November 21, 2018, 06:56:09 PM

Author Topic: marcus rashford...  (Read 3010 times)

September 13, 2018, 09:47:29 PM
Reply #45

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think they’d want 100 which is ridiculous really. There was talk of them wanting 80 for martial

They may have wanted that much for Martial, but did they get it? Nope. Because none of their up and coming players have impressed that much to be worth anything of the sort.

This is not Mbappe we're talking about here.

The odd goal for England against let's face it often pretty mediocre opposition doesn't really help Rashford when he can't get in ahead of Lukaku, nor does getting slagged off by the manager on a couple of occasions last season to not being up to it when he does come in (his finishing is a lot more erratic these days, just talking about England and he missed some great chances against Spain and in the World Cup missed that one on one when he got his chance to play) and generally playing a bit part role for his club side. His biggest three selling points for him are he's English, he's got pace and young so those all get a price bump.

I like him, but based on his current contribution he's being kinda overrated. I also think we'd be one of the best sides he could likely come to as even if say Arsenal or Spurs were interested, it's likely Man Utd wouldn't sell to them. I'd say his level is about our level right now. People are doing us a disservice is they think we'd not be a good option for him.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 09:54:53 PM by blueToffee »

September 13, 2018, 10:00:51 PM
Reply #46

KoemansNumberTens

They may have wanted that much for Martial, but did they get it? Nope. Because none of their up and coming players have impressed that much to be worth anything of the sort.

This is not Mbappe we're talking about here.

The odd goal for England against let's face it often pretty mediocre opposition doesn't really help Rashford when he can't get in ahead of Lukaku, nor does getting slagged off by the manager on a couple of occasions last season to not being up to it when he does come in (his finishing is a lot more erratic these days, just talking about England and he missed some great chances against Spain and in the World Cup missed that one on one when he got his chance to play) and generally playing a bit part role for his club side. His biggest three selling points for him are he's English, he's got pace and young so those all get a price bump.

I like him, but based on his current contribution he's being kinda overrated. I also think we'd be one of the best sides he could likely come to as even if say Arsenal or Spurs were interested, it's likely Man Utd wouldn't sell to them. I'd say his level is about our level right now. People are doing us a disservice is they think we'd not be a good option for him.

I totally agree with you. He’s a good prospect but still relatively unproven. No they didn’t get the money for martial and he’s still there. I think he’s kind of stuck as the prices they’ll quote will be something no one would be willing to pay

September 13, 2018, 10:37:03 PM
Reply #47

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
If we were back in 2012 I reckon he’d  go for around Ł20m.

Course, that was 6 years ago.

September 14, 2018, 02:20:52 AM
Reply #48

eyesalwaysblue

No, mate. Basing your opinion of players on pre season friendlies is what makes you a "fuckin pillock".
So you think a comp involving Barca, Real Madrid and Utd pre season or not wouldn't be taken seriously by all 3? you were just having a snide, i know the difference between meaningless games and what this was.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 14, 2018, 03:48:58 AM
Reply #49

Jamokachi

So you think a comp involving Barca, Real Madrid and Utd pre season or not wouldn't be taken seriously by all 3?

No, I don't. The hint is in the "pre-season" part.

September 14, 2018, 05:32:01 AM
Reply #50

eyesalwaysblue

No, I don't. The hint is in the "pre-season" part.
Well have a watch next year if they have it again, some very good games.

September 14, 2018, 04:47:41 PM
Reply #51

Toddacelli

Think a loan would suit.

We'd get a young, hungry striker.
Rashford would get games.
Man U would keep the player in the area and on the books.

I think the biggest blocker to this would be whether or not a loan striker is in the plans of Silva and Brands or whether they want something more settled and long-term.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 14, 2018, 08:43:48 PM
Reply #52

Morta75

Yes, please  :badum:

September 15, 2018, 12:41:21 AM
Reply #53

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45519863

Mourinho has been criticised for not playing the 20-year-old, who scored twice for England during the international break, enough in United's opening four Premier League games.

But the Portuguese said Rashford's playing time compares favourably with young English players at rival teams.

"People speaking about his minutes, they are a bit confused," he said.

In his news conference before Saturday's league match at Watford (17:30 BST), Mourinho outlined his use of Rashford over the past two seasons.

He said the forward has played 5,744 minutes in 105 games in all competitions.

"Marcus Rashford is not [Liverpool striker] Dominic Solanke. He's not [Chelsea midfielder] Ruben Loftus-Cheek. He's not [Everton forward] Dominic Calvert-Lewin," said the 55-year-old.

"He's Marcus Rashford, Manchester United player, with an incredible number of appearances and an incredible number of minutes played at the highest level in the best possible competitions."

September 15, 2018, 12:50:18 AM
Reply #54

Old England Toffee

I think the biggest blocker to this would be whether or not a loan striker is in the plans of Silva and Brands or whether they want something more settled and long-term.

I think it makes a lot of sense loaning players at this stage. Making the step up to the next level can be really messy. Man city was the best example they bought and overpaid for so many players, and then ended up selling them for big losses, and having a bloated squad. Would be great if we could loan some young internationals from big teams.

September 15, 2018, 02:12:38 AM
Reply #55

eyesalwaysblue

Mourinheeo will go before Rashford