December 14, 2018, 05:00:06 PM

Author Topic: Break With Tradition?  (Read 575 times)

October 04, 2018, 03:26:21 PM
Read 575 times

Mayor Farnum

With the first goal seemingly being so important in football these days is it time to think about attacking the Street End in the first half?
 I know it does not guarantee the first goal but tradition and folklore would suggest we feel more confidant of scoring at the Gwladys Street End.
 The atmosphere at Goodison can go very quiet very quickly and this may just give the crowd a little lift and may set a more positive tempo for the game.
 Would tradition alone make you reluctant to do this or do you think the longer the game goes on the more influence the Street End has and that would ultimately lead to more goals against a tiring opposition?

October 04, 2018, 03:43:36 PM
Reply #1

Ramjam

No I like it just the way it is.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 04, 2018, 03:47:46 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Think itís entirely up to the players to decide which end they want to attack first.

October 04, 2018, 03:57:05 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
With the first goal seemingly being so important in football these days is it time to think about attacking the Street End in the first half?
 I know it does not guarantee the first goal but tradition and folklore would suggest we feel more confidant of scoring at the Gwladys Street End.
 The atmosphere at Goodison can go very quiet very quickly and this may just give the crowd a little lift and may set a more positive tempo for the game.
 Would tradition alone make you reluctant to do this or do you think the longer the game goes on the more influence the Street End has and that would ultimately lead to more goals against a tiring opposition?
Couldnt care less which end we attacked first!
Simply simply lovely

October 04, 2018, 04:09:46 PM
Reply #4

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's a valid point worth considering. As long as it's coupled with a high-press and going hell-for-leather for the first 20/30 minutes of the game then it could be worthwhile.

The problem is the mentality of the crowd/players if we don't score within the time period.

October 04, 2018, 07:24:41 PM
Reply #5

Cozzie

Remember when Phil Neville won the toss he would always make us shoot at the Street end first half.

Bell end.

October 04, 2018, 07:39:18 PM
Reply #6

gizzblue

Remember when Phil Neville won the toss he would always make us shoot at the Street end first half.

Bell end.

Which end is the bell end  lolol
Born not made a blue .