September 21, 2018, 07:43:11 AM

Author Topic: [News]"Don't let Jamie Carragher ref the game”  (Read 2008 times)

September 09, 2018, 07:45:25 AM
Reply #30

Jamokachi

Yes you mis read it, or just twisting it for the crowd, which ever. At least we've never paid over 40 million for an average player like him....oh wait.

You've written that the greatest manager in British football history was made to "look better than he was", which is complete bollocks. The fact he took a team of kids that included the likes of P.Neville and Nicky Butt to English football dominance proves the exact opposite.

September 09, 2018, 08:15:42 AM
Reply #31

eyesalwaysblue

Those kids were already there, the team picked itself with few additions for years, they also won a lot of trophies when the top flight was at a low point opposition wise, not saying he wasn't a good manager, just don't think he was as god like football genius that's all, but i'll slag Fergie off every day for ever rather than Ex Blues who always put the effort in ...now that's mental.
     I have to say i am biased against Fergie though i hated the twat, so did a lot of the UTD fans for pissing Mcmanus and Magner off over the Rock of Gibraltar affair, which led to them getting out, which in turn ended up with the Glazier take over, the truth of that was air brushed in the football press but not in the Racing press.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 09, 2018, 08:49:02 AM
Reply #32

Jamokachi

Silly me, didn't realise football management was so easy  ::)

Also, you know it's possible to write a post slagging off neither of the two, right?!

September 09, 2018, 09:26:49 AM
Reply #33

eyesalwaysblue

You've written that the greatest manager in British football history was made to "look better than he was", which is complete bollocks. The fact he took a team of kids that included the likes of P.Neville and Nicky Butt to English football dominance proves the exact opposite.
That's slander i would never ever write that he was "the greatest manager in British football history" the words just couldn't come out.  Strange to see Fergie so fiercely defended on here and Capitan Phil rubbished, parallel universe stuff. Fergie's a bit like Churchill a drunken cunt who had good people behind him and they were both good at speeches.....Q gammon type treason shouts.

September 09, 2018, 11:49:20 AM
Reply #34

Jamokachi

No wonder we're tagged as bitter. Christ!

September 09, 2018, 12:23:16 PM
Reply #35

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Meltdown central.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

September 09, 2018, 12:29:09 PM
Reply #36

Jamokachi

Meltdown central.

Having a pop at ol' whiskey nose after a few whiskeys no doubt.

September 09, 2018, 04:55:18 PM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

That's slander i would never ever write that he was "the greatest manager in British football history" the words just couldn't come out.  Strange to see Fergie so fiercely defended on here and Capitan Phil rubbished, parallel universe stuff. Fergie's a bit like Churchill a drunken cunt who had good people behind him and they were both good at speeches.....Q gammon type treason shouts.

Wow. The man was a genius. Unmatched in his field. It's freakish what he achieved, and when you look into how he achieved it, it's even better.

Phil Neville's an awful little jaundiced footballer who I'm largely embarrassed to associate with the club now, and don't like to hear speak about the club because he comes out with the Moyesian 'punching above our weight' bollocks.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 09, 2018, 04:57:45 PM
Reply #38

Gash

Global Moderator
Those kids were already there, the team picked itself with few additions for years

You do realise that of the Class of 92 there's only really 3 that had long careers at Man Utd, Gary Neville, Giggs and Scholes. The likes of Beckham, Butt and Phil Neville etc all moved on, 3 players is hardly a 'team that picked itself for years' especially if you look at the time Ferguson was there. He frequently rebuilt the team, to try and say he wasn't great or dismiss what he achieved or put it down to others is just stupid. Great managers surround themselves with the great people.

As for Phil Neville, I don't mind the guy and never really understood the stick he gets. That 'tackle' didn't change our season though. ;)

September 09, 2018, 06:10:56 PM
Reply #39

eyesalwaysblue

Wow. The man was a genius. Unmatched in his field. It's freakish what he achieved, and when you look into how he achieved it, it's even better.

Phil Neville's an awful little jaundiced footballer who I'm largely embarrassed to associate with the club now, and don't like to hear speak about the club because he comes out with the Moyesian 'punching above our weight' bollocks.
If your embarrassed by Phil Neville that's sad and Moyes spinning plates for 10 years, having to make his own money in the market before he had spit to spend, while at the same time giving us a few days in the sun here and there, and at times we did punch above our weight too, "awful jaundiced footballer" wow now that is bitter, are you red?

September 09, 2018, 06:26:59 PM
Reply #40

eyesalwaysblue

You do realise that of the Class of 92 there's only really 3 that had long careers at Man Utd, Gary Neville, Giggs and Scholes. The likes of Beckham, Butt and Phil Neville etc all moved on, 3 players is hardly a 'team that picked itself for years' especially if you look at the time Ferguson was there. He frequently rebuilt the team, to try and say he wasn't great or dismiss what he achieved or put it down to others is just stupid. Great managers surround themselves with the great people.

As for Phil Neville, I don't mind the guy and never really understood the stick he gets. That 'tackle' didn't change our season though. ;)
No it didn't change a season, never said it did but the lad always gave everything and we could have done with a Phil last couple of seasons, might have jolted a few under performers and total toss pots.
  As for Fergie, i'm glad he survived his illness, but iv'e always disliked him and that won't ever change.

September 09, 2018, 09:16:31 PM
Reply #41

Bob Sacamano

This thread has descended into madness.

September 09, 2018, 09:43:20 PM
Reply #42

Macca77

I hated Neville, awful player, even worse captain

September 10, 2018, 01:58:27 AM
Reply #43

toffee_scot

Phil Neville was ok, not a great footballer but he wasn't afraid to take the captain's armband - we might laugh at his rallying calls (part of his job as captain especially when evertonTV approached him for a mandatory interview) and pointing but he does have some of my respect for stepping up to the role.

The one thing in my view that lets him down big time is he didn't really seem to understand the club or the fans especially when it came to ambition. In one interview he referred to one Everton squad (from around 2008) as a golden generation even though we won fuck all. He pretty much got sucked into the Moyes glass ceiling way of thinking.

September 10, 2018, 03:53:58 PM
Reply #44

TheTone

the almost weekly Phil Neville rallying call on the os used to really get on my tits