November 21, 2018, 07:28:30 AM

Author Topic: Aaron Ramsey  (Read 2381 times)

September 28, 2018, 06:01:14 AM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thatís why I think you play him from deeper so that he can have more of an impact on the game, rather than just being all end product. I know itís at the wrong end of the age spectrum, but as you say heís one of the best box to box midfielders around.

Imagine having Ramsey in the middle over Schneiderlin. No brainier.

Dunno if heís any good back there like, he tends to play as a weird 10 for them doesnít he, and theyíve been searching forever for a mythical CM while having the best classic 10 in the prem at their disposal so something is a bit off.

Itís academic really, probably be a revelation if he joined us, but to be honest I canít see it happening.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 28, 2018, 06:10:05 AM
Reply #16

gizzblue

The Euros he was half decent granted but two years later he hasn't really kicked on the in same vain....

Would be no use to us ....we have midfielders a plenty who are weak at tackling ...granted he has a decent pass ratio but so does Gylfi ,  ...but again it seems people are hunting to get rid of Gylfi despite his chances created per game being up there as normal .

Born not made a blue .

September 28, 2018, 06:20:15 AM
Reply #17

Jamokachi

Would be no use to us ....we have midfielders a plenty who are weak at tackling ...granted he has a decent pass ratio but so does Gylfi ,  ...but again it seems people are hunting to get rid of Gylfi despite his chances created per game being up there as normal .

Heís far more dynamic than Gylfi, creates far more chances from open play. Iím not hunting to get rid though, if you read my posts Iím suggesting him as a replacement for Schneiderlin. Comparing his stats to Gylfi just shows the impact he could have on a midfield that barely creates.

September 28, 2018, 06:24:37 AM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

Dunno if he's any good back there like, he tends to play as a weird 10 for them doesn't he, and they've been searching forever for a mythical CM while having the best classic 10 in the prem at their disposal so something is a bit off.

He seems to play a variety of positions. Heís very box to box for Wales these days, so has it in his locker for sure. Weíve got plenty of defensive cover in Gana which is what it seems Arsenal have been missing for an age.

September 28, 2018, 06:33:34 AM
Reply #19

gizzblue

Heís far more dynamic than Gylfi, creates far more chances from open play. Iím not hunting to get rid though, if you read my posts Iím suggesting him as a replacement for Schneiderlin. Comparing his stats to Gylfi just shows the impact he could have on a midfield that barely creates.

His tackling stats are too poor though to play him from deeper ,we're soft enough in the centre as we are, the last thing we need is a worse tackler than Schneiderlin ...we do deffo need a box to box dynamo..but not a shoehorned no 10 type ....it doesn't work imho ...plus we've had our fingers burnt with that before think Marcel will find what we need come January.
Born not made a blue .

September 28, 2018, 07:14:26 AM
Reply #20

Shogun

Administrator
That leg break might have had something to do with that.

Leg break was in 2010, stand out season was 13/14
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 28, 2018, 08:53:23 AM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Had one great season really. Decent player...I thought the rumours were he was going to Liverpool though? Presumably on a free.

September 28, 2018, 10:13:13 AM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

Leg break was in 2010, stand out season was 13/14

Fair enough, wasnít sure when you were referring to.

September 28, 2018, 02:52:51 PM
Reply #23

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
lulz

Was hoping for a bigger bite there.

Heís obviously a good player but isnít this the type of signing thatís got us into the mess weíre in now? Player in his late 20s, on big money, no scope for improvement.

Iíd rather we continued to show bravery in the market by overpaying for young talents like Mina and Richarlison.

Renato Sanches for example.

September 28, 2018, 03:10:12 PM
Reply #24

School of Science

If it's true he wants £250,000 a week, surely that rules us out ? Would any one on here be happy paying that wage to one player and would it unsettle other players here hearing that. Not for me Clive, fine player though always liked him.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 28, 2018, 03:18:30 PM
Reply #25

indiantoffee1975

He's not a bad player but i'd actually prefer our recruitment to be negotiating for players who are going to eventually take us to the next level instead of adding further surplus players from top six sides.

September 28, 2018, 03:27:13 PM
Reply #26

Macca77

He'd struggle here like

September 28, 2018, 04:02:23 PM
Reply #27

Waltzer

If it's true he wants £250,000 a week, surely that rules us out ? Would any one on here be happy paying that wage to one player and would it unsettle other players here hearing that. Not for me Clive, fine player though always liked him.

No way should we pay 250k a week for him and I personally think he'll have much better options than us and wouldn't be surprised if he went abroad? He'd walk into our team and is exactly what we need, we dont have anyone with that engine and goal threat in there. Id love to think he's a possibility but cant really see it unless his demands are so unrealistic that he cant find a suitable club and we offer him a stupid signing on fee

September 28, 2018, 04:02:48 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Was hoping for a bigger bite there.

Heís obviously a good player but isnít this the type of signing thatís got us into the mess weíre in now? Player in his late 20s, on big money, no scope for improvement.

Iíd rather we continued to show bravery in the market by overpaying for young talents like Mina and Richarlison.

Renato Sanches for example.

Iím in love with renato sanches. The Portuguese Ross Barkley.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 28, 2018, 04:32:53 PM
Reply #29

Waltzer

The Portuguese Ross Barkley.

But I thought Sanches was quite good?