November 13, 2018, 10:22:49 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 10892 times)

September 24, 2018, 12:00:01 AM
Reply #495

Dr. Sponge

If you think Davies had a poor game there then I can only think you're expecting him to be something he's not.

Sometimes football is all about opinions. And sometimes people just say stupid shit.

September 24, 2018, 12:00:06 AM
Reply #496

Lxxx

Need a quality striker who can finish and a dominant midfielder. That's the next phase.

It does seem a bit 'whack-a-mole' doesn't it. We sort out one area of the team and then another pops us as being urgently in need of sorting. Shocking squad management from the minute Moyes decided he was going. 

September 24, 2018, 12:00:08 AM
Reply #497

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I liked Davies' performance.

September 24, 2018, 12:00:45 AM
Reply #498

duncandisorderly

Davies had a good game and it's no coincidence we play better when he plays. The lad is always looking to play it forward instead of sideways and backwards. He's not perfect but he should be playing every week with the squad as it is.

September 24, 2018, 12:01:03 AM
Reply #499

indiantoffee1975

Silva is here even if we finish 17th this season. He needs to get his own team together and be given a chance. Another rebuilding programme next summer, with a few of these players shipped out.

September 24, 2018, 12:01:26 AM
Reply #500

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The way we respond to conceding goals is very poor.

Bournemouth, West Ham and now this where weíve completely flapped.

Playing well in all those games then stopped doing the things we were good at and lost the plot.

September 24, 2018, 12:02:08 AM
Reply #501

fubarruk

Need to win next time out or we're going to be in the shit. 1 win in opening 6 is simply not good enough. We couldn't have wished for a better opening run of fixtures and we've fucked it up.

Tough games will be round the corner soon and we need some points on the board.

September 24, 2018, 12:02:11 AM
Reply #502

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It does seem a bit 'whack-a-mole' doesn't it. We sort out one area of the team and then another pops us as being urgently in need of sorting. Shocking squad management from the minute Moyes decided he was going. 

We knew everything wouldn't be fixed in the summer, so we have done extremely well with the acquisitions we have got, despite most of them not really having much impact yet apart from Richarlison and Digne.

No clue what's going on with Mina. But Bernard needs to start next game for sure.

But next up is certainly a dominant midfielder and a quality striker.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

September 24, 2018, 12:02:36 AM
Reply #503

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Very good use of the ball, took up good positions on and off the ball and drove us up the pitch.

I thought he was good today and itís no coincidence that Gana played a lot better and the midfield as a whole functioned a lot better with Davies in there.

I disagree. Sorry. I thought he was poor.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

September 24, 2018, 12:02:38 AM
Reply #504

Macca77

Decisions went against us for the 23rd time this season, we were still in the game at 1-0, that said the performance was better

September 24, 2018, 12:02:54 AM
Reply #505

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iím very intrigued at the prospect of going on holiday to Rwanda.

September 24, 2018, 12:03:06 AM
Reply #506

toffeeman88

I am walking out of the ground having watched another inept toffee performance against a Shite Arsenal side big Shams side in evidence without the defensive stability we were promised attacking style but we look as inept as last season

September 24, 2018, 12:03:11 AM
Reply #507

Dr. Sponge

I agree. He's the only player we have looking like scoring. I've never rated DCL that much, so unless he improves a lot, I really don't see much of a future for him. Especially if we manage to buy a quality striker before next season.

Yeah DCL doesnít look ready, and canít afford to allow him to make mistakes and develop in our first team. I think a loan is best.

September 24, 2018, 12:04:23 AM
Reply #508

Macca77

Davies did well, not easy captaining this team, especially away at one of the big 6

September 24, 2018, 12:04:27 AM
Reply #509

Waltzer

Performance was okay, but the difference is their strike force. We still have one of the worst set of strikers I'm the league,  DCL not good enough,  Tosun not good enough,  if we had Lukaku still I think we win this comfortably