November 17, 2018, 08:31:58 AM

Author Topic: [News]Stadium funding going ahead  (Read 3942 times)

September 16, 2018, 05:44:28 PM
Reply #90

74Blue

I'm looking forward to the tourists getting off the cruise ships and hopping onto that big red bus expecting for it to take them to that fantastic new stadium that they have just gone past on the ship, then ending up at Mordor and complaining that they really wanted to go to the big fuck off stadium on the dock that looked so fantastic from the Mersey.

September 16, 2018, 05:51:18 PM
Reply #91

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think maybe that's a little harsh on @Confucius . I know on this site we've got people from all over the world, but we're here because we're Evertonians, so we're likely to know a little bit more about Liverpool as a city.
From my wife's family in Sweden they only know Liverpool for Liverpool FC and the Beatles, and Id say that's pretty typical of most of Europe tbh.

Agree with that but a lot of people still come to Liverpool and visit the docks. 5th most visited city in Britain and the docks are a massive part of that.

I go there on my lunch and itís full of tourists from all over the world.

Hopefully we can take advantage of that having a stadium part of that.

September 16, 2018, 05:54:54 PM
Reply #92

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with that but a lot of people still come to Liverpool and visit the docks. 5th most visited city in Britain and the docks are a massive part of that.

I go there on my lunch and itís full of tourists from all over the world.

Hopefully we can take advantage of that having a stadium part of that.

Completely agree that once people are here they visit the Docks, it's beautiful down there. I just don't think many people outside the UK associate the Docks with Liverpool.

Besides all that, I'm made up with the location of the new stadium.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"