October 18, 2018, 04:13:47 AM

Author Topic: [News]Silva defends changes to starting line-up  (Read 1464 times)

October 03, 2018, 10:25:41 PM
Reply #30

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Would go along with that 100% if it weren’t for the fact that this was probably our only chance of qualifying for European football.

And one of only two chances we have for a first trophy in 23 years.

October 03, 2018, 10:28:50 PM
Reply #31

JordanianEmbassy

Prize money for winning the carabou cup £100,000 (Zero up to semi finals and then only £25k each for the losing semi finalists)

Prize money for finishing just 1 premier league place higher: £1.91 million

That's exactly why teams use it to give players a run out without risking them in the league and I have no problem with everton doing that.

I couldn't care less about Everton getting a couple of million quid. I want to see a trophy. Actually I'd like to even see a decent cup run.

October 03, 2018, 11:23:50 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

Beats me how some on here persistently say game after game that he played well ?

https://sportslens.com/everton-fans-tear-into-tom-davies-following-league-cup-exit/246800/

All 13 games we won last season he played in. He also played a part in the three wins so far this season. You can take what you want from those stats but the team clearly plays better when he’s in it, for whatever reason.

October 03, 2018, 11:33:04 PM
Reply #33

youngysenior

We've come on a bit since we beat them in the league and we should have kept the momentipum from last Sunday going, this was our best chance of winning something this season and our strongest team should have started, that includes Digne,  Walcott, Gana, Sigurdsson and Pickford, would their penalty takers have been quite so confident against England's no.1 ? We will never know but it would have helped.
Again, Davies tonight was as useful as a chocolate tea pot , you will tell ma again " he's only 20” couldn't give a fuck, he should either go out on loan with DCL or sit on the bench. This loyalty to "local lads” is bollocks and doesn't exist in the most successful teams, how many in the Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea teams ?
I drove 225 miles today, paid £75 for a hotel room in the expectation that I could enjoy a decent win tonight, Silva had something else in mind.
I know what you mean. I drove over 300 miles to watch that absolute load of shite!!

October 04, 2018, 12:04:47 AM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And one of only two chances we have for a first trophy in 23 years.

The league cup has been won by a team from the top 6 in 13 of the last 15 years.

One of those was when no top 6 side was present in the final.

We are not going to win this, or any other trophy in the near future outside of immense improvement, or lightning striking.

The league cup being the ‘winnable’ trophy is a myth, and mostly comes from teams like Liverpool winning it when crap (read: top 4 but not winning the league).

Abandon hope.

Thank you for your time.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 04, 2018, 12:20:58 AM
Reply #35

BlueForYou

That's what City fans were saying ten years ago

Hope never dies - keep the faith!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 04, 2018, 12:40:57 AM
Reply #36

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
All 13 games we won last season he played in. He also played a part in the three wins so far this season. You can take what you want from those stats but the team clearly plays better when he’s in it, for whatever reason.

I’m sure he wasn’t the only player who played in all 13 games that we won was he, your stat proves absolutely nothing.

October 04, 2018, 12:49:21 AM
Reply #37

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The league cup has been won by a team from the top 6 in 13 of the last 15 years.

One of those was when no top 6 side was present in the final.

We are not going to win this, or any other trophy in the near future outside of immense improvement, or lightning striking.

The league cup being the ‘winnable’ trophy is a myth, and mostly comes from teams like Liverpool winning it when crap (read: top 4 but not winning the league).

Abandon hope.

Thank you for your time.

Swansea won it three years ago, Sunderland, Bradford, Wigan, Villa have all been finalists within the last ten years, it would be nice if we could just get to a final at Wembley one day, that would even be considered progress.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:53:14 AM by Escla »

October 04, 2018, 02:47:00 AM
Reply #38

Lxxx

I’m sure he wasn’t the only player who played in all 13 games that we won was he, your stat proves absolutely nothing.

Like I said read into it what you will. He was in and out of the side last season but every victory he played in. Likewise he wasn’t selected in the abomination that was West Ham at home. I think?

I personally think it has something to do with the fact that when he plays it breaks up the axis of evil that is Schneiderlin/Gana. Might just be a coincidence.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 02:50:45 AM by Lxxx »

October 04, 2018, 02:54:59 AM
Reply #39

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Like I said read into it what you will. He was in and out of the side last season but every victory he played in. Likewise he wasn’t selected in the abomination that was West Ham at home. I think?

I personally think it has something to do with the fact that when he plays it breaks up the axis of evil that is Schneiderlin/Gana. Might just be a coincidence.

Will happily go along with the coincidence theory for the time being but time will tell and I hope to eventually be proven wrong but somehow doubt it.

October 04, 2018, 04:24:48 PM
Reply #40

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone who thinks Everton will ever win the league cup are deluded.
We could be promised non-league opposition all the way and not win that cursed thing.

October 04, 2018, 04:32:59 PM
Reply #41

Cereal Killer

Anyone who thinks Everton will ever win the league cup are deluded.
We could be promised non-league opposition all the way and not win that cursed thing.

Must.... not..... comment.....  :whistle:

October 04, 2018, 04:47:14 PM
Reply #42

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Must.... not..... comment.....  :whistle:

I'm standing by the "i was employing hyperbole and definitely did not brain-fart" defence.