December 10, 2018, 07:54:04 PM

Author Topic: [News]The Marco Silva effect  (Read 13968 times)

October 06, 2018, 04:43:28 PM
Reply #210

KoemansNumberTens

Ok 9 games in.

Point is it’s still very early to be really moaning about things.

Are people really moaning. Just saying that 9 games in them 9 games haven't been great. Of course it's too early to form any long term opinions but I'm not sure anyone has.

The thing is we are right in a middle ground right now. We beat Leicester and we'll all write off the cup game say we played well against Arsenal and hammered Fulham. Suddenly we have good form. Lose and we've lost 3 of the last 4 and averaging a point a game. Draw and we have a status quo with where we are now.
There's plenty of questions about our team but also reasons to be hopefully (with a little looking) we desperately need to put 3 or 4 good performances back to back though now. Doesn't have to be anything outlandish just decent in defence and create some chances

October 06, 2018, 05:37:10 PM
Reply #211

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The knives are getting sharper.

October 06, 2018, 05:53:25 PM
Reply #212

BlueForYou

Put the blunt instruments away and reserve judgement until the end of the season

Let Silva get on with managing the club his own way

Alternative: dismiss him and appoint somebody else; repeat; repeat; repeat..........

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 06, 2018, 05:57:59 PM
Reply #213

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Are people really moaning. Just saying that 9 games in them 9 games haven't been great. Of course it's too early to form any long term opinions but I'm not sure anyone has.

The thing is we are right in a middle ground right now. We beat Leicester and we'll all write off the cup game say we played well against Arsenal and hammered Fulham. Suddenly we have good form. Lose and we've lost 3 of the last 4 and averaging a point a game. Draw and we have a status quo with where we are now.
There's plenty of questions about our team but also reasons to be hopefully (with a little looking) we desperately need to put 3 or 4 good performances back to back though now. Doesn't have to be anything outlandish just decent in defence and create some chances

Well people keep mentioning, when discussing current form, finishing outside the top 10 or whatever.

The end of the season is irrelevant right now if people are just discussing these first two handfuls of games.

The same if there is more focus on the bits that haven’t gone right than those that have.

October 06, 2018, 06:21:28 PM
Reply #214

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Over the last four seasons we’ve finished;

11th
11th
7th
8th

Even when we finished 7th and 8th we were a lot closer to the teams below us than the teams above us.

At the moment we’re a team that can finish anywhere between 12th to 7th and this run of results is what we’ve had for the last four years.

Wins at home, draws away, the odd fuck up at home. It’s a pattern of results we’ve had for a while and will continue to have whilst the manager figures out what he wants to do with the squad of players.

Does feel like some of you are on the edge of your seat waiting to call for his head already. No doubt that will come today if we lose, when in actual fact it’s part of the norm for us these days and the signs of progression shouldn’t be ignored.

October 06, 2018, 06:22:38 PM
Reply #215

BlueNoseMike

At least let the guy get all his signings up to speed, or even on the pitch for fuck sake. Rebuilding required of the squad, starting 11.

October 06, 2018, 06:29:25 PM
Reply #216

eyesalwaysblue

Some really good things been done already, a couple of signings to come in that could really lift performance, nothing wrong in discussing the bad bits either, i'm sure the staff are ahead of the next window.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 06, 2018, 06:39:58 PM
Reply #217

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Some really good things been done already, a couple of signings to come in that could really lift performance, nothing wrong in discussing the bad bits either, i'm sure the staff are ahead of the next window.

Yes, good bits, bad bits.

Focusing on either whilst ignoring the other is needless.

October 06, 2018, 06:58:06 PM
Reply #218

Martip

I think you wanted Allardyce to stay. Just take ownership of your opinion, rather than repeatedly saying he should've stayed, but then saying you didn't want him to (very unconvincingly).
What a stupid thing to say and you should know by now I certainly don't have a problem stating my opinion.

If your rationale is that I have questioned whether we have shown sufficient signs if improvement since Marcos arrival then that's very basic thinking.

As I have stated Sam did a good job in stabilising a sinking sink (a fact you seem to have a real problem ackowledging), but I was more than glad to see the back of him as his face was bothering me. That said, I can understand why other supporters and some pundits thought our treatment of him was harsh.

October 06, 2018, 06:58:59 PM
Reply #219

Martip

October 06, 2018, 07:03:25 PM
Reply #220

Jamokachi

October 06, 2018, 07:05:03 PM
Reply #221

Martip

October 06, 2018, 07:17:47 PM
Reply #222

Jamokachi

Your response was pathetic.

As is suggesting Allardyce deserved longer as manager.

October 06, 2018, 07:29:50 PM
Reply #223

eyesalwaysblue

As is suggesting Allardyce deserved longer as manager.
As is all the idiotic blame he got for everything wrong at the club, it got pretty crazy.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 06, 2018, 07:34:27 PM
Reply #224

Jamokachi

No it didn't, the man should have been nowhere near the place. And when he was at the helm, irrespective of deserving to be there or not he should have shown far more respect to the club and us fans. An odious individual.

Anyway, he's in the past. I'm not wasting anymore time on him. He's a stain that'll come out in the wash after a few cycles.