December 15, 2018, 04:22:51 AM

Author Topic: [News]Barkley: Lack of coaching involvement stunted my progression  (Read 7065 times)

October 05, 2018, 04:57:43 PM
Reply #30

gizzblue

All the alleged  "quality coaching" he's seen since his move ,and yet still giving the ball away still can't initiate attacks and his passing is still shit ...although he almost had two assists for Liverpool against his own team last week .
Born not made a blue .

October 05, 2018, 05:03:52 PM
Reply #31

BlueBeagle

Lukaku and Stones are very relevant examples tbh.

Didn't say they weren't but on the other hand neither came through here as a youth

October 05, 2018, 05:04:03 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

Clearly a good coach will bring a player on massively, look at Poch, Guardiola, Sarri and even what Bielsa is doing at Leeds.

A coach can only do so much though and a player has to have a brain capable enough for self development too. I have a certain degree of sympathy with Barkley and Iím sure Sarri will bring him on but watching him carelessly give the ball away in the last minute the other night for Liverpoolís equaliser shows no matter how much things change some things stay the same.

October 05, 2018, 06:57:09 PM
Reply #33

Jamokachi

Don't know why he's getting so much stick. I thought we all agreed that Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce were all a bit shit?

October 05, 2018, 07:59:18 PM
Reply #34

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Has he really improved that much since leaving us that heís now back in the England squad ?

October 05, 2018, 10:44:13 PM
Reply #35

plumber

Has he really improved that much since leaving us that heís now back in the England squad ?

That's more an indication of how piss poor English midfield players are. Chalobah who played 1 game for Watford this season and a kid from Championship both also got call-ups.

October 05, 2018, 10:55:09 PM
Reply #36

Evertonian in NC

Clearly a good coach will bring a player on massively, look at Poch, Guardiola, Sarri and even what Bielsa is doing at Leeds.

A coach can only do so much though and a player has to have a brain capable enough for self development too. I have a certain degree of sympathy with Barkley and Iím sure Sarri will bring him on but watching him carelessly give the ball away in the last minute the other night for Liverpoolís equaliser shows no matter how much things change some things stay the same.

Agreed, it can be two things.  The coaching wasn't much, but Ross sadly doesn't have what it takes upstairs to be an elite footballer (neither does Stonesy).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 05, 2018, 11:01:19 PM
Reply #37

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed, it can be two things.  The coaching wasn't much, but Ross sadly doesn't have what it takes upstairs to be an elite footballer (neither does Stonesy).

Are you kidding about Stones?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

October 05, 2018, 11:06:08 PM
Reply #38

Omar

No goals or assists so far this season, maybe it's just because he's shit.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

October 06, 2018, 12:30:36 AM
Reply #39

arteta4spain

Looks like heís trying to pin it on us for his failings. But at the same time I think he does have a point. We do seem to churn out a lot of decent youngsters but when incorporated into the team itís hard for them to progress. Itís shows that some ďmake itĒ stones et al. But there is a correlation with what Barkley has said. We donít seem to get to that other level on the field so maybe heís not far for the truth. We do seem to get to a certain point and canít break that ceiling and push on. Itís been ingrained in the team for years and whichever manager weíve had, Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, and Allardyce, we donít seem to break the cycle, so to speak.
It just canít be at the managerial front.

October 06, 2018, 12:46:00 AM
Reply #40

eyesalwaysblue

If Stones has nothing upstairs god help the rest mate.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 06, 2018, 02:26:15 AM
Reply #41

School of Science

Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 06, 2018, 04:31:52 AM
Reply #42

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

October 06, 2018, 03:18:09 PM
Reply #43

formerKHL

Stones is still way way way off the finished article even he will tell you that.....

Some people tend to forget that we bought stones...not develop him...for me he shoulda stayed at least another season with us just for his personal development.....again just my opinion...if he had done that and developed he could of been first name on city and England team sheet....every time....

October 06, 2018, 03:47:38 PM
Reply #44

Mayor Farnum

Yea it's not like there's been any thick footballers in the past.