December 15, 2018, 04:30:32 AM

Author Topic: [News]Barkley: Lack of coaching involvement stunted my progression  (Read 7066 times)

October 06, 2018, 04:12:33 PM
Reply #45

eyesalwaysblue

Yea it's not like there's been any thick footballers in the past.
Graham Le Saux famously pissed off his team mates by going on about his Cookery CSE.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 06, 2018, 04:57:40 PM
Reply #46

Toddacelli

Stones is still way way way off the finished article even he will tell you that.....

Some people tend to forget that we bought stones...not develop him...for me he shoulda stayed at least another season with us just for his personal development.....again just my opinion...if he had done that and developed he could of been first name on city and England team sheet....every time....

Explain to me how this:

working with Koeman, Unsworth and Allardyce in a team that won nothing and dropped into the relegation zone

Is better than this for a player's development:

working with Pep Guardiola, winning the League and a cup in less than 2 years, playing in the Champions League every season and playing with some of the world's best players

I was gutted when Stones left but to say that he would have been better off staying - even for his own personal development? Madness.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:58:50 PM by Toddacelli »

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 06, 2018, 05:54:31 PM
Reply #47

eyesalwaysblue

Explain to me how this:

working with Koeman, Unsworth and Allardyce in a team that won nothing and dropped into the relegation zone

working with Pep Guardiola, winning the League and a cup in less than 2 years, playing in the Champions League every season and playing with some of the world's best players

I was gutted when Stones left but to say that he would have been better off staying - even for his own personal development? Madness.

Loved that lad but couldn't ever blame him for going, had a gush dream the other night, the climax was him and Mina side by side at the back, then the alarm went off.

October 06, 2018, 08:00:23 PM
Reply #48

Evertonian in NC

Sorry.  Stones nowhere near as thick as Ross, but mental yips will always keep him from taking that final leap from "very good" to "elite" - I do stand by that.

Add to my very long list of unpopular/possibly idiotic opinions.  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 08, 2018, 01:29:07 AM
Reply #49

formerKHL

Explain to me how this:

Easy to answer..... he didnít work under any of the managers you mention in Evertonís first team...(if memory serves me right) also you miss the point ....the point being he wasnít/isnít peps first choice Centre back.....another year playing regular first team football in premier league week in week out would of definitely improved him....he got his move because at the time there was no other English Centre backs being ďtoutedĒ as the next best thing since sliced bread.....

October 08, 2018, 02:12:11 AM
Reply #50

eyesalwaysblue

Sorry.  Stones nowhere near as thick as Ross, but mental yips will always keep him from taking that final leap from "very good" to "elite" - I do stand by that.

Add to my very long list of unpopular/possibly idiotic opinions.  :D
He was solid today..

October 08, 2018, 02:52:20 AM
Reply #51

Bluedylan

Graham Le Saux famously pissed off his team mates by going on about his Cookery CSE.

Used to get called 'gay' because he read the Guardian, as I recall.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 08, 2018, 02:54:42 AM
Reply #52

Bluedylan

On intelligence and footballer generally, spacial awareness and coordination aren't allied to academic/emotional intelligence, I don't think, so you get plenty of incredibly clever players who aren't particularly the brightest in their private lives.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 08, 2018, 02:57:14 AM
Reply #53

eyesalwaysblue

Used to get called 'gay' because he read the Guardian, as I recall.
It was all a bit sad, he's into his bird watching and conservation, he did a prog for radio 4 a while ago, nice bloke.

October 08, 2018, 06:02:16 AM
Reply #54

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
No goals or assists so far this season, maybe it's just because he's shit.

Oops!
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 08, 2018, 06:36:57 AM
Reply #55

Free Agent

October 08, 2018, 09:04:17 AM
Reply #56

Omar

No goals or assists so far this season, maybe it's just because he's shit.

Nice Jinxing, asshole!
You come at the king, you best not miss.

October 08, 2018, 04:21:57 PM
Reply #57

Normm

Barkley was smeared badly by the Sun and anyone who agrees with that load of trash is just as full of garbage.

Young players still need coaching when they come into the first team. That didn't happen under Roberto and I think it was the same under Koeman. Sam's appointment made Barkley's leaving inevitable. 

I wish him well and hope he continues to have success.  :cheers: mate!

October 08, 2018, 08:28:14 PM
Reply #58

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

October 08, 2018, 09:04:54 PM
Reply #59

Gash

Global Moderator
You'd think this was something new for Barkley the way the media are raving about yesterday. He's been putting in games like yesterday for years, that's always been the frustration, people knew he had it in him but they were often few and far between. Now suddenly all the pundits think they've cracked on to some new insightful facts about Barkley just because he's playing for Chelsea. Souness saying yesterday he never rated him at Everton then off the back of 45 minutes he's raving about him at half time as if he's discovered the next Gazza. Give it ten games and lets see how many decent performances come in before everyone starts blaming Everton for his lack of progress. Story of his career so far, it's always someone else's fault.