September 07, 2018, 01:08:58 AM
Reply #7

blue slug

I donít think international managers trust the opinions of club medical staff lol

September 07, 2018, 02:07:47 AM
Reply #8

Evertonian in NC

Maybe Cisse at least had the decency not to push him to play, ala MON?  He seems like a level-headed, progressive manager.  I wouldn't expect him to want to burn bridges with Everton.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 11, 2018, 04:57:54 PM
Reply #9

Bwana

Worth going to Madagascar and not play just to see it .

I'm going there next spring. Thought of  first going in this October on kids' school break but Madagascar is having their presidential election soon and usually that's not a good time to travel to any African country.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.