October 18, 2018, 06:52:02 PM

Poll

Who do you want to see starting upfront for the next few games?

Tosun
38 (37.3%)
DCL
12 (11.8%)
Niasse
0 (0%)
Richarlison
43 (42.2%)
Walcott
5 (4.9%)
Other
4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: Main Striker - Lets have a poll  (Read 4237 times)

September 24, 2018, 04:09:06 AM
Reply #30

kramer0

Calvert-Lewin.

Given a bunch of flawed options, play the guy most likely to get better.

I also think it's harsh to condemn him to the bench after a single start against the best opposition weíve played this season.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:12:51 AM by kramer0 »

September 24, 2018, 04:57:03 AM
Reply #31

Heisenberg

Tosun has good hold up play I agree. But you dont see it as he completely isolates himself from the rest of the game with poor positional play and is never showing for a pass. Shocking signing for that amount of money. Not a premier league player at all. Sooner january comes the better

September 24, 2018, 05:54:01 AM
Reply #32

Normm

I have been backing DCL, but that was poor today. On the poll, I was surprised to be casting my vote with the majority (so far). More are coming to the same conclusion.

The only person who actually looks on form to score at the moment is Richarlison. - It could be that the answer to our CF problem is staring us in the face. We won't really know till we try him leading the line, especially when we have others who can play out wide.

That said, against Arsenal we actually started to play like a team. It could easily have been 1-1, or better, with just a little more composure and vision up front. For much of the game, we were the better side.

September 24, 2018, 06:10:59 AM
Reply #33

Normm

I also think that Richarlison would not be a static CF, pinned down by CB's. He would most likely pull them out of position all over the place and frighten the life out of them with his skill and pace. Marco must definitely be considering this as an option.

September 24, 2018, 06:12:02 AM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I donít even think he was that bad today to be honest?

That chance at the start of the game was an absolute stinker you have to say, but I mean...he gets himself into these positions which is the most important thing.

Okay he fluffed it, next time maybe he doesnít and then heís a better player because of it.

Was quite pleasantly surprised at tosunís left peg effort, which says a lot that Iím surprised our £30m striker had a shot on target.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2018, 02:44:54 PM
Reply #35

Hawkandro

Other: Moussa Marega in January please.

For now, I would be tempted to give DCL a run at 9 and see if a goal will settle him down. Has a lot of positives to his game up there, but needs to work on composure and decision making, and they will only come with minutes in the specific position.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 24, 2018, 03:02:08 PM
Reply #36

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Richarlison for me, as I've been saying for a while - until we can bring in a much needed goal scoring number 9 in January.

An "interesting" read by our old friend Phil:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45622200
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:05:14 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

September 24, 2018, 03:09:18 PM
Reply #37

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
At least this poll settles the DCL debate.

September 24, 2018, 03:10:31 PM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
DCLís chance canít just have been 75 minutes against arsenal away from home, come on now.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2018, 03:13:09 PM
Reply #39

Mac934

DCL and Richarlison have both scored three goals, so must be doing something right. Tosun needs to start bagging them now. A new proper CF is what we need in January, but wouldn't sell anyone apart from maybe Niasse if a decent bid came in.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

September 24, 2018, 03:15:53 PM
Reply #40

Henry Onyekuru will be a very decent addition too, when we FINALLY get him to play for US :D

September 24, 2018, 03:18:47 PM
Reply #41

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
DCLís chance canít just have been 75 minutes against arsenal away from home, come on now.

Donít think the poll is just based on 75 minutes at Arsenal, more of a general feeling.

September 24, 2018, 03:20:42 PM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wish people would stop saying Tosun wouldíve buried that first half chance.

Did you see him against West Ham?

September 24, 2018, 03:24:48 PM
Reply #43

Even if DCL passed that inch perfect for Richarlison, the way things were going for us yesterday it would have ended up in row z anyway.

Anyway, we will end our Top 6 curse soon, against them lot ;)

September 24, 2018, 03:27:38 PM
Reply #44

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
DCL and Richarlison have both scored three goals, so must be doing something right. Tosun needs to start bagging them now. A new proper CF is what we need in January, but wouldn't sell anyone apart from maybe Niasse if a decent bid came in.

Richarleson against Premiership teams, DCL 2 against Championship side and one against a team that will be in the championship again next season, a season long loan to a Championship club just might work for DCL, might.