December 14, 2018, 03:59:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]Stadium funding going ahead  (Read 4157 times)

September 14, 2018, 12:30:28 AM
Read 4157 times

Everton News

Stadium funding going ahead

Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright says he is happy with the progress the club are making with the new stadium at Bramley Moore Docks, and said that the funding was "going ahead."

Source: Stadium funding going ahead

September 14, 2018, 01:42:08 AM
Reply #1

eugene

September 14, 2018, 01:46:58 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The latest news is - that there will soon be some news
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 14, 2018, 01:48:03 AM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Hearing from kenwright on a new stadium isnít the most reassuring.

September 14, 2018, 06:03:38 AM
Reply #4

Thornton_19

They are absolutley terrified of talking about it arent they. I can understand it after Kings Dock and Kirby, but them being so tetchy about it makes the fans worry.
They need to be more open, maybe give a few pictures to calm everyone down.

September 14, 2018, 10:34:16 AM
Reply #5

blue1948

I am not a sceptic  and up until today I was sure , the wording in that release seems to be have more doubt and hesitation than should be the case at this stage .They still haven't seemingly decided much more than they want a new stadium .The design is still in process the capacity is not settled and the list goes on .I do understand the complexity but nevertheless we are a way off seeing any concrete design -pun intended.The main thing that now worries me is that we are going to get a "world class stadium" for half the cost of Spurs stadium  ,despite the problems of the dock and what that means financially. Lack of a certain funding is not the problem for me but it seems harder to attract the money when there is no design in place especially if there is also no planning permission yet ,it is all a bit of a pipe dream.

September 14, 2018, 01:43:24 PM
Reply #6

Jamokachi

They are absolutley terrified of talking about it arent they. I can understand it after Kings Dock and Kirby, but them being so tetchy about it makes the fans worry.
They need to be more open, maybe give a few pictures to calm everyone down.

No they're not, everyone is just so damned impatient because of the culture of society with 24 hour sports news dedication, twitter, daily podcasts and so forth. People just need to chill and accept that it's a lengthy, complicated process.

September 14, 2018, 01:46:26 PM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

I am not a sceptic  and up until today I was sure , the wording in that release seems to be have more doubt and hesitation than should be the case at this stage .They still haven't seemingly decided much more than they want a new stadium .The design is still in process the capacity is not settled and the list goes on .I do understand the complexity but nevertheless we are a way off seeing any concrete design -pun intended.The main thing that now worries me is that we are going to get a "world class stadium" for half the cost of Spurs stadium  ,despite the problems of the dock and what that means financially. Lack of a certain funding is not the problem for me but it seems harder to attract the money when there is no design in place especially if there is also no planning permission yet ,it is all a bit of a pipe dream.

How do you propose securing funding post planning permission? And do you really think Everton are approaching investors with as little information as is in the public eye? Of course not!

September 14, 2018, 03:03:49 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No they're not, everyone is just so damned impatient because of the culture of society with 24 hour sports news dedication, twitter, daily podcasts and so forth. People just need to chill and accept that it's a lengthy, complicated process.

I really donít think thatís whatís causing the anxiety here.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 14, 2018, 03:17:04 PM
Reply #9

fubarruk

I think we need to stop drawing comparisons to Spurs new stadium. They've bought, demolished and built in the centre of London with all the trappings that come with it, yes there's a lot of work to be done with ours, but not on the same level of investment.

If Palace wanted to add a new stand on one side of Selhurst Park it would run into the hundreds of millions, the comparisons aren't valid.

September 14, 2018, 03:26:25 PM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldíve liked to think when this was announced, nearly two years down the line we wouldíve had the funding secured.

Talk of being in there by 2021 is clearly nonsense now.

Understand itís a very complex process but it is frustrating that we seem so behind where we want to be.

September 14, 2018, 03:49:55 PM
Reply #11

Alanvideo

Without a firm figure for capacity there can't be a fully detailed planning application but hopefully the club have made a decision .Meis seemed to say at St.Lukes that the higher figures mentioned were unrealistic because of site constraints and cost so i reckon it will be 50 to 55k.
More worrying is the lack of news on the finance although ,as others have rightly said ,such sensitive information  is hardly likely to be made public. However, in the recent booklet 'Looking Forward ' put out by the club it said there would be news in the 3rd quarter of this year and we are nearly at the end of that.
From being confident BM will happen I'm becoming sceptical.
Dan Meis hasn't said anything for months and even Joe Andersen has gone quiet. When Bill Kenwright said the funding was going ahead ,he really should have said the search for funding is going ahead.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:08:23 PM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 14, 2018, 04:32:50 PM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Without a firm figure for capacity there can't be a fully detailed planning application but hopefully the club have made a decision .Meis seemed to say at St.Lukes that the higher figures mentioned were unrealistic because of site constraints and cost so i reckon it will be 50 to 55k.
More worrying is the lack of news on the finance although ,as others have rightly said ,such sensitive information  is hardly likely to be made public. However, in the recent booklet 'Looking Forward ' put out by the club it said there would be news in the 3rd quarter of this year and we are nearly at the end of that.
From being confident BM will happen I'm becoming sceptical.
Dan Meis hasn't said anything for months and even Joe Andersen has gone quiet. When Bill Kenwright said the funding was going ahead ,he really should have said the search for funding is going ahead.

I think youíve just had the third quater News.

September 14, 2018, 04:39:06 PM
Reply #13

Toddacelli

I would guess that there is a pretty big obstacle lurking in here somewhere. Maybe heritage status, maybe planning permission, maybe funding investment - who knows?

What I do fully expect to see is once that blocker is removed/negotiated/fixed, that everything else falls into place very quickly and we suddenly get a surge in progress on this project and everyone will be bouncing - because they won;t be sitting on their arses waiting for one part to sorted - they'll be working on other aspects in the background until that can be cleared.

This is not putting up a tent in your back garden for a sleepover. Have faith.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 14, 2018, 04:42:22 PM
Reply #14

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I would’ve liked to think when this was announced, nearly two years down the line we would’ve had the funding secured.

Talk of being in there by 2021 is clearly nonsense now.

Understand it’s a very complex process but it is frustrating that we seem so behind where we want to be.

Think its more frustrating because of the history we have with these things
Simply simply lovely