September 21, 2018, 06:52:20 AM

Author Topic: [News]The Marco Silva effect  (Read 1839 times)

September 14, 2018, 06:31:38 PM
Reply #30

Gash

Global Moderator
Would we?

I remember some being bitter about Moyes leaving but I don't remember a points deduction for Man U ever being discussed. There was even some 'lost focus' and 'head turned' shouts aimed at Moyes - but still no points deductions or claims for compensation.

It was totally different with Moyes, United wanted him the following season and he wasn't under contract with us for that season. We wanted Silva straight away while he was still under contract. We can argue that Moyes head was turned but they're still not really the same situation.

I still don't think much will come of this. I've said before that the fact the Premier League told us to sort it out between us suggests they don't think anything serious has happened and if they try to pin it on us then they open a whole can of worms, everyone knows that during a club's pursuit of players or managers 'tapping up' of some shape or form happens all the time at all levels of football.

September 14, 2018, 06:37:07 PM
Reply #31

Macca77

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45518811

BBC Sport understands an independent law firm has been tasked with looking into the matter.

September 14, 2018, 06:41:01 PM
Reply #32

Shogun

Administrator
The only difference though, was we didn't throw our dummies out of the prams like Watford.

Probably should have. Don’t think any of us were really that arsed about Moyes leaving though.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 15, 2018, 01:45:14 AM
Reply #33

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 15, 2018, 02:50:50 AM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The word witchhunt is springing to mind

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-release-statement-after-allegations-15154361

Wait where’d his come from??

Thought we were getting investigated about silva not some mad teenager?

Everyone bloody taps up leave us alone you bullies.

Stage is set for a points deduction innit
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 15, 2018, 02:57:41 AM
Reply #35

sam of the south

Wait where’d his come from??

Thought we were getting investigated about silva not some mad teenager?

Everyone bloody taps up leave us alone you bullies.

Stage is set for a points deduction innit

It was two years ago as well, all very convenient to bring it up now, and with him being a United player. 

Maybe there is something in the thing django said about United being wary of us getting stronger.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 15, 2018, 03:15:50 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It was two years ago as well, all very convenient to bring it up now, and with him being a United player. 

Maybe there is something in the thing django said about United being wary of us getting stronger.

Well those mother fuckers are too late.

We are coming.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 15, 2018, 06:01:02 AM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I know everybody does it but we do seem to constantly get in trouble for this sort of thing.

Garbutt, lascelles and others.

May be a case of the straw breaking the camels back here.

September 15, 2018, 06:07:18 AM
Reply #38

Old England Toffee

just read that article on the secondary tappery. It reminded me of an article I read on Putin and Trumps blatant lies. It was basically saying its a powergame. Like KFC, You know its not chicken, I know its not chicken, we all know, and we dont care, were more powerful than you, your rules dont apply here. This is the new everton way, fuck FFP, fuck the tapping, fuck sky, fuck the big 6, we gonna do what we want, when we want, and were gonna do as much tapping, fucking and brazilian buying as we want.

September 16, 2018, 05:42:36 AM
Reply #39

MarcusFenix

I don't get what we have done wrong regarding Silva

We approached Watford through the correct channels, asked for permission to speak to him, Watford declined and that was the end of our approach.

We then appointed Allardyce, so where is the 'tapping up'?

Surely Watford cannot be pursuing this based on tabloid articles. They sacked him, he was a free agent, what have Everton done wrong?

If its the downturn in form after our approach, how will they prove that its our approach that has caused Silva to lose focus? And even if he did lose focus that's not our fault, we made our approach correctly and they declined.

Strikes me that Watford are money grabbing and that if we are such a bad club then why sell us Richarlison?
Whats the difference between lust,love and true love? Spits,swallows and gargles

September 16, 2018, 05:44:42 AM
Reply #40

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I don't get what we have done wrong regarding Silva

We approached Watford through the correct channels, asked for permission to speak to him, Watford declined and that was the end of our approach.

We then appointed Allardyce, so where is the 'tapping up'?

Surely Watford cannot be pursuing this based on tabloid articles. They sacked him, he was a free agent, what have Everton done wrong?

If its the downturn in form after our approach, how will they prove that its our approach that has caused Silva to lose focus? And even if he did lose focus that's not our fault, we made our approach correctly and they declined.

Strikes me that Watford are money grabbing and that if we are such a bad club then why sell us Richarlison?
If it was that straightforward then Watford wouldn't be pushing it.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 16, 2018, 03:47:59 PM
Reply #41

MarcusFenix

If it was that straightforward then Watford wouldn't be pushing it.

What have I missed? I just don't see what we have done wrong.

If we behaved so badly then why even negotiate with us over Richarlison?
Whats the difference between lust,love and true love? Spits,swallows and gargles

September 16, 2018, 04:49:41 PM
Reply #42

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
What have I missed? I just don't see what we have done wrong.

If we behaved so badly then why even negotiate with us over Richarlison?

Because we were willing to give them lots of money for him.

September 16, 2018, 05:11:11 PM
Reply #43

BlueForYou

The joke's on them, he's worth double what we paid - and that'll niggle 'em!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 16, 2018, 09:15:34 PM
Reply #44

MarcusFenix

Because we were willing to give them lots of money for him.

Therefore, if they are happy to take money from us for a player, surely its not a massive leap to view Watford as money grabbers ( they are not alone in this ) and to see this impasse over Silva as nothing more than a greedy money grab