December 12, 2018, 11:35:45 PM

Author Topic: [News]The Marco Silva effect  (Read 14032 times)

October 03, 2018, 04:01:18 AM
Reply #75

Lxxx

Still just three wins all season so far. Youíd have to say thatís disappointing, new manager or not. Another disjointed performance too.

October 03, 2018, 04:04:55 AM
Reply #76

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Imagine if we would have had the fixtures we started with last year?

October 03, 2018, 04:06:21 AM
Reply #77

School of Science

Lot of injuries, New players bedding in and a new way of playing but can't help a feeling of disappointment with the way we have started this season. The need of a focal point, main striker since Lukaku left is the most pressing problem that needs addressing.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 03, 2018, 04:08:17 AM
Reply #78

Bluedylan

Disappointed tonight, but still strongly backing Silva and the direction we're taking.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 03, 2018, 04:11:11 AM
Reply #79

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Massive improvements going forward and the way we approach games.

Way too early in the process to have the slightest of doubts over him imo.

October 03, 2018, 04:23:52 AM
Reply #80

gizzblue

We all know how shite the squad is, recruitment is the way forward ...we are seeing changes and we are better for it, tonight was just a wasp at the picnic ...nothing more.
Born not made a blue .

October 03, 2018, 04:25:24 AM
Reply #81

Martip

We all know how shite the squad is, recruitment is the way forward ...we are seeing changes and we are better for it, tonight was just a wasp at the picnic ...nothing more.
We 've been stung a bit recently

October 03, 2018, 04:31:33 AM
Reply #82

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd be very surprised if we beat Leicester.

Havenít won that type of game away from home for near on three seasons. Genuinely canít remember the last time we did?

October 03, 2018, 04:33:18 AM
Reply #83

bluenuck

I'm not his biggest supporter but there wasn't much wrong with that lineup. Could have maybe started sig for Dowell and Pickford for Stek, but I don't see anything wrong with anything else. There was enough there to win that game.

October 03, 2018, 04:34:13 AM
Reply #84

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's all about the recruitment for me. I think we probably had our best window this past summer for a number of seasons. If we have a couple more positive transfer windows I think we can build an exciting squad for Silva to have a decent chance with. This season has been the definition of stop start. Injuries, suspensions, awful decisions (by players and officials), new players in and out the team, it's not surprising we've verged from looking good for a period to looking like a bunch of strangers.

October 03, 2018, 04:37:08 AM
Reply #85

Lxxx

Lots of talk on here in the summer that even with the same squad as last season, under a different manager, weíd be playing better football and finishing 7th. Iím not seeing huge improvements so far.

Weíre still conceding way too easily and we havenít found a way to take the game to opponents at home. Another defeat on Saturday and heís under pressure. Of course heís not getting sacked but itís not a nice situation to be in when our fans start getting vocal.

October 03, 2018, 04:39:32 AM
Reply #86

Martip

It's all about the recruitment for me. I think we probably had our best window this past summer for a number of seasons. If we have a couple more positive transfer windows I think we can build an exciting squad for Silva to have a decent chance with. This season has been the definition of stop start. Injuries, suspensions, awful decisions (by players and officials), new players in and out the team, it's not surprising we've verged from looking good for a period to looking like a bunch of strangers.
Agree with this but think we now need to kick on. The window was fantastic for lots of reasons but as a team we are more miss than hit and we have been easily out thought and out fought by largely inferior sides on paper.

October 03, 2018, 04:40:36 AM
Reply #87

Martip

Lots of talk on here in the summer that even with the same squad as last season, under a different manager, weíd be playing better football and finishing 7th. Iím not seeing huge improvements so far.

Weíre still conceding way too easily and we havenít found a way to take the game to opponents at home. Another defeat on Saturday and heís under pressure. Of course heís not getting sacked but itís not a nice situation to be in when our fans start getting vocal.
True says

October 03, 2018, 04:43:25 AM
Reply #88

Major Clanger

Still, at least it's not Allardyce.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 03, 2018, 04:45:21 AM
Reply #89

Martip

Still, at least it's not Allardyce.
His fat face was bothering me tbf