November 22, 2018, 02:58:23 AM

Author Topic: [News]Zouma reminds me of Sylvain Distin  (Read 2425 times)

September 07, 2018, 09:03:34 PM
Reply #15

Cozzie

Distin was great.

One of those players that totally defied age.

Still annoyed at the back pass of course as we where in full control of that game.

Deffo top 5 I've seen in my life time.

September 07, 2018, 09:16:41 PM
Reply #16

Simon Paul

Administrator
Whats the milk thing ?

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=41733.0

Everton footballer Sylvain Distin had a three-year fling with a blonde claiming to be a milkman, it has been revealed.

September 07, 2018, 09:27:53 PM
Reply #17

D15TIN

Distin was quality for us, but for the last 12 months and that back pass in the semi final, think he genuinely loved playing for Everton

September 07, 2018, 09:33:56 PM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

I loved Kevin Ratcliffe as much as anyone - but is it in his contract or something that he is ALWAYS described as "Everton legend and most successful captain in the club's history, Kevin Ratcliffe,"?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 07, 2018, 09:41:13 PM
Reply #19

Shogun

Administrator
Zouma is better I think.

both quick and strong but Zouma a lot more comfortable on the ball both in terms of bringing it out from the back and in his passing. He'll go on to have a great career if he gets back on the right track. Hopefully, with us.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 07, 2018, 10:32:34 PM
Reply #20

Evertonian in NC

Zouma is better I think.

both quick and strong but Zouma a lot more comfortable on the ball both in terms of bringing it out from the back and in his passing. He'll go on to have a great career if he gets back on the right track. Hopefully, with us.

Agreed, Zouma strikes me as more composed, and has the ceiling of being world-class.  There's a good reason Chelsea won't sell outright.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 07, 2018, 11:27:53 PM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Zouma has a ton more potential and is still young. He'll easily eclipse Distin. Don't think Distin ever played for his country either.

My top 5 defenders for Everton:

Ratcliffe
Watson
Gough
Jags
Lescott
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 08, 2018, 12:31:08 AM
Reply #22

di_guyo

I think Zouma has a way to go to prove he's as good as Distin was - I'm surprised by some of these comments. If you only take the last 18-24 months into account then of course, but Distin was a fantastic player for us when he signed. He's was mobile, strong, and formed a great partnership with Jags. Great signing.
Everton & Atleti

September 08, 2018, 12:34:48 AM
Reply #23

Paddockoldie

I loved Kevin Ratcliffe as much as anyone - but is it in his contract or something that he is ALWAYS described as "Everton legend and most successful captain in the club's history, Kevin Ratcliffe,"?

They're called facts though mate. He is and was, period.

September 08, 2018, 12:44:33 AM
Reply #24

BlueForYou

Dead right

Top 5 centre backs:

1)Brian Labone
2)Kevin Ratcliffe
3)Tommy E Jones
4)Mick Lyons
5=)Dave Watson/Phil Jagielka

Special mention: Jimmy Gabriel; John Hurst; Mark Higgins
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 08, 2018, 01:31:21 AM
Reply #25

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 08, 2018, 02:24:28 AM
Reply #26

School of Science

They're called facts though mate. He is and was, period.

Agree not a lot wrong with that is there.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 08, 2018, 02:29:38 AM
Reply #27

School of Science

Dead right

Top 5 centre backs:

1)Brian Labone
2)Kevin Ratcliffe
3)Tommy E Jones
4)Mick Lyons
5=)Dave Watson/Phil Jagielka

Special mention: Jimmy Gabriel; John Hurst; Mark Higgins

Only a year or so but Richard Gough, also Lescott, Mick Lyons, Ken McNaught, Roger Kenyon. We also had Colin Todd for a few seasons. Remember Martin Keown before he signed for Arsenal.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 08, 2018, 04:36:50 AM
Reply #28

terrydarracotsbaldpate

Zouma has a ton more potential and is still young. He'll easily eclipse Distin. Don't think Distin ever played for his country either.

My top 5 defenders for Everton:

Ratcliffe
Watson
Gough
Jags
Lescott
I presume you mean centre halves.

September 08, 2018, 06:40:30 AM
Reply #29

charlatan

Always hated Distin after the semi final against those twats