October 18, 2018, 06:59:30 PM

Poll

Who do you want to see starting upfront for the next few games?

Tosun
38 (37.3%)
DCL
12 (11.8%)
Niasse
0 (0%)
Richarlison
43 (42.2%)
Walcott
5 (4.9%)
Other
4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: Main Striker - Lets have a poll  (Read 4238 times)

September 24, 2018, 03:49:29 PM
Reply #45

KoemansNumberTens

Richarleson against Premiership teams, DCL 2 against Championship side and one against a team that will be in the championship again next season, a season long loan to a Championship club just might work for DCL, might.

He’ll need to get used to the championship sooner or later

September 24, 2018, 03:49:46 PM
Reply #46

Toffee_4_Life

If people do want to see Richarlison up top for a game surely the cup against S’oton would be a good time to try it? No need to rest him as he’s missed three games and give Bernard a chance to start in a cup game when you’d have to fancy us to win at home.

September 24, 2018, 03:51:09 PM
Reply #47

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He’ll need to get used to the championship sooner or later

Much worse players than DCL have had premier league careers.

September 24, 2018, 03:53:02 PM
Reply #48

Lxxx

Calvert-Lewin.

Given a bunch of flawed options, play the guy most likely to get better.

I also think it's harsh to condemn him to the bench after a single start against the best opposition we’ve played this season.

When you're one on one with the goalkeeper in the first minute with a team-mate square for a tap in the quality of the opposition is irrelevant. He didn't even make the keeper make a save. He makes the right decision there and everything goes up a notch. Wouldn't surprise me if the rest of his game yesterday was affected by the simple chance he missed early on.

September 24, 2018, 04:17:12 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
When you're one on one with the goalkeeper in the first minute with a team-mate square for a tap in the quality of the opposition is irrelevant. He didn't even make the keeper make a save. He makes the right decision there and everything goes up a notch. Wouldn't surprise me if the rest of his game yesterday was affected by the simple chance he missed early on.

Probably was. I thought it came a bit early in the game. Looked like he expected to get flagged and before he knew it the ball was stuck under his feet and he was trying to skin cech.

Such a shame, but really you square that without a second thought imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2018, 06:16:33 PM
Reply #50

Ramjam

Probably was. I thought it came a bit early in the game. Looked like he expected to get flagged and before he knew it the ball was stuck under his feet and he was trying to skin cech.

Such a shame, but really you square that without a second thought imo.
No the linesman wasn't playing offside yesterday, remember?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 24, 2018, 07:39:21 PM
Reply #51

Gary1878

Stick with Tosun. Bad spell of form, but the best finisher we have at the club. Longer term, and when we can add to our options, Richarlison (if we can keep him for long-enough!)

September 24, 2018, 09:38:05 PM
Reply #52

D15TIN

Richarlison

The other options are not serious contenders; the fact that Richarlison can play wide makes them an option

Walcott - Good side-kick

Tosun - sell January and get money back

Niasse - sell January and get money back

DCL - sell next summer and make £25m profit; relying on potential cannot last forever

(Hornby - League Cup with Richarlison)

25 mill for DCL you mad?

September 24, 2018, 09:38:50 PM
Reply #53

D15TIN

Stick with Tosun. Bad spell of form, but the best finisher we have at the club. Longer term, and when we can add to our options, Richarlison (if we can keep him for long-enough!)
he's never in the correct position though

September 24, 2018, 11:33:04 PM
Reply #54

kramer0

Forwards bottle good chances all the time. The best finishers in the world only finish about 25% of their shots and not all of those misses are coming under pressure or from range.

Better to let the guy who gets into good positions play through his failures.

September 24, 2018, 11:35:53 PM
Reply #55

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Forwards bottle good chances all the time. The best finishers in the world only finish about 25% of their shots and not all of those misses are coming under pressure or from range.

Better to let the guy who gets into good positions play through his failures.

Agree again. Although 0 shots in 75 minutes is dreadful he was still in great positions a few times.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2018, 11:38:04 PM
Reply #56

Juanito

Reminds me of the James Vaughan moment at the Emirates in 2009/10 season. He was 1-1 v the keeper and fluffed his lines. Ended up conceding a last minute equaliser, Moyes was fuming.

That miss yesterday  and the derby blunder at Goodison last season says he might need some time in a lesser team/league to build his confidence and develop his technique.

For me, as I have said for a while, Richarlison as a false 9 supported by Walcott and Bernard/Lookman.

September 24, 2018, 11:54:28 PM
Reply #57

BlueForYou

£25m, mad for DCL? What's your value D15TIN? £12.5m?

Didn't Leipzig offer £25m for Lookman? Is he worth twice as much as DCL?

And while you're at it, put a value on Holgate (£20m?) He cost us about £2m

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 24, 2018, 11:56:28 PM
Reply #58

Lxxx

£25m, mad for DCL? What's your value D15TIN? £12.5m?

Didn't Leipzig offer £25m for Lookman? Is he worth twice as much as DCL?

And while you're at it, put a value on Holgate (£20m?) He cost us about £2m

I hope the £25m we turned down for Lookman doesn't turn out to be an unwise move.

September 25, 2018, 12:04:38 AM
Reply #59

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick