December 15, 2018, 04:26:40 AM

Author Topic: [News]The Marco Silva effect  (Read 14132 times)

September 23, 2018, 05:44:58 PM
Reply #60

eyesalwaysblue

Some just aren't good enough however much they unfortunately got spent on um.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 23, 2018, 06:19:15 PM
Reply #61

Bluedylan

Dubious about the veracity of any of this because of the source, and the lack of comment from the trusted sources.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 23, 2018, 06:34:29 PM
Reply #62

Ross

Bit soon for all this sort of shit isnít it?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 23, 2018, 07:15:00 PM
Reply #63

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 23, 2018, 07:19:23 PM
Reply #64

gizzblue

Ahh the same old story from a red top rag .

It's all my arse ..like 90% of the shite they print .
Born not made a blue .

September 23, 2018, 07:37:21 PM
Reply #65

BlueForYou

Bloody red shite
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 24, 2018, 01:10:42 AM
Reply #66

Martip

One thing i did notice was that we did not look anymore exposed than we normally do despite losing a defensive midfielder. If that's the case at least we can have sosomeone in that could look to pass forwards.

I also prefer ganas game when Morgan is not playing.

September 25, 2018, 02:41:39 AM
Reply #67

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Just read the article in question. Biggest pile of shit I've read since the side of the Brexit Bus
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 25, 2018, 04:07:13 AM
Reply #68

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Troy deeney was on five live before and touched on what itís like working with silva.

He said he is a very good coach who always foucuses on getting on the front foot and playing high up the pitch, something we all already know to be fair.

On the defence he said heís very meticulous and puts a lot of work into how he wants his teams to set up defensively but said he mostly works on one on one, two vs two situations and puts the emphasis on the defenders to deal with certain situations.

Had nothing but good words for him and this is from a player who was dropped by Silva.

September 25, 2018, 04:17:14 AM
Reply #69

Gash

Global Moderator
Yeah, he said much the same on Monday Night Football last week, I think he said Silva was the best coach he worked with.

September 25, 2018, 04:57:35 AM
Reply #70

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Troy deeney was on five live before and touched on what itís like working with silva.

He said he is a very good coach who always foucuses on getting on the front foot and playing high up the pitch, something we all already know to be fair.

On the defence he said heís very meticulous and puts a lot of work into how he wants his teams to set up defensively but said he mostly works on one on one, two vs two situations and puts the emphasis on the defenders to deal with certain situations.

Had nothing but good words for him and this is from a player who was dropped by Silva.

People just need to be patient and have realistic expectations for this season. I'm happy to see a steady improvement and a visible attempt at going at the big boys. A cup would be nice. The real improvement will hopefully come next season
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 25, 2018, 04:12:40 PM
Reply #71

Lxxx

Troy deeney was on five live before and touched on what it’s like working with silva.

On the defence he said he’s very meticulous and puts a lot of work into how he wants his teams to set up defensively but said he mostly works on one on one, two vs two situations and puts the emphasis on the defenders to deal with certain situations.

Kind of re-affirms what we already know, that we need a better standard of defender to progress if its not all about safety in numbers at the back like under our last coach.

September 25, 2018, 06:57:22 PM
Reply #72

Hawkandro

Is it too much to ask for people to provide links, or a bit of background to these "according to rumours..." shouts?

It came from Alan Nixon, in The Sun. Was on BBC Gossip the other night. Mentioned they were the same under Koeman and Martinez. Which, if true (very big if), doesn't paint the players in a good light.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 26, 2018, 12:19:59 AM
Reply #73

gizzblue

It came from Alan Nixon, in The Sun. Was on BBC Gossip the other night. Mentioned they were the same under Koeman and Martinez. Which, if true (very big if), doesn't paint the players in a good light.

Rehashing a none story . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

October 03, 2018, 03:55:32 AM
Reply #74

Martip

The Silva effect has really not kicked on as we hoped and there hasn't been much if any improvement from last year.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but things need to improve.