December 15, 2018, 03:16:29 AM

Author Topic: What striker do we go for?  (Read 7954 times)

September 25, 2018, 11:58:42 PM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iheanacho, Raul Jimenez, Mitrovic - they’re all at Prem clubs and are upgrades on what we have.

Nah, they’re not making us significantly better.

I think they’re all quite poor tbh.

September 26, 2018, 12:18:02 AM
Reply #31

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Mitrovic is average as shit.

September 26, 2018, 12:18:36 AM
Reply #32

Mayor Farnum

Iheanacho, Raul Jimenez, Mitrovic - they’re all at Prem clubs and are upgrades on what we have.

I wouldn't think signing any of them would solve our striker problem.

September 26, 2018, 12:20:32 AM
Reply #33

Cereal Killer

:Sick:

Not sure any of them have done anything more than Tosun

September 26, 2018, 12:38:32 AM
Reply #34

D15TIN

Rashford probably the only one so far who I think could improve us

Vardy maybe for a short time, but well into his 30s now, so it's a no from me, unless a small fee

September 26, 2018, 12:44:49 AM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
All of them are better than Tosun, Mitrovic and Iheanacho especially (not sure about Jimenez but his all round game seems good, finishing wobbly).

Mitro is on 5 prem goals, just over 4 npxg for this season, iheanacho across his prem career has just over 15 npxg- 16 prem goals.

Both quality young players.

Sure, would prefer a £45m 20 goal a year man...but generally outside the top 6 nobody really has one, so finding a good young striker who can do a bit of everything and consistently finish his chances in the way those two do are as good as you can do really.

Can’t stress enough how hard it will be to ‘replace lukaku’, took us about 20 years to get him!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 26, 2018, 01:05:56 AM
Reply #36

BlueForYou

We've replaced him, Richarlison will get the goals

We don't need a striker, we need someone to support our striker
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 26, 2018, 02:13:40 AM
Reply #37

School of Science

Mitrovic is average as shit.

He was at Newcastle, but seems to have got the bit between his teeth at Fulham.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 26, 2018, 03:28:56 AM
Reply #38

BlueForYou

Sanchez should be available in January

Remember him?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 26, 2018, 01:38:40 PM
Reply #39

Paddockoldie

What about that Das Bos fella we were linked with? Big target man and scores goals.

September 26, 2018, 02:32:20 PM
Reply #40

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
What about that Das Bos fella we were linked with? Big target man and scores goals.
Bit shit tho ain't he
Simply simply lovely

September 26, 2018, 02:41:40 PM
Reply #41

Bluedylan

All of them are better than Tosun, Mitrovic and Iheanacho especially (not sure about Jimenez but his all round game seems good, finishing wobbly).

Mitro is on 5 prem goals, just over 4 npxg for this season, iheanacho across his prem career has just over 15 npxg- 16 prem goals.

Both quality young players.

Sure, would prefer a £45m 20 goal a year man...but generally outside the top 6 nobody really has one, so finding a good young striker who can do a bit of everything and consistently finish his chances in the way those two do are as good as you can do really.

Can’t stress enough how hard it will be to ‘replace lukaku’, took us about 20 years to get him!

Problem with just relying on stats though. Mitrovic is a target man and not very mobile, and completely the wrong kind of player to work in our system imo. Iheanacho I think is even worse. Technically very poor, all left foot and his left foot's not that good. Jiminez looks decent but not transformative enough to justify spending a fair bit of money on.

We got Richarlison, who probably should be at a Top 6 club based on his ability and potential, so I don't see any issue with going big for a striker as well. I'd be hugely disappointed if any of your suggestions were being considered by Silva/Brands. We can do better.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 26, 2018, 02:59:32 PM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Problem with just relying on stats though. Mitrovic is a target man and not very mobile, and completely the wrong kind of player to work in our system imo. Iheanacho I think is even worse. Technically very poor, all left foot and his left foot's not that good. Jiminez looks decent but not transformative enough to justify spending a fair bit of money on.

We got Richarlison, who probably should be at a Top 6 club based on his ability and potential, so I don't see any issue with going big for a striker as well. I'd be hugely disappointed if any of your suggestions were being considered by Silva/Brands. We can do better.

Yeah I think the only one I’d actually want is Iheanacho, although mitro is becoming my new Rondon, but he actually scores.

Think I was just playing devils advocate really.

Ultimately - we could get a new £30-£50m striker (eg like I say zaha) but if we don’t buy some quality for the middle of the pitch, the problems we have are going to remain.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 26, 2018, 03:32:48 PM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Never got the big deal on ineacho and mitorovic would have been ace for us about 10 years ago, alongside straqularisi
Simply simply lovely

September 26, 2018, 03:38:08 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Both extremely good young players but not going to argue it like.

The fact we never bought iheanacho and chose to just not buy anyone will continue to annoy me forever.