October 18, 2018, 03:08:51 AM

Author Topic: [News]Gylfi: That was up there with my best goals  (Read 1081 times)

October 07, 2018, 12:15:02 AM
Read 1081 times

Everton News

Gylfi: That was up there with my best goals

Everton midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson says that the important part of today was the three points, rather than the spectacular effort he scored to win the game.

Source: Gylfi: That was up there with my best goals

October 07, 2018, 03:21:51 AM
Reply #1

Dr. Sponge

He does score a lot of worldies. I think This one even tops his first against Hajduk Split.

October 07, 2018, 04:29:52 AM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He does score a lot of worldies. I think This one even tops his first against Hajduk Split.

Hope the Sigi doubters will soon put their negativity about this hugely influential player behind them .

October 07, 2018, 04:45:42 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

The left pegger against Southampton was unbelievable as well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 07, 2018, 04:55:16 AM
Reply #4

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 07, 2018, 05:11:05 AM
Reply #5

Macca77

What a fucking player he is, fuck the price tag, not his fault, absolute class. Should be captain

October 07, 2018, 01:08:25 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The left pegger against Southampton was unbelievable as well.

Will fly under the radar, especially after this one, but technically superb (with weaker foot too).

October 07, 2018, 02:39:23 PM
Reply #7

Paddockoldie

I think playing him slightly deeper will get more from him. He's got the vision, the pass and the long rangers. Too far up and he loses that edge imo. Amazing goal.

October 07, 2018, 03:28:03 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Hope the Sigi doubters will soon put their negativity about this hugely influential player behind them .

Give it a rest. No-one was doubting his ability to pull a worldie out.

October 07, 2018, 05:18:38 PM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Give it a rest. No-one was doubting his ability to pull a worldie out.

Re: [News]Sigurdsson: I never gave up despite penalty miss
QuoteLike
Quote from: brap2 on October 01, 2018, 10:50:25 PM
I donít have any concerns about him finding space to shoot.

Really? He's spent most of his time here getting marked out of games and not finding space to shoot.

I'm very concerned about his ability to do it every week.
Report to moderator     Logged
Likes...
Lxxx, stirlingblue

Just one example of many doubters, you included so zip it maybe.

October 07, 2018, 05:29:11 PM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Re: [News]Sigurdsson: I never gave up despite penalty miss
QuoteLike
Quote from: brap2 on October 01, 2018, 10:50:25 PM
I donít have any concerns about him finding space to shoot.

Really? He's spent most of his time here getting marked out of games and not finding space to shoot.

I'm very concerned about his ability to do it every week.
Report to moderator     Logged
Likes...
Lxxx, stirlingblue

Just one example of many doubters, you included so zip it maybe.

The concerns about Sigurdsson were about his influence on the game as a creative number 10.

He was going through games having no more than 15 touches a game and having no bearing on the game, when he should be our most influential force in the midfield.

All valid concerns, and even yesterday he was floating through the game before his goal.

Heís always had the ability and no one even disputed that so am not sure what you want?

October 07, 2018, 05:36:58 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Is the problem not more that our central midfielders can't pass the ball into feet, to get Gylfi on the ball in dangerous areas? That's how I look at it. In AM/SS you're heavily reliant on your teammates to be able to affect the game. The alternative is that Gylfi drops deep to get the ball, the way Rooney used to and then he's much less dangerous.

I'm hoping Gomes can help with that, and failing that, buy a ball playing centre mid in January. It's also helped Gylfi having Bernard, Walcott and Richarlison around him to free up space, because teams have to worry about other players hurting them.

I've never had the slightest doubt in Gylfi's quality and ability to hurt the opposition, if we get him in the right areas. The goal yesterday was the highlight, but that delicious reverse, blind pass to Bernard (which Bernard then cut back behind our attackers) was a good example of Gylfi's quality.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 07, 2018, 05:38:09 PM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The concerns about Sigurdsson were about his influence on the game as a creative number 10.

He was going through games having no more than 15 touches a game and having no bearing on the game, when he should be our most influential force in the midfield.

All valid concerns, and even yesterday he was floating through the game before his goal.

Heís always had the ability and no one even disputed that so am not sure what you want?

Not wanting anything Ram, was just commenting on what I had perceived as a certain amount of negativity in general about Siggy, you make a good point however, itís the first time Iíve commented on Siggy so wasnít sure what the ďgive it a restĒ comment was about, perhaps I over reacted.

October 07, 2018, 05:39:41 PM
Reply #13

mikey_blue

October 07, 2018, 05:44:23 PM
Reply #14

Martip

Is the problem not more that our central midfielders can't pass the ball into feet, to get Gylfi on the ball in dangerous areas? That's how I look at it. In AM/SS you're heavily reliant on your teammates to be able to affect the game. The alternative is that Gylfi drops deep to get the ball, the way Rooney used to and then he's much less dangerous.

I'm hoping Gomes can help with that, and failing that, buy a ball playing centre mid in January. It's also helped Gylfi having Bernard, Walcott and Richarlison around him to free up space, because teams have to worry about other players hurting them.

I've never had the slightest doubt in Gylfi's quality and ability to hurt the opposition, if we get him in the right areas. The goal yesterday was the highlight, but that delicious reverse, blind pass to Bernard (which Bernard then cut back behind our attackers) was a good example of Gylfi's quality.
You 've been getting on my goat of late but gotta say you got this spot on.