November 21, 2018, 09:53:05 AM

Author Topic: Our support  (Read 5396 times)

September 18, 2018, 01:30:55 AM
Reply #15

BlueForYou

Have to lift the manager, make him welcome and show him support -

"There's only one Marco Silva, one Marco Silva"

And players respond -

"Jordan, number one, Jordan Pickford number one"

Try it...................
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 18, 2018, 01:46:03 AM
Reply #16

Dr. Sponge

It's still an entertainment sport really at the end of the day. People spend a large proportion of their salary following Everton and it's a thankless task sometimes when the day out and a bevvy with the lads is the highlight rather than the game itself.

The best times I had were under Walter Smith bizarrely. Maybe it's coz I was a young lad and liked a bevvy too much at that time but the Kevin Campbell end to the season was the best I can remember under us for atmosphere. Maybe it was because that was a different era and it wasn't the instant gratification one we're in today but it was a great few months.

Nail on the head with that last sentence.

September 18, 2018, 01:49:50 AM
Reply #17

Thornton_19

If you are a 50 year old man going the match to shout abuse and boo a 20 year old lad on the pitch you need to re-evaluate your life.

We far too easily at this club turn on players and label them shit after a drop in form. I see now Tosun is the one who needs binning off because sky said so. At least Tom Davies got a break this week.

September 18, 2018, 01:54:29 AM
Reply #18

Evertonian in NC

I feel really bad if young players - who actually had the guts to come acknowledge supporters after a FULL TEAM stinker like that - got booed in response.  That's awful.

Not to say that some crowd dissatification isn't clearly warranted, but that's way over the line.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 18, 2018, 02:01:05 AM
Reply #19

Martip

If you are a 50 year old man going the match to shout abuse and boo a 20 year old lad on the pitch you need to re-evaluate your life.

We far too easily at this club turn on players and label them shit after a drop in form. I see now Tosun is the one who needs binning off because sky said so. At least Tom Davies got a break this week.
I think this is far too harsh on the supporters tbh. At the end of the day they pay their money and voice their opinions as they wish and some people make sacrifices both financially and family wise to support the club they love.

We need to remember that football is a results business where the pressure is high and the pay reflective of this. There were players out there on Sunday earning approx 80-100k a week so they have to expect some pressure if they are not doing their jobs for crying out loud.

September 18, 2018, 02:06:58 AM
Reply #20

Mayor Farnum

I think a lot of booing is down to frustration. Instant gratification has been mentioned above but I think it's more a case of an ever more transparent world.
We know how much every club spends, we know how much players get paid at the very top clubs and we realise we are at a real disadvantage before the season starts. We know that barring a financial or managerial miracle we haven't got a realistic chance of competing on a consistent basis. 

September 18, 2018, 02:15:00 AM
Reply #21

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Sometimes the team make it very easy for the fans to get on their backs though, it's not hard to get the crowd going at goodison, pressing, winning the ball back and hard work usually gets a response, weve started games far too slowly (that's not a new thing)

Thought we started well against West Ham. Was a decent 10 minutes, then they scored and our heads fell off.

September 18, 2018, 02:36:46 AM
Reply #22

Dr. Sponge

Thought we started well against West Ham. Was a decent 10 minutes, then they scored and our heads fell off.

Yeah thatís true, we were on top until Zouma made a mistake. This has been the theme for most of our games so far.

Jagielka vs Wolves
Richarlison vs Bournemouth
Players deserting their zones vs Huddersfield

Concentration standards need to be raised at the club.

September 18, 2018, 02:39:36 AM
Reply #23

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not a booing person - it serves very little purpose in my opinion. But fans should be able to if they so wish without being given too much grief on it. They pay their money after all
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 18, 2018, 02:53:20 AM
Reply #24

Lxxx

If youíre a grown man getting thrown off your stride because youíre getting a bit of stick coz youíre not putting in the effort which is expected of you then maybe top flight football isnít for you.

Granted itís different if itís directed at an 18 year old lad but then again at the top level of professional sport you need mental toughness to succeed and itís part of the game as a footballer today.

September 18, 2018, 03:35:54 AM
Reply #25

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
If youíre a grown man getting thrown off your stride because youíre getting a bit of stick coz youíre not putting in the effort which is expected of you then maybe top flight football isnít for you.

Granted itís different if itís directed at an 18 year old lad but then again at the top level of professional sport you need mental toughness to succeed and itís part of the game as a footballer today.

Yes, you need mental toughness to be a professional sportsman but your comment is a bit ignorant. We have no idea what issues a person is going through that can impact in them mentally- to then be underperforming in front of thousands who then turn on you can be the straw that breaks the camel's back - regardless of age. They are still human beings with the same insecurities and hang ups that everyone else has
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 18, 2018, 03:55:53 AM
Reply #26

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah thatís true, we were on top until Zouma made a mistake. This has been the theme for most of our games so far.

Jagielka vs Wolves
Richarlison vs Bournemouth
Players deserting their zones vs Huddersfield

Concentration standards need to be raised at the club.

Think it was more Pickford mistake for the second though.

September 18, 2018, 03:56:40 AM
Reply #27

Martip

Yes, you need mental toughness to be a professional sportsman but your comment is a bit ignorant. We have no idea what issues a person is going through that can impact in them mentally- to then be underperforming in front of thousands who then turn on you can be the straw that breaks the camel's back - regardless of age. They are still human beings with the same insecurities and hang ups that everyone else has
I think that's cutting a bit too much slack tbh. With the wage and status comes pressure and they can't just accept the plaudits when things are going well.

September 18, 2018, 04:01:49 AM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The wage has absolutely nothing to do with it.

September 18, 2018, 04:09:56 AM
Reply #29

Gash

Global Moderator
Never understand when wages are thrown out as a reason for players 'manning up', it's like the more you earn the thicker skinned you should be, "ignorance is bliss" as they say.