December 11, 2018, 02:44:43 PM

Author Topic: [News]Gylfi: That was up there with my best goals  (Read 1517 times)

October 07, 2018, 06:04:14 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Will fly under the radar, especially after this one, but technically superb (with weaker foot too).

I was thinking of this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9XUTRYxAp4

Had in my head he cryuff’d the other way and hit it with his left but it’s actually very similar to yesterday’s!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2018, 04:45:24 PM
Reply #16

Normm

I see Gylfi more as a number 8 to be honest.

He has scored more goals from outside the box than any current PL player since 2012. So, playing deeper won't curtail this goal threat and allows him to be more of a playmaker - for which he is naturally gifted.

That was one unbelievable strike! I thought it was going way over, but it looped down at speed into the net. Stunning!

October 08, 2018, 04:56:14 PM
Reply #17

Waltzer

October 09, 2018, 06:22:22 PM
Reply #18

Bluenose 91

It's mad how he didn't even just twat it.

He actually looked up and bent it perfectly top bin from 35 yards.

Imagine being that good ffs.

October 09, 2018, 09:14:33 PM
Reply #19

Bluedylan

It's mad how he didn't even just twat it.

He actually looked up and bent it perfectly top bin from 35 yards.

Imagine being that good ffs.

It's the ability to produce that level of technical expertise, when called upon. Repeatablity and practice. Knowing you can put the ball in a tiny area upon demand, when under pressure.

Was listening to a podcast which said it's almost like he takes half a second before he hits those shots in open play, like he's setting himself for a free kick.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 10, 2018, 01:34:54 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's the ability to produce that level of technical expertise, when called upon. Repeatablity and practice. Knowing you can put the ball in a tiny area upon demand, when under pressure.

Was listening to a podcast which said it's almost like he takes half a second before he hits those shots in open play, like he's setting himself for a free kick.

The way he sets the keeper v Fulham and v Liverpool in the cup is best.

That little pause, it’s like a 25 yard pen to him, keeper flat footed, lovely little side foot.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.