October 18, 2018, 03:06:32 AM

Author Topic: [News]Richarlison must be the man to lead the line  (Read 1289 times)

September 25, 2018, 04:06:25 AM
Read 1289 times

Everton News

Richarlison must be the man to lead the line

In a poll on our Everton forums this weekend, Richarlison came out top as Evertonian's preferred choice of striker.  But do you agree?

Source: Richarlison must be the man to lead the line

September 25, 2018, 11:16:56 PM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 26, 2018, 12:19:51 AM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm really not feeling the Richarlison up top thing. It doesn't play to his strengths

September 26, 2018, 12:50:34 AM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

September 26, 2018, 12:58:31 AM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'm really not feeling the Richarlison up top thing. It doesn't play to his strengths
His strengths are his finishing and his ability to hold the ball up, beat a man, and create space. I'd say it plays to all. Of those. Then he's pretty quick so balls into the channels would work perfectly too.

September 26, 2018, 01:01:57 AM
Reply #5

BlueForYou

You said it, his strength -

Finishing

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 26, 2018, 01:25:44 AM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
His strengths are his finishing and his ability to hold the ball up, beat a man, and create space. I'd say it plays to all. Of those. Then he's pretty quick so balls into the channels would work perfectly too.

Finishing and pace yes. Not seeing holding the ball up as a big strength. I just think he's a much better winger than striker. Not saying he'll be terrible there but I think it's wasting his ability

September 26, 2018, 01:33:00 AM
Reply #7

loroloco

he's best used in the position he's in now. running at players towards goal. walcott up top for me. his movement with richarlison creating from the wings with sig and bernard/lookman behind him also is surely worth a shout. i think it's about time dcl, tosun niasse were forgotten about as starters.

September 26, 2018, 05:48:20 PM
Reply #8

Free Agent

Unlike our other front men, he can trap a ball, beat a man and shoot (on target). He has a pretty decent first touch too and can do keepie-uppies

September 26, 2018, 07:03:38 PM
Reply #9

JordanianEmbassy

Playing as a number 9 is completely different to playing out wide. Not saying he can't do it... but just because he looks top quality playing out wide doesn't mean that'll transfer automatically.

You might actually find he gets a lot less chances starting as the main striker, because his starting position is different - ie right up against the back 4 marked by a central defender as opposed to cutting in from the left.

Has he ever played there?

September 26, 2018, 07:10:40 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Playing as a number 9 is completely different to playing out wide. Not saying he can't do it... but just because he looks top quality playing out wide doesn't mean that'll transfer automatically.

You might actually find he gets a lot less chances starting as the main striker, because his starting position is different - ie right up against the back 4 marked by a central defender as opposed to cutting in from the left.

Apparently he has.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 26, 2018, 07:13:28 PM
Reply #11

Bluenose 91

I think he may end up there eventually but I'd keep him on the left for now.

Get Tosun back in the side and go with that front three that actually looked really good until the suspension.

September 26, 2018, 07:19:40 PM
Reply #12

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

In his full debut for Brazil he played there - even wearing number nine. Scored twice and was brought Down for the pen that made it 1-0

September 26, 2018, 10:51:56 PM
Reply #13

JordanianEmbassy

In his full debut for Brazil he played there - even wearing number nine. Scored twice and was brought Down for the pen that made it 1-0

Thats more than good enough for me. Count me in.

wtf? why isn't he starting there? :)

September 26, 2018, 10:53:32 PM
Reply #14

JordanianEmbassy

I read that as "his strengths are his fishing..." and thought I was in the Hibbert thread by mistake