December 15, 2018, 04:04:21 AM

Author Topic: What striker do we go for?  (Read 7957 times)

September 25, 2018, 03:34:40 AM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Maxi Gomez, Simeone or Breel Embolo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 25, 2018, 03:54:46 AM
Reply #16

Cereal Killer

Let's give most from the Spanish league a swerve for starters, as regularly proven, the majority of them aren't cut out for the pace and physicality of the Prem

September 25, 2018, 03:56:02 AM
Reply #17

Cereal Killer

Willian Jose

Or Aspas

I assume you've thrown Aspas in there just to piss off the shite? Although I'd expect them to be in stitches if we wanked 30m+ on him

September 25, 2018, 03:56:59 AM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I assume you've thrown Aspas in there just to piss off the shite? Although I'd expect them to be in stitches if we wanked 30m+ on him

Very, very good player.

September 25, 2018, 06:55:38 PM
Reply #19

Hawkandro

Marega would be my number one choice. Looks powerful and knows where the goal is.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 25, 2018, 07:09:26 PM
Reply #20

Evertonian in NC

If Batshuayi were achievable, then I've no earthly idea why he's not already here.  Lord knows we need him, and have for some time.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 25, 2018, 07:17:06 PM
Reply #21

Macca77

It's all well and good us suggesting who we should go for, attracting them to come here is a whole new ball game, most of the top strikers will want champions league footy, and we're about as far away as ever from that. Just gotta hope Brands can work a bit of magic and find a us a gem.

September 25, 2018, 07:33:37 PM
Reply #22

Juanito

Julian Brandt - alongside Richarlison would be exciting

Brandt on the left and Richarlison through the middle?

September 25, 2018, 07:37:34 PM
Reply #23

Mayor Farnum

Even with hindsight it's difficult. I can't think of a striker that's moved clubs in the last three years that we could have realistically attracted who would have made us significantly better.

September 25, 2018, 07:52:45 PM
Reply #24

formerKHL

It's all well and good us suggesting who we should go for, attracting them to come here is a whole new ball game, most of the top strikers will want champions league footy, and we're about as far away as ever from that. Just gotta hope Brands can work a bit of magic and find a us a gem.

This.....and champions league money...but that shouldn't be an issue apparently..

September 25, 2018, 08:55:24 PM
Reply #25

Hawkandro

Dolberg? Not kicked on as well as some imagined, could do with a change of scenery. Main issue being, the Dutch league and how he may find the PL.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 25, 2018, 10:23:58 PM
Reply #26

Gary1878

To break into the top 6, we need to think outside the box. The below is thinking about the next 5 years rather than the next few months, but it's what my strategy would look like.

I think we need a new style of front player. I think the game as a whole will adapt again in terms of formation and tactics, and we won't see the traditional number 9 used much in future at the top sides, unless they have a very special player e.g. Kane, Aguero.

If you think about the way Liverpool play, this is the way Everton need to look to setup in the absence of being able to spend £100m and no Champions League. It also suits Marco Silva's style, and could pave the way for Richarlison to play as the central man up top. To do this though, you need to "replace" him with another wide player, which we potentially already have in Bernard/Lookman.

Playing with a rotating 3 up top will also be better on squad numbers, making us more adaptable and less reliant on one man.

September 25, 2018, 10:49:53 PM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Josef Martinez from Atalanta could be an intriguing one.

Smashing the goals in the MLS but has a decent pedigree behind him.

All the top clubs are having a look.

September 25, 2018, 11:28:17 PM
Reply #28

BlueForYou

Yes, Juanito - Brandt on the left and Richarlison through the middle (Walcott on the right)
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 25, 2018, 11:53:05 PM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Even with hindsight it's difficult. I can't think of a striker that's moved clubs in the last three years that we could have realistically attracted who would have made us significantly better.

Iheanacho, Raul Jimenez, Mitrovic - they’re all at Prem clubs and are upgrades on what we have.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.