November 14, 2018, 04:03:25 AM

Author Topic: marcus rashford...  (Read 2951 times)

September 12, 2018, 07:24:07 PM
Reply #15

formerKHL

Is that you Walshy?

no if I was it would be you value him at £100mil...we'll give you £120mill..you back him back for £5mill at £10k per year he plays for you and £8k per year if he palys for England..if you sell him to real madrid or barcelone we'll give you an extra £30mill....and we'll take ashl;ey young off your hands...for £15mill

September 12, 2018, 07:27:32 PM
Reply #16

Ross

no if I was it would be you value him at £100mil...we'll give you £120mill..you back him back for £5mill at £10k per year he plays for you and £8k per year if he palys for England..if you sell him to real madrid or barcelone we'll give you an extra £30mill....and we'll take ashl;ey young off your hands...for £15mill

My mistake itís Dianne Abbott isnít it?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 12, 2018, 07:49:28 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Donít know how I feel about him to be honest, tend to feel a bit begrudging about top club youth prospects because the exposure they get is so much bigger than others. See my Barkley vs RLC comment for more on this! *cough*hype-job*cough*

He looks brilliant, but maybe isnít going to get a shot at being the big man. Bit like strurridge at Chelsea etc.

Would be a good signing you have to say. Give him the number nine shirt and just say go ed then, bang 20 in the prem. big Rom could, can you?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 12, 2018, 07:51:33 PM
Reply #18

Cereal Killer

???

I was confused, and then I saw take Ashley Young for £15m, so it made me realise it was all a raving of a mad man

Anyway, would be nice to get him, but won't ever happen, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal would all want him

September 12, 2018, 09:47:29 PM
Reply #19

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

???
My momma says I'm special.

September 12, 2018, 10:16:55 PM
Reply #20

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not taking Ashley Young off anyoneís hands for 15mil

September 12, 2018, 10:23:42 PM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

Think he'll just stay at Utd, and prosper when Mourinho's gone, probably later this season. He's a Manc and a Utd fan, so very much doubt he's going anywhere.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 12, 2018, 10:26:26 PM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

Donít know how I feel about him to be honest, tend to feel a bit begrudging about top club youth prospects because the exposure they get is so much bigger than others. See my Barkley vs RLC comment for more on this! *cough*hype-job*cough*

He looks brilliant, but maybe isnít going to get a shot at being the big man. Bit like strurridge at Chelsea etc.

Would be a good signing you have to say. Give him the number nine shirt and just say go ed then, bang 20 in the prem. big Rom could, can you?

Barkley got unbelievable press when he first came through.

September 12, 2018, 10:29:11 PM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley got unbelievable press when he first came through.

Youíre not wrong to be fair
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 12, 2018, 10:50:32 PM
Reply #24

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think similarly to Lookman (although further along clearly) he has a way to go. I don't think he's a slam dunk that numbers like 100 million should ever be considered in the near term. Remember how much we sold Lukaku (although yes, pre-Neymar deal) for and he was regularly scoring high numbers every season.

If he leaves Man United (I think if Mourinho leaves that becomes less likely) he'd want to go somewhere to play as a striker I'd imagine. To that end, he's still a bit of a work in progress and if we'd need someone to hold the ball up in that position...that's not exactly his strength. Likewise his finishing is hit and miss, reminds me a little of Walcott actually in that he can get on a good scoring run but he can miss some good chances too you'd think he'd be scoring. Yes he scored for England (hence this story/talking point to begin with) but he also missed like 3 great chances in the last match...probably the difference in losing and getting a draw in that game.

So while I'd take a chance on him, it would be taking a chance to a degree and I'd certainly don't think he'd be worth paying much over 50 million for...and I can't imagine many other teams would pay over that either.

If he was looking to leave, I doubt there would be many other clubs who'd give him the same amount of playing time if that is what he's after, unless he went on loan to a bottom half PL side. So it would be a good fit.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:53:49 PM by blueToffee »

September 12, 2018, 11:06:16 PM
Reply #25

Gary1878

I really rate Rashford and think he will be a cracking player. But i wouldn't play him ahead of Tosun at this very moment.

I don't think he can lead the line well-enough on his own. I would consider playing him on the left side of a 3, but he needs to be able to take punishment week in week out, have the stamina and determination to keep running, be consistently decent in the air, and have strong hold up play. He doesn't have those attributes at the moment.

There is no doubt though that he is a class finisher, and his speed alone would warrant serious competition with Tosun up top.

September 13, 2018, 02:13:07 AM
Reply #26

eyesalwaysblue

I really rate Rashford and think he will be a cracking player. But i wouldn't play him ahead of Tosun at this very moment.

I don't think he can lead the line well-enough on his own. I would consider playing him on the left side of a 3, but he needs to be able to take punishment week in week out, have the stamina and determination to keep running, be consistently decent in the air, and have strong hold up play. He doesn't have those attributes at the moment.

There is no doubt though that he is a class finisher, and his speed alone would warrant serious competition with Tosun up top.
Nothing against Tosun at all, but a no brainer that Rashford is by far a superior  player already, love it to happen but can't see it, don't think it would be just prem clubs interested, plenty abroad will be sniffing.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 13, 2018, 02:19:38 AM
Reply #27

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing against Tosun at all, but a no brainer that Rashford is by far a superior  player already, love it to happen but can't see it, don't think it would be just prem clubs interested, plenty abroad will be sniffing.

If you want someone to hold the ball up by himself...is he the better option though? DCL might even be a better choice if that's what we need of a player in that position.

There is a reason Lukaku gets played where he does for Man Utd and Rashford essentially gets bit part roles from the left wing. Mourinho has his faults but he isn't a complete idiot in this regard.

September 13, 2018, 02:32:10 AM
Reply #28

eyesalwaysblue

If you want someone to hold the ball up by himself...is he the better option though? DCL might even be a better choice if that's what we need of a player in that position.

There is a reason Lukaku gets played where he does for Man Utd and Rashford essentially gets bit part roles from the left wing. Mourinho has his faults but he isn't a complete idiot in this regard.
He does get bit parts that's why he's pissed off, watched UTD's pre season last year against Real/Barca, against Real they played Rashford, Lingaurd, Marshial, they were superb the best iv'e seen UTD for ages before and they haven't matched it since, Mourihnio has set Rashford back for me the lad was flying, why he plays Lukaku for the full 90 all the time even when he's not firing points to something between the 2 not being right.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 13, 2018, 02:47:20 AM
Reply #29

D15TIN

Defo yes, think he'd fit in perfectly and do well here.

probably cost at least 50mill wouldn't he?