November 21, 2018, 07:29:55 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 11191 times)

September 24, 2018, 02:47:08 AM
Reply #585

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Possibly so mate. But maybe from afar for a while. I wish I wasn't so affected but when their first went it today, I'm walking around like a madman screaming and shouting obscenities, and actually scaring the Mrs a bit.

I wish I could handle it a bit more maturely, but I can't. It turns me into an aggressive arsehole and it's not fair on people around me.

Bit much this la.

We took our customary defeat at Arsenal. We’re onto something good here, keep faith and you’ll reap the rewards down the line.

That was a lot better than what we’ve seen for a good few years in these games.

September 24, 2018, 02:50:01 AM
Reply #586

Martip

We played well and all that. And we defo did. We were really well set up. For the vast majority of the team, it was well executed.

But yet again. Yet fucking again, we didn't get it over the line. And it's not good enough. Failure and 'nearly but not quite' runs right through this club from top to bottom, and it's really not good enough. The number of times we won the ball off their defence, and had chances to kill them high up the pitch was incredible. They looked baffled and clueless.

Unfortunately we played like we thought 'these chances will keep coming', which again, isn't good enough at this level.

So tired of following this club, and so tired of being disappointed with them. All the changes of manager and players and it's the same shit over and over again. It's not today's result. Obviously people lose away at Arsenal. It's the manner of it, and the repetition of the same shit year after year.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for this stuff, and other people are more resilient and have a stronger constitution than me, but I'm not sure I've got it in me to keep taking it. I know we've had it much much worse than this, and I went through all of that too but it's the cumulative effect. Might just sack it off, and keep a general eye on things from afar now.
I felt like this at times last year

September 24, 2018, 02:56:10 AM
Reply #587

Shogun

Administrator
We played well and all that. And we defo did. We were really well set up. For the vast majority of the team, it was well executed.

But yet again. Yet fucking again, we didn't get it over the line. And it's not good enough. Failure and 'nearly but not quite' runs right through this club from top to bottom, and it's really not good enough. The number of times we won the ball off their defence, and had chances to kill them high up the pitch was incredible. They looked baffled and clueless.

Unfortunately we played like we thought 'these chances will keep coming', which again, isn't good enough at this level.

So tired of following this club, and so tired of being disappointed with them. All the changes of manager and players and it's the same shit over and over again. It's not today's result. Obviously people lose away at Arsenal. It's the manner of it, and the repetition of the same shit year after year.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for this stuff, and other people are more resilient and have a stronger constitution than me, but I'm not sure I've got it in me to keep taking it. I know we've had it much much worse than this, and I went through all of that too but it's the cumulative effect. Might just sack it off, and keep a general eye on things from afar now.

Totally get that. It's an absolute chore supporting us go nowhere. However, my expectations this season are:

- 7th-9th in the league
- Strong in the cup competitions
- Competitive in matches versus top 6
- Attractive Football

The way the league is set up, whether you're 7th or 12th is largely irrelevant in this league excluding the possibility of European football in June. Our hope of genuine happiness this season will come in the cups and it's yet to be seen how that will go. Today was miles better than last season against Arsenal (home or) away and that was because we created chances and looked really good for about 55 minutes playing the sort of football you need to if you're going to be a top 6 side.

As I see it, we're on track in what is a low expectation season. It's horrible to say but that is the best we can hope for this season as we are in transition, on and off the pitch. We need Brands and Silva to sort the squad out over the next two windows and next season is when something has to change because to be honest, I don't know what direction we go in if this doesn't work out.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 24, 2018, 02:58:31 AM
Reply #588

eyesalwaysblue

I did that for a good while after the European ban and we nose dived into mediocrity again, it sucks you back in again though but i was never as intense after that, well only now and then, Koeman brought me closer to the edge than i'd been for years.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 24, 2018, 03:07:29 AM
Reply #589

Lazarou

I think we will be right by Xmas, it's been a tough start but I am trying not to judge until all the pieces are in place.

It is worrying though that it still feels all too familiar with the same flaws that have been apparent for years.

My biggest frustration is the striking department, to still not have replaced Lukaku is criminal.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

September 24, 2018, 03:11:42 AM
Reply #590

Bluedylan

Bit much this la.

We took our customary defeat at Arsenal. We’re onto something good here, keep faith and you’ll reap the rewards down the line.

That was a lot better than what we’ve seen for a good few years in these games.

That's the problem, Rambo. And this is garbage Arsenal. When they get good again, it'll be back to 4-0/5-0 territory.

I remember the Martinez Arsenal away, when we should've won. Barkley hit that shot that whistled a yard wide of the top corner, and even that game, which we remember taking the piss out of them, was only 0-0. We're a club of failures. Our success is too far in the past to still mean anything.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 24, 2018, 03:12:24 AM
Reply #591

Gary1878

There are so many positives out of that performance. Defensively we barely put a foot wrong, with Keane looking a different player from last season. Our pressing game has improved dramatically and whenever Richarlison is on the pitch, we can beat anyone. Possession wise we are much better as well, with the passing generally more creative and sharper than in the past 2 seasons.

So much to be positive about, and as long as we get the results to stay top half, I will be happy with this season and a bit of stability.

September 24, 2018, 03:27:41 AM
Reply #592

School of Science

There are so many positives out of that performance. Defensively we barely put a foot wrong, with Keane looking a different player from last season. Our pressing game has improved dramatically and whenever Richarlison is on the pitch, we can beat anyone. Possession wise we are much better as well, with the passing generally more creative and sharper than in the past 2 seasons.

So much to be positive about, and as long as we get the results to stay top half, I will be happy with this season and a bit of stability.

Agree with a lot of that, like BD  I had a rant at the tv when they scored, unjustly I thought. But that display with Lukaku playing up front for us and we'd have won comfortably. So frustrating watching us today, in so many good positions to score. I swear one goal and we'd have beat them today.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 24, 2018, 03:40:51 AM
Reply #593

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's hardest to support a team during periods like right now were we are almost certain to finish outside Europe and not win a cup. Its easy when you win things and it's even easier when there's a threat of relegation to rally you and bring passion. Support at times like this is what truly defines us though

September 24, 2018, 03:43:48 AM
Reply #594

Cuttyblue

Hurts to read that, though im certainly not gonna slate you for it.

Hope i dont ever cross that threshold but unless we get some characters on this team that are willing to compete and fight...

September 24, 2018, 03:46:34 AM
Reply #595

eyesalwaysblue

Some things were better today and problems look like they are being pin pointed earlier than before and being worked on, that gives me more reason for optimism in Silva than i had before, we will have a day in the sun soon i can feel it.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 24, 2018, 04:26:56 AM
Reply #596

bluenuck

The last two results are just so fuckin Everton. Next week we'll draw Fulham and play like shit and it will be back to what it was last weekend.

It just seems to never end. It's always something.

Like pulling teeth supporting this team.

September 24, 2018, 05:33:31 AM
Reply #597

boothill

Yeah you can say all sorts on here like fuck, cunt, wank and all that.

Libertarianism largely rules here.
You are live on channel nsno,  please dont say cunt or twat

September 24, 2018, 05:34:31 AM
Reply #598

boothill

Is is dry enough in here to talk about the game? As I've just been lobbed off GOT for a week for a sweary rant against an Allardyce supporting cockwomble for wanting Silva gone
Wasnt the real dunk was it ?

September 24, 2018, 05:48:56 AM
Reply #599

bluestevie

Wasnt the real dunk was it ?

No the clown calls himself Kev The Rat, he's been wanting Silva out since the Wolves game
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson