September 19, 2018, 09:12:10 AM

Author Topic: [News]Stadium funding going ahead  (Read 2770 times)

September 14, 2018, 05:34:09 PM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Big Joe said 2021 the other day apprantley.

September 14, 2018, 11:36:25 PM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Big Joe said 2021 the other day apprantley.

Thought we were meant to be playing there in 2022...

I thought that felt early considering the area is currently submerged in a 100 year old dock on a world heritage site with no transport links but errr yeah, a year earlier why not!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 14, 2018, 11:53:32 PM
Reply #32

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely no chance of 2021.  Even 2022 is borderline given we've not even got anything close to planning applied for yet.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

September 15, 2018, 12:47:40 AM
Reply #33

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I think the ditherig and the struggles to secure funding has been an issue because of the shareholders and their 'voice" in this. It's why Moshiri has bought more shares.This project needs a figurehead ad an owner who calls the shots with advice and not group decision making as has been happening.

I agree it's a complex process but bigger deals than these take less time to sort through and secure funding for.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 15, 2018, 01:16:38 AM
Reply #34

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely no chance of 2021.  Even 2022 is borderline given we've not even got anything close to planning applied for yet.
The actual planning application is mostly rubber stamping what has been agreed informally after (in cases as big as this) hundreds of hours and months and months of meetings.
The complexity of a project like this is mind boggling. It's not like adding a conservatory on the back of a house and that can be complicated!!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 15, 2018, 11:08:47 AM
Reply #35

blue1948

How do you propose securing funding post planning permission? And do you really think Everton are approaching investors with as little information as is in the public eye? Of course not!
You haven't understood my post .It is about the statement from Kenwright saying that the funding is proving hard to put in place and the words he used .I am fully aware that they will be privvy to more than us but if the Everton board aren't sure of the capacity or in fact the design (because it is still out for discussion) then that is the point -that to secure funding with only a line drawing is not the best way.
On another reply yes I understand that Spurs have a different project to us but the "world class stadium" being built three years later on a difficult site will certainly not come cheap , i know about London loadings and all that entails but still I think 500 million is not where we will end up. I am also sure Mr Moshiri does too .

September 15, 2018, 04:31:56 PM
Reply #36

74Blue

Tottenham's new stadium project had the added complexity of being right next to their old stadium and the requirement to relocate during the latter stages of development. We are building ours a couple of miles away from Goodison, so in the event of any sort of delay, we will still have a venue to play at whilst works are ongoing.
Brexit has to be a consideration though, as nobody can accurately predict what is going to happen to the economy once we finally leave the EU and just how badly that is going to affect the £. If the value of the £ drops significantly, as is quite likely, the cost of importing materials required spirals accordingly, making the cost of building even higher.

September 15, 2018, 06:00:57 PM
Reply #37

blue1948

Tottenham's new stadium project had the added complexity of being right next to their old stadium and the requirement to relocate during the latter stages of development. We are building ours a couple of miles away from Goodison, so in the event of any sort of delay, we will still have a venue to play at whilst works are ongoing.
Brexit has to be a consideration though, as nobody can accurately predict what is going to happen to the economy once we finally leave the EU and just how badly that is going to affect the £. If the value of the £ drops significantly, as is quite likely, the cost of importing materials required spirals accordingly, making the cost of building even higher.

I understand your points although the fact it is next to is of no real significance .The point is they are starring down the barrel of 1BILLION pounds not half of that ! We have the dock to contend with heritage concerns that WILL cost money and we are going to get a "world class" stadium for half the cost ,no no no  señor.

September 15, 2018, 06:05:48 PM
Reply #38

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I understand your points although the fact it is next to is of no real significance .The point is they are starring down the barrel of 1BILLION pounds not half of that ! We have the dock to contend with heritage concerns that WILL cost money and we are going to get a "world class" stadium for half the cost ,no no no  señor.

What’s the definition of “world class” then ?

September 15, 2018, 06:16:06 PM
Reply #39

74Blue

Liverpool's waterfront is iconic and instantly recognisable worldwide. Having our new stadium as part of that iconic scene could make it a world famous landmark even before we start playing there. If the design is right, it could be termed as world class before we even move in there, just by virtue of the design blending perfectly with the existing iconic surroundings.

September 15, 2018, 06:20:20 PM
Reply #40

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Liverpool's waterfront is iconic and instantly recognisable worldwide. Having our new stadium as part of that iconic scene could make it a world famous landmark even before we start playing there. If the design is right, it could be termed as world class before we even move in there, just by virtue of the design blending perfectly with the existing iconic surroundings.

What are these “iconic surroundings” of Bramley Moore you speak of ?

September 15, 2018, 06:28:45 PM
Reply #41

74Blue

I'm talking about the three graces, which are little more than a stones throw away, plus the plans that have been in place for a long, long time for Peel holdings to develop all of the area surrounding our new home, which will no doubt be kickstarted and pushed on with a £500m+ development taking place slap bang in the middle of their land. Did you see the plans that Peel have for Liverpool Waters. If they get that project off the ground, which is a lot more likely with an existing huge development already in place, the whole area will be transformed and will only enhance the already iconic view of the three graces with a fantastic backdrop that Everton Football Club will be part of.

September 15, 2018, 07:44:57 PM
Reply #42

Alanvideo

What are these “iconic surroundings” of Bramley Moore you speak of ?
..............as well as those mentioned by @74Blue  ,even closer to B-M dock are such iconic structures as the Victoria Tower (dockers clock ),Titanic Hotel ,the bascule bridge ,the dock walls themselves etc.etc.  All these structures will be restored and the whole area will attract tourists by the thousand irrespective of the footie.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:56:03 PM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 15, 2018, 07:54:02 PM
Reply #43

phillyt

With everything going on in the past week or so with a sudden glut of articles in the press about the stadium. This Coupled with moshiri buying extra shares (not to mention Usmanov jibbing arsenal) I was starting to think that maybe we were building up to a significant announcement. Then this morning I discover (seen on Twitter) the lesser spotted meiss is in the uk and going the match tomorrow.

Does anyone else feel our hunger for Bramley Moore information is going to be satisfied quite soon?
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 16, 2018, 01:04:46 AM
Reply #44

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I don’t get this world renowned Liverpool dock thing. I love Everton but have never seen a pic or heard of the dock until this stadium plan.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...