December 14, 2018, 02:53:54 AM

Author Topic: [News]The Marco Silva effect  (Read 14055 times)

October 03, 2018, 05:00:04 AM
Reply #90

Mayor Farnum

We all know how shite the squad is, recruitment is the way forward ...we are seeing changes and we are better for it, tonight was just a wasp at the picnic ...nothing more.

The squad is far from shite. He needs to get a solid base to give us a more secure starting point and then expand on things.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:01:13 AM by Mayor Farnum »

October 03, 2018, 05:02:18 AM
Reply #91

indiantoffee1975

Silva needs the summer to bring in more players. It won't matter if it's a bottom half finish this season. Ultimately its when he gets his own players in he'll be judged, and that may take two to three windows.

October 03, 2018, 05:06:12 AM
Reply #92

nsno

Silva needs the summer to bring in more players. It won't matter if it's a bottom half finish this season. Ultimately its when he gets his own players in he'll be judged, and that may take two to three windows.
He can start with a creative cm and a cf with a very good scoring ratio. Tonight if we had of had lukaku it would have been a comfortable win. The desire and passion is there in abundance we just need that sprinkling of quality
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

October 03, 2018, 05:13:31 AM
Reply #93

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Lot of injuries, New players bedding in and a new way of playing but can't help a feeling of disappointment with the way we have started this season. The need of a focal point, main striker since Lukaku left is the most pressing problem that needs addressing.

Obviously Lukaku is a massive miss in that he could score the one chance in a game and bail out an average performance.

But for general play week in week out we’re lacking in CM for someone who can get the ball through the middle of the pitch with any regularity.

That can either be passing or running with the ball.

But if the opposition’s midfield is set, we’ve got nowhere to go at the moment.

October 03, 2018, 05:28:38 AM
Reply #94

School of Science

Obviously Lukaku is a massive miss in that he could score the one chance in a game and bail out an average performance.

But for general play week in week out we’re lacking in CM for someone who can get the ball through the middle of the pitch with any regularity.

That can either be passing or running with the ball.

But if the opposition’s midfield is set, we’ve got nowhere to go at the moment.

Yes fair point hopefully Gomez will supply that once he's fit. But he has to have someone to aim for.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 03, 2018, 05:43:21 AM
Reply #95

bluenuck

Yes fair point hopefully Gomez will supply that once he's fit. But he has to have someone to aim for.

GOMES!!

October 03, 2018, 06:03:31 AM
Reply #96

Tony Clifton

October 03, 2018, 06:08:59 AM
Reply #97

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Going to be a tough old year for Marco i think.

Grit his teeth and get through this one and now see if he can implement his style next year.

That said tho - I’m sure one of the reasons we were in for him was because he had enough experience of setting up his system and style quickly with a low standard of player?

Not sure what it is about his system that leaves us so open but if he could fix that ASAP ideally before Jamie Vardy waltzes down the middle of the pitch at the weekend that would be great.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 03, 2018, 06:12:48 AM
Reply #98

Mayor Farnum

Reacting to going only one goal behind by throwing on attackers seems one of his tactics.

October 03, 2018, 06:14:46 AM
Reply #99

bluenuck

Going to be a tough old year for Marco i think.

Grit his teeth and get through this one and now see if he can implement his style next year.

That said tho - I’m sure one of the reasons we were in for him was because he had enough experience of setting up his system and style quickly with a low standard of player?

Not sure what it is about his system that leaves us so open but if he could fix that ASAP ideally before Jamie Vardy waltzes down the middle of the pitch at the weekend that would be great.

Said it a few weeks ago. Gonna be a long season where we plod along at basically a point a game pace.

Seeing another 49 point season.

October 03, 2018, 08:41:19 AM
Reply #100

kramer0

Gana/Davies is our only functional midfield. Play them together and we're pretty decent. Drop one and we're not. Unfortunately, you need more than one functional midfield pairing to do well in multiple competitions.

I don't blame Silva for resting Gana tonight. We don't look like winning any league games without Gana/Davies in the middle. Break one and you're fucked.

We'll be fine as long we keep those two fit. Maybe we'll even work out a Plan B eventually.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:44:20 AM by kramer0 »

October 03, 2018, 02:11:39 PM
Reply #101

Macca77

One thing I noticed last night is a lot of the crowd have already turned on him, well a lot where I was sitting. A lot of our fans are dickheads, constantly slagging players and the manager off, it's fucking pathetic

October 03, 2018, 03:04:27 PM
Reply #102

gizzblue

The squad is far from shite. He needs to get a solid base to give us a more secure starting point and then expand on things.

Aside a couple it's the same team who couldn't  perform underthe last three managers .
Born not made a blue .

October 03, 2018, 03:19:45 PM
Reply #103

Martip

Surely part of the managers job is to not only buy success but to develop the players that are here  and find a system to get the best out of them ?

October 03, 2018, 03:23:44 PM
Reply #104

gizzblue

Surely part of the managers job is to not only buy success but to develop the players that are here  and find a system to get the best out of them ?

I get this and agree to a certain extent ...but he's still finding out about the players as they are getting minutes ... which is why we saw so many changes last night ...you can't judge who plays well competitively ,on the training ground isn't the same .
Born not made a blue .