December 11, 2018, 03:53:48 PM

Author Topic: What striker do we go for?  (Read 7878 times)

October 04, 2018, 03:56:00 AM
Reply #135

gizzblue

Genuinely struggling how to respond to that......
He might not have improved, but id be willing to say he's absolute streets ahead of anything we're likely to get. And as for work rare,  who cares, Neymar does fuck all when he doesn't have the ball but I'd have him too,  we've got DCL if you want someone that works hard

We are a team who needs every member to work hard ...we're not PSG or a Barca type ...so the Neymars would struggle to carry any real weight for us .
Born not made a blue .

October 04, 2018, 03:35:12 PM
Reply #136

Cereal Killer

We are a team who needs every member to work hard ...we're not PSG or a Barca type ...so the Neymars would struggle to carry any real weight for us .

October 04, 2018, 05:36:10 PM
Reply #137

gizzblue

You honestly think without a team of superstars Neymar would be half as prolific ?.

Messi alone in the International stage would suggest my hypothesis.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:41:16 PM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

October 04, 2018, 05:43:39 PM
Reply #138

stirlingblue

You honestly think without a team of superstars Neymar would be half as prolific ?.

Messi alone in the International stage would suggest my hypothesis.

Hes one of the ones that Id say is most likely to have an impact without a team of superstars as so much of what he does is individual.

Compare him to somebody like Modric/Iniesta and theyd be much worse without a strong team around them.

October 06, 2018, 05:12:36 PM
Reply #139

Toddacelli

Nah, his movement is poor

Time to change your rap name to MC Obvious   ;)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 20, 2018, 05:40:22 AM
Reply #140

Robber Rodwell

I would love to see us make a real statement of intent and splash out on a proven goalscorer this January.  Anyone out there that you would love here??

October 20, 2018, 05:48:49 AM
Reply #141

Elgoodo1978

Lukaku

October 20, 2018, 12:47:16 PM
Reply #142

eugene

Just see the headlines I was young my dad made me do it

October 20, 2018, 03:17:01 PM
Reply #143

BlueForYou

Chalov at CSKA could be a bargain, contract runs out 2020

Cutrone at AC Milan

Both aged 20

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2018, 03:38:25 PM
Reply #144

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I would love to see us make a real statement of intent and splash out on a proven goalscorer this January.  Anyone out there that you would love here??

Who would you like to see?

October 20, 2018, 05:00:10 PM
Reply #145

BlueForYou

In that case, Lewandowski fits the bill

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2018, 07:34:05 PM
Reply #146

stirlingblue

What ever happened to Dolberg? Wasnt he supposed to be the next big thing at one point?

October 20, 2018, 08:11:06 PM
Reply #147

penguinofdoom1878

What ever happened to Dolberg? Wasnt he supposed to be the next big thing at one point?

either he's been injured or they're gradually introducing him but whoscored has him with 11 appearances for 262 minutes 2 goals

probably as good as Calvert-Lewin really, who has 12 appearances 330 minutes and 4 goals

October 20, 2018, 08:12:02 PM
Reply #148

Mayor Farnum

I remember when Chelsea were establishing themselves they signed Vialli. I think this is type of striker signing we should explore. A proven international with a good career behind him who may be motivated by crack at the EPL and is still able to play thirty odd times a season.
It would buy us time in our search for a more long-term solution and may see us in a stronger, more attractive position when the time comes to make the next step in terms of signings.
That's the theory, as for names.......

October 20, 2018, 08:36:26 PM
Reply #149

Shogun

Administrator
I remember when Chelsea were establishing themselves they signed Vialli. I think this is type of striker signing we should explore. A proven international with a good career behind him who may be motivated by crack at the EPL and is still able to play thirty odd times a season.
It would buy us time in our search for a more long-term solution and may see us in a stronger, more attractive position when the time comes to make the next step in terms of signings.
That's the theory, as for names.......

Carlos Bacca?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth