December 17, 2018, 08:16:47 AM

Author Topic: [News]The Marco Silva effect  (Read 14186 times)

October 06, 2018, 07:59:43 PM
Reply #225

smellybum

Bloody hell.
He has only had a few games. We were a total mess of a club. That does not change overnight.
Add in the fact our summer signings are either not fit for whatever reason and our new star player got himself sent off and missed several of those games. Then add in Keane knocking himself out when he was playing well. Is it any wonder we have started a little slow?
Give the guy a break and stop bedwetting. See where we are when Gomes, Mina, Coleman, and Bernard are up and running properly. We will be fine.
We are not going to be doing anything special this season. I see it as a season where we clear the deadwood. Sort the club out and let the guys lads settle in. Next season is where we should be pushing on. Let this season ride out. You never know. We might get on a decent run when he gets HIS players into the team.

October 06, 2018, 08:20:51 PM
Reply #226

KoemansNumberTens

Well people keep mentioning, when discussing current form, finishing outside the top 10 or whatever.

The end of the season is irrelevant right now if people are just discussing these first two handfuls of games.

The same if there is more focus on the bits that havenít gone right than those that have.

We aren't meant to talk about expectations?? Not even totally realistic 1s. Do we pretend we don't have any. Do we not have any

October 06, 2018, 08:24:10 PM
Reply #227

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We aren't meant to talk about expectations?? Not even totally realistic 1s. Do we pretend we don't have any. Do we not have any

Oh hello, youíve suddenly got expectations now?

Strange that.

October 06, 2018, 08:25:22 PM
Reply #228

KoemansNumberTens

No it didn't, the man should have been nowhere near the place. And when he was at the helm, irrespective of deserving to be there or not he should have shown far more respect to the club and us fans. An odious individual.

Anyway, he's in the past. I'm not wasting anymore time on him. He's a stain that'll come out in the wash after a few cycles.

Find it extremely odd that people would demand respect when they showed none. Allardyce was right down in the gutter with his behaviour towards us fans but we were there with him and we certainly started it

He had to go because the football was shite, the fans hated him and he couldn't rise above it. Results were pretty good though at least in relation to what we now apparently expect

October 06, 2018, 08:27:07 PM
Reply #229

KoemansNumberTens

Oh hello, youíve suddenly got expectations now?

Strange that.

What's that mean? When didn't I. Surely it's more odd that people telling us a monkey could manage us to 7th are now telling us we shouldn't expect top 10 from a new manager despite more investment

October 06, 2018, 09:02:32 PM
Reply #230

eyesalwaysblue

No it didn't, the man should have been nowhere near the place. And when he was at the helm, irrespective of deserving to be there or not he should have shown far more respect to the club and us fans. An odious individual.

Anyway, he's in the past. I'm not wasting anymore time on him. He's a stain that'll come out in the wash after a few cycles.
He wouldn't have been anywhere  near us if it wasn't for us employing the Dick head Koeman, but he came and rescued us so you must love him a bit surely, go on you know you do..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 06, 2018, 10:50:06 PM
Reply #231

gizzblue

I couldn't give a fuck what the deluded doubters on here say now about Marco . .. our attacking is now ten fold.or more than anything we were served up last year ...and it's fucking obvious he is now pressing his style on our still poor squad to great effect.

Well played lads ...even before full time.

Born not made a blue .

October 06, 2018, 10:51:06 PM
Reply #232

Lxxx

Donít really see whatís wrong with critically analysing the journey weíre on. Itís a fans forum, there will be ups and downs along the way with a new manager. Itís not negative to discuss the dips as well as the decent parts of our game.

October 06, 2018, 11:18:31 PM
Reply #233

Jamokachi

Donít really see whatís wrong with critically analysing the journey weíre on. Itís a fans forum, there will be ups and downs along the way with a new manager. Itís not negative to discuss the dips as well as the decent parts of our game.

But what some are saying is "yes I agree we shouldn't make hasty calls on how things are progressing, but we're poor" , which is an oxymoron at best, and at worst just fucking dumb.

October 06, 2018, 11:20:07 PM
Reply #234

KoemansNumberTens

But what some are saying is "yes I agree we shouldn't make hasty calls on how things are progressing, but we're poor" , which is an oxymoron at best, and at worst just fucking dumb.

Poor so far. Not making any predictions. Played well today. Lots of good attacking play. Am I allowed to say it or is it too hasty a call

October 06, 2018, 11:22:01 PM
Reply #235

Jamokachi

Find it extremely odd that people would demand respect when they showed none.

You might not like it, but that's what he had to do. He created the preconceptions around himself by being an arrogant cunt. He had two decisions, live up to the reputation or try and win over the fans. He chose the latter, as he always does. Because he's an arrogant cunt.

October 06, 2018, 11:25:34 PM
Reply #236

Jamokachi

Poor so far. Not making any predictions. Played well today. Lots of good attacking play. Am I allowed to say it or is it too hasty a call

You can say whatever the fuck you want, I'm not your ma. We all know by now that whatever you say will contain some misery and negativity, so go nuts.

October 06, 2018, 11:29:32 PM
Reply #237

bluenuck

I'm intrigued. And I'm slowly gaining confidence. Slowly. But I refuse to jump all in yet.

I still believe we shouldn't expect much from this season though when it comes to where we finish. I think we're going to be a bit jekyll and hyde. 2 wins then 2 losses and so on.

But the more games like the last 2 and Arsenal away will make me start to believe.

October 06, 2018, 11:31:15 PM
Reply #238

KoemansNumberTens

You can say whatever the fuck you want, I'm not your ma. We all know by now that whatever you say will contain some misery and negativity, so go nuts.

Never know who's who on the internet. I suspected you weren't sue but could never be sure

October 06, 2018, 11:33:50 PM
Reply #239

Toddacelli

Bloody hell.
He has only had a few games. We were a total mess of a club. That does not change overnight.
Add in the fact our summer signings are either not fit for whatever reason and our new star player got himself sent off and missed several of those games. Then add in Keane knocking himself out when he was playing well. Is it any wonder we have started a little slow?
Give the guy a break and stop bedwetting. See where we are when Gomes, Mina, Coleman, and Bernard are up and running properly. We will be fine.
We are not going to be doing anything special this season. I see it as a season where we clear the deadwood. Sort the club out and let the guys lads settle in. Next season is where we should be pushing on. Let this season ride out. You never know. We might get on a decent run when he gets HIS players into the team.

This season is our first fuck out of prison. It's a bit rushed, we're not 100% sure we remember where everything goes and there's a lot of gunk to clear out the pipe.

Next summer will be our cuddling, connecting and consolidation period and next season's fuck will be far smoother, way more confident and much, much, much more satisfying.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates