December 10, 2018, 06:39:47 PM

Author Topic: [News]The Marco Silva effect  (Read 13965 times)

October 03, 2018, 10:45:23 PM
Reply #135

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think the sooner people reduce their expectations for this season, forget about winning or achieving anything, and write the year off as one mostly for Silva and Brands to implement longer term plans, the happier we will all be.

Surely nobody expected anything like that?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 03, 2018, 10:54:41 PM
Reply #136

KoemansNumberTens

I think the sooner people reduce their expectations for this season, forget about winning or achieving anything, and write the year off as one mostly for Silva and Brands to implement longer term plans, the happier we will all be.

Totally agree but is it too much to expect us to compete with Leicester wolves and West Ham for 7th? If we don't even manage that then he needs to have a flying start to next season

October 03, 2018, 10:57:00 PM
Reply #137

Martip

Totally agree but is it too much to expect us to compete with Leicester wolves and West Ham for 7th? If we don't even manage that then he needs to have a flying start to next season
True says again

October 03, 2018, 11:05:56 PM
Reply #138

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
People sharpening the knives here.

October 03, 2018, 11:16:51 PM
Reply #139

Lxxx

I donít even think you can use Allardyce as a yardstick. He was a caretaker manager in all but name. If weíre comparing Silva to anyone it should be Koeman, the last proper manager we had.

October 03, 2018, 11:25:43 PM
Reply #140

Martip

I donít even think you can use Allardyce as a yardstick. He was a caretaker manager in all but name. If weíre comparing Silva to anyone it should be Koeman, the last proper manager we had.
Difficult to at this stage due to the differences in quality of opposition at the start of their seasons....

October 03, 2018, 11:30:40 PM
Reply #141

KoemansNumberTens

People sharpening the knives here.

I don't think they are. I don't think anyone is suggesting he shouldn't get a lot of time. Just that it's been quite poor so far

October 03, 2018, 11:32:45 PM
Reply #142

Lxxx

Difficult to at this stage due to the differences in quality of opposition at the start of their seasons....

Allardyce had no intention of playing any football in his time here. His mission was to get to the end of the season losing as few games as posssible to take him to his payday.

I prefer to look at his time here as an aberration, a brief stain on the history of the football club.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:34:24 PM by Lxxx »

October 03, 2018, 11:51:02 PM
Reply #143

Martip

Allardyce had no intention of playing any football in his time here. His mission was to get to the end of the season losing as few games as posssible to take him to his payday.

I prefer to look at his time here as an aberration, a brief stain on the history of the football club.
Don't hold back !  lolol

October 03, 2018, 11:56:28 PM
Reply #144

kramer0

As long as he doesn't completely lose the plot, he should get two seasons (and obviously more if he does well).

He's not a total dinosaur like Koeman and Allardyce so there's a limit to how much damage he can do given that amount of time.

October 03, 2018, 11:57:51 PM
Reply #145

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gotta say I'm not a fan of Marco giving the captaincy to Davies. I think it sends out the wrong message in that you can become Everton captain without 1. Having achieved anything 2. Not being very good at anything in particular 3. Displaying anything even remotely like the neccessary skills to captain the team.

Think we crossed that bridge with Phil Neville tbh pal
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 04, 2018, 12:01:31 AM
Reply #146

Martip

Think we crossed that bridge with Phil Neville tbh pal
Fair point ! I spose it could be argued that ratface had done bits with man utd but other than that can't disagree.

October 04, 2018, 05:55:38 PM
Reply #147

indiantoffee1975

Short term pain leading to longer term gains.

I can live with that with Silva getting it right further down the line.

Moyes had the same in 2003/2004. Following season we finished 4th.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:57:45 PM by indiantoffee1975 »

October 04, 2018, 07:52:36 PM
Reply #148

Dr. Sponge

Itís all about the long term plan and the squad already looks younger and better. A poor to average start to the season, but we have gone from looking terrible last season to looking the better team away against Arsenal. Small steps.

October 04, 2018, 07:56:06 PM
Reply #149

KoemansNumberTens

Itís all about the long term plan and the squad already looks younger and better. A poor to average start to the season, but we have gone from looking terrible last season to looking the better team away against Arsenal. Small steps.

Gone from being comfortably better than Huddersfield to being outplayed by an even worse Huddersfield side. Gone from being relatively competent defensively to a Martinez style collapse against Bournemouth

Our results and our performances have been of similar quality this season