September 19, 2018, 07:55:15 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 300912 times)

September 12, 2018, 06:55:30 PM
Reply #3990

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder if by funding, he means the deal with the council?

Anderson came out and said the club are looking elsewhere now.
Doesn't mean we wont return to the council, but it seems it is no longer our 'plan a'

September 12, 2018, 07:51:47 PM
Reply #3991

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anderson came out and said the club are looking elsewhere now.
Doesn't mean we wont return to the council, but it seems it is no longer our 'plan a'

So what funding is going ahead as per bills comments?

Is it ring fenced or should I watch this space re: funding
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 12, 2018, 07:56:08 PM
Reply #3992

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Bit of both to be honest @brap2 .

First and foremost, the £280m loan from central government via local government was only ever going to cover 50% (at best) of the cost. So we were already out and about looking for the rest.

You can read Andersons comments one of two ways:

1) Everton are negotiating hard ball with the council and are using this to gain lenciency/free-passes somewhere else in the relationship. (e.g. planning permissions).
2) Whilst looking elsewhere for the rest of the funding, we have found out it is a more attractive proposition tan first thought and we can do it at a reasonable cost without the council and the associated delays all the nobheads will make the council endure.

First option definitely has the air of "ring-fenced money".
The second option would go someway to explain why we are a few months behind where I would expect though.

September 12, 2018, 08:00:18 PM
Reply #3993

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bit of both to be honest @brap2 .

First and foremost, the £280m loan from central government via local government was only ever going to cover 50% (at best) of the cost. So we were already out and about looking for the rest.

You can read Andersons comments one of two ways:

1) Everton are negotiating hard ball with the council and are using this to gain lenciency/free-passes somewhere else in the relationship. (e.g. planning permissions).
2) Whilst looking elsewhere for the rest of the funding, we have found out it is a more attractive proposition tan first thought and we can do it at a reasonable cost without the council and the associated delays all the nobheads will make the council endure.

First option definitely has the air of "ring-fenced money".
The second option would go someway to explain why we are a few months behind where I would expect though.

There’s something about him just throwing out ‘the funding is going ahead’ that I don’t like.

Should he be saying that? Unless I’ve misinderstood we are very much in the ‘we’re not sure which way we’re going yet’ area re:funding.

Is it going ahead bill? which one, what are the details?

Smells of kenwright playing to the audience and spouting shite imo. Ala ringfence / watch this space.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 12, 2018, 08:01:34 PM
Reply #3994

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, i have no doubt we are in the final stages of sorting out the funding.
I am also in no doubt that any serious business man wouldn't be telling the national media that.