October 18, 2018, 04:37:22 AM

Author Topic: [News]JOLEON LESCOTT EXCLUSIVE: A lack of effort is to blame for Everton's slow start to the season  (Read 1009 times)

October 03, 2018, 04:06:48 PM
Read 1009 times

Everton News

JOLEON LESCOTT EXCLUSIVE: A lack of effort is to blame for Everton's slow start to the season

Former Everton defender Joleon Lescott has said that it is a lack of effort from the Blues that is responsible for the poor start to the season.

Source: JOLEON LESCOTT EXCLUSIVE: A lack of effort is to blame for Everton's slow start to the season

October 03, 2018, 04:17:11 PM
Reply #1

Macca77

October 03, 2018, 04:50:46 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Haven't looked at the stats comparatively, but I suspect this is utter nonsense, and a typical ex-footballer platitude about 'trying harder'. Effort hasn't been the issue. Organisation and concentration probably have.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 03, 2018, 05:12:12 PM
Reply #3

Macca77

Lescott blaming players about lack of effort is ridiculous, the twat downed tools for us against Arsenal

October 03, 2018, 07:41:35 PM
Reply #4

School of Science

Lescott blaming players about lack of effort is ridiculous, the twat downed tools for us against Arsenal

Yes maybe we're not giving them enough money Jolean.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 03, 2018, 07:43:06 PM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
it's weird when you read the match day thread back from that day

Lescott barely gets a mention

Osman, Baines and Hibbert all get proper pelters though

October 03, 2018, 07:47:29 PM
Reply #6

School of Science

it's weird when you read the match day thread back from that day

Lescott barely gets a mention

Osman, Baines and Hibbert all get proper pelters though

I was in Lanzarote that day, watching the match live with my son and an Arsenal supporting brother in law and his son. I might have said a few naughty words about Jolean, I promise you.  :)
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 03, 2018, 08:03:35 PM
Reply #7

Simon Paul

Administrator
I was in Lanzarote that day, watching the match live with my son and an Arsenal supporting brother in law and his son. I might have said a few naughty words about Jolean, I promise you.  :)

he was applauded onto the pitch by most in the ground (there were obviously boos as well) and people blamed Yobo and Baines for the opening two goals, and Hibbert for slipping over for one of them

here's the video -

1st goal, Baines gets torn a new one by Niklas Bendtner before Joey Yobo ducks Denilson's shot

2nd goal, Yobo just lets Vermaelen run in behind him

3rd goal, Yobo lets Galas in this time for a free header

4th goal, Hibbert slips (video doesn't show it) in the Arsenal half and they break.  Lescott and Yobo go for the same ball and Fabregas is left on his own in the middle

5th goal, everyone stands off Fabregas as he tees it up

6th goal, Yobo gets megged in the box and then Lescott is too scared to get too close and stands off to allow a shot

he's maybe partly at fault for 2 of the goals

October 03, 2018, 09:09:08 PM
Reply #8

blue1948

he was applauded onto the pitch by most in the ground (there were obviously boos as well) and people blamed Yobo and Baines for the opening two goals, and Hibbert for slipping over for one of them

here's the video -

1st goal, Baines gets torn a new one by Niklas Bendtner before Joey Yobo ducks Denilson's shot

2nd goal, Yobo just lets Vermaelen run in behind him

3rd goal, Yobo lets Galas in this time for a free header

4th goal, Hibbert slips (video doesn't show it) in the Arsenal half and they break.  Lescott and Yobo go for the same ball and Fabregas is left on his own in the middle

5th goal, everyone stands off Fabregas as he tees it up

6th goal, Yobo gets megged in the box and then Lescott is too scared to get too close and stands off to allow a shot

he's maybe partly at fault for 2 of the goals

Forgive me for not watching the video but it shows how memories ( not mine ) of Yobo have dimmed .

October 03, 2018, 09:32:34 PM
Reply #9

Simon Paul

Administrator
Forgive me for not watching the video but it shows how memories ( not mine ) of Yobo have dimmed .

I remember him looking boss in his first season

I also remember him tying his shoelaces as Charlton scored against us

and I have watched this game and can see him letting defenders run through and score from free headers

better defender than most that we've had since though

October 03, 2018, 10:37:17 PM
Reply #10

blue1948

I remember him looking boss in his first season

I also remember him tying his shoelaces as Charlton scored against us

and I have watched this game and can see him letting defenders run through and score from free headers

better defender than most that we've had since though
If that is true then it only shows we have had some defenders that are not up to scratch for many years ,saying that he was not as good as quite few since .

October 04, 2018, 03:24:24 AM
Reply #11

gizzblue

Not trying hard enough ....that's like me blaming Lescotts hair for the shape of his head .

Head like a side of beef and we fleeced man city too ...that's all I remember about the guy .

October 04, 2018, 04:46:15 AM
Reply #12

Jamokachi

Not trying hard enough ....that's like me blaming Lescotts hair for the shape of his head .

Head like a side of beef and we fleeced man city too ...that's all I remember about the guy .

No need.

October 04, 2018, 05:20:28 AM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

October 04, 2018, 02:01:25 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

I remember him getting the equaliser against Villa in the last minute, then Ashley Young scored the winner, the twat.