October 18, 2018, 06:11:46 PM

Author Topic: What striker do we go for?  (Read 5333 times)

September 26, 2018, 03:38:13 PM
Reply #45

Macca77

Iheanacho is piss poor, struggles to get into the Leicester team

September 26, 2018, 03:44:02 PM
Reply #46

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Both extremely good young players but not going to argue it like.

The fact we never bought iheanacho and chose to just not buy anyone will continue to annoy me forever.

Hes been shit for Leicester.

Donít know what youíre seeing in him.

September 26, 2018, 03:47:32 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hes been shit for Leicester.

Donít know what youíre seeing in him.

Needs a full year of prem football but if he did heíd get 15 goals + imo
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 26, 2018, 04:00:55 PM
Reply #48

Toddacelli

Josef Martinez from Atalanta could be an intriguing one.

Smashing the goals in the MLS but has a decent pedigree behind him.

All the top clubs are having a look.

No idea who this geezer is but 100% this is the type of deal we have a chance at.

Someone who isn't a guaranteed starter at the top 6 and we can sell the idea to them - come play regularly with us, prove yourself and you have a realistic crack at CL with us or someone else in 2-3 years.

It pains me to say it but there are so many better options than us for a striker right now because we do not look like getting into CL positions. Even though we can probably match CL prices with most clubs. Until we do get in there or look convincingly like we are about to get in there - we'll have to try and unearth something special that no-one else really wants yet.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 26, 2018, 04:03:07 PM
Reply #49

Toddacelli

Iheanacho, Raul Jimenez, Mitrovic - theyíre all at Prem clubs and are upgrades on what we have.

Mitrovic? An upgrade? I'm not so sure.

To me he looks like one of those strikers who is heavily reliant on how the rest of the team is set up. That's why some strikers are fire for one club and ice for another. I really don't have the confidence that we would set him up for success here.

September 26, 2018, 04:05:26 PM
Reply #50

Macca77

For Mitrovic see Jelavic

September 26, 2018, 04:06:30 PM
Reply #51

Toddacelli

Yeah I think the only one Iíd actually want is Iheanacho, although mitro is becoming my new Rondon, but he actually scores.

Think I was just playing devils advocate really.

Ultimately - we could get a new £30-£50m striker (eg like I say zaha) but if we donít buy some quality for the middle of the pitch, the problems we have are going to remain.

Zaha is the first name in this thread that I think is both achievable and would also improve us. Get the cheque writ Mosh!

September 26, 2018, 04:08:27 PM
Reply #52

Macca77

Zaha is the first name in this thread that I think is both achievable and would also improve us. Get the cheque writ Mosh!

Zaha would be 50+ million, I very much doubt we would go there.

September 26, 2018, 04:10:20 PM
Reply #53

Bluedylan

Zaha's not a striker.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 26, 2018, 04:11:21 PM
Reply #54

Toddacelli

Zaha would be 50+ million, I very much doubt we would go there.

Going rate mate.

He's tried at Man U and bombed so he is probably realistic about going to a top, top side but Palace to Everton? Yeah he could have a piece of that and is still young enough to have time to force a move to a top, top club in a few years.

September 26, 2018, 04:12:20 PM
Reply #55

Toddacelli

Zaha's not a striker.

But as part of a front three with Richarlison you would give the opposition so much to think about that there would probably even be space for Tosun to bag a few.

September 26, 2018, 04:16:42 PM
Reply #56

Bluedylan

But as part of a front three with Richarlison you would give the opposition so much to think about that there would probably even be space for Tosun to bag a few.

Yeah, he's a superb player and would improve us massively imo. But I don't think wide forward is a massive priority with Walcott, Richarlison, Bernard and Lookman around. Need some quality through the middle of the team in attack and midfield.

September 26, 2018, 04:39:50 PM
Reply #57

Toddacelli

Yeah, he's a superb player and would improve us massively imo. But I don't think wide forward is a massive priority with Walcott, Richarlison, Bernard and Lookman around. Need some quality through the middle of the team in attack and midfield.

Whilst I agree sorting out the midfield is a big priority right now, goals win games. And as good as they are, I would back Zaha to score more goals than all of them put together, minus Richarlison, obviously.

(and this is the striker thread)

September 26, 2018, 04:49:15 PM
Reply #58

Bluedylan

Whilst I agree sorting out the midfield is a big priority right now, goals win games. And as good as they are, I would back Zaha to score more goals than all of them put together, minus Richarlison, obviously.

(and this is the striker thread)

Yeah, that's why I'm saying we need some quality 'through the middle of the team' (ie striker, rather than wide forward).

But I agree he's an excellent player who we should go for, if we can.

September 26, 2018, 05:02:32 PM
Reply #59

Hawkandro

The fact we never bought iheanacho and chose to just not buy anyone will continue to annoy me forever.

City wanted a buy-back clause and we didn't, IIRC.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.