November 19, 2018, 03:01:45 AM

Author Topic: Everton V West Ham 16/09 4pm kick off  (Read 12672 times)

September 17, 2018, 01:50:21 AM
Reply #750

Evertonian in NC

Anyone else already written off next week's game?

No, we are a different team with Richarlison.  But we obviously need more sorting out than just that.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 17, 2018, 01:50:59 AM
Reply #751

Lxxx

We couldn’t have had an easier opening run of games either. We’ll chalk next week off as the standard defeat and then we’re onto a tougher run of games from the comfort of the bottom third of the league table. Great.

September 17, 2018, 01:52:36 AM
Reply #752

Danny

We couldn’t have had an easier opening run of games either. We’ll chalk next week off as the standard defeat and then we’re onto a tougher run of games from the comfort of the bottom third of the league table. Great.

The saving grace for Silva is he seemed to win a lot of games against bigger clubs when at Watford and Hull, if he can win us a few of them we'll be on track again.

September 17, 2018, 01:54:05 AM
Reply #753

sam of the south

Think Richarlison has to be up front now. Arnautovic was a good player on the wing but looks much better up front and think Richarlison has similar capabilities.

Another thing that might be getting overlooked here, is just how much better Baines looked with Richarlison in the side. Richarlison presses well from the front, and tracks back very effectively. We’ve missed that as much as his offensive dynamism.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 17, 2018, 02:10:47 AM
Reply #754

eugene

Big fan of Tosun but Calvert Lewin up front makes more sense on current form especially with Richarlison back
Sorry mate but the ball just doesn’t go where he wants

September 17, 2018, 03:19:10 AM
Reply #755

cantoffee

Not when Holgate did exactly the same last week.

He's too weak physically against the majority of Pl forwards.

3rd goal is an obvious example but he's miles away from Arnautovic at the first pass in then nowehere near at the return ball.

It was neither one thing nor the other.

That happened less dramaticallly nearly every attack this week and last.

Ok if you're accepting a learning curve but a massive issue at the moment
Yes, he's not strong enough but he compounds the problem by stepping towards the ball on both the first and third goals instead of staying goalside of Arnautovic. He probably does need to just get physically stronger but for now he needs to make better decisions as well and not be overly aggressive in an attempt to make up for being too weak.

As you say, a learning curve perhaps but he looks miles off a starting spot in the PL based on the last few games. Just gets absolutely bullied all game by Arnautovic, Wilson, Mounie, even Charlie Austin.

Lots to learn, hope he can do it as he seems to have a lot of other things going for him and at least seems to be mentally strong to play through poor patches.

September 17, 2018, 03:19:55 AM
Reply #756

Martip

Big fan of Tosun but Calvert Lewin up front makes more sense on current form especially with Richarlison back
I think we need to call a spade a spade...try are both not good enough for different reasons.

September 17, 2018, 04:21:35 AM
Reply #757

Jamokachi

Weirdly, I'm not too upset by this. I'm gutted like, but not angry. We're a work in progress with a lot of changes having been made in the summer. We're going to have days like this. What I'm interested in now is how we respond next time out.

September 17, 2018, 04:49:42 AM
Reply #758

charlatan

That was utter shite., and the most Everton thing ever.

On a brighter note, when I seen the team announced, had a £20 spot on West Ham to win at 4/1.  Just gutted I never did Yarmolenko as 1st goal as well, that was a fucking cert

September 17, 2018, 04:50:21 AM
Reply #759

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Weirdly, I'm not too upset by this. I'm gutted like, but not angry. We're a work in progress with a lot of changes having been made in the summer. We're going to have days like this. What I'm interested in now is how we respond next time out.

Me neither because it was absolutely expected.

We are where we are. It might take 2 more windows until we are even back where we were.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 05:04:24 AM
Reply #760

Martip

That was utter shite., and the most Everton thing ever.

On a brighter note, when I seen the team announced, had a £20 spot on West Ham to win at 4/1.  Just gutted I never did Yarmolenko as 1st goal as well, that was a fucking cert
Thing is that today fell below the shite that was expected.

September 17, 2018, 07:53:36 AM
Reply #761

eyesalwaysblue

A lot will depend on how much longer we continue to flog the dead horses in this squad.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 17, 2018, 11:58:43 AM
Reply #762

Ramjam

A lot will depend on how much longer we continue to flog the dead horses in this squad.
Only problem is, we can’t replace any of them until January so we will need to get a better tune out of them until then.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 17, 2018, 12:52:49 PM
Reply #763

eyesalwaysblue

Only problem is, we can’t replace any of them until January so we will need to get a better tune out of them until then.
We've carried on through quite a few windows and a couple of managers, the problem seems to be nobody in power realising or admitting how poor some of them are, no matter how expensive or how stupid long the contracts.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 17, 2018, 01:24:08 PM
Reply #764

Lxxx

That was written a number of times on here a fortnight ago too.