December 11, 2018, 03:56:44 PM

Author Topic: Player Ratings V Leicester  (Read 4074 times)

October 07, 2018, 02:10:57 AM
Read 4074 times

WeimaranerBlues

Pickford (6), Had very little to do, may have done better with the  goal
Digne (7), coped well- should be taking a few more corners
Kenny (6), Beaten a little too easily for the goal, improved in the 2nd half
Keane (7), caught out by Vardy's pace a few times, otherwise quite afternoon
Zouma 8 confident display on the left of centre- should have scored late on
Gueye (7), solid defensively once again. apart from the break away goal- pressed well
Davies (6), Made a couple of very important tackles in midfield , esp on Vardy
Walcott (6), wayward passing, could have assisted a few today  hot n cold
Sigurdsson (9), excellent display and goal   MOTM  may quieten a few of the flappers
Bernard 8 super start to the game- would have been MOTM but for Glfyi's goal
Richarlison (7).Showed a lot more to his game with his hold up play, lead the line very well and effectively got Morgan sent off .

good game management from the players at the end- and decent subs
apart from Schneiderlin nearly cost us at the end
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 02:14:10 AM by WeimaranerBlues »

October 07, 2018, 04:15:03 PM
Reply #1

Martip

Pickford (6), Had very little to do, may have done better with the  goal
Digne (7), coped well- should be taking a few more corners
Kenny (6), Beaten a little too easily for the goal, improved in the 2nd half
Keane (7), caught out by Vardy's pace a few times, otherwise quite afternoon
Zouma 8 confident display on the left of centre- should have scored late on
Gueye (7), solid defensively once again. apart from the break away goal- pressed well
Davies (6), Made a couple of very important tackles in midfield , esp on Vardy
Walcott (6), wayward passing, could have assisted a few today  hot n cold
Sigurdsson (9), excellent display and goal   MOTM  may quieten a few of the flappers
Bernard 8 super start to the game- would have been MOTM but for Glfyi's goal
Richarlison (7).Showed a lot more to his game with his hold up play, lead the line very well and effectively got Morgan sent off .

good game management from the players at the end- and decent subs
apart from Schneiderlin nearly cost us at the end
Pretty much agree apart from I d have given Keane a 5

October 07, 2018, 04:25:05 PM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

Pretty much agree apart from I d have given Keane a 5

Harsh. Keane was solid throughout. Got done on pace by Vardy a couple of time, but who doesn't?

October 07, 2018, 04:32:06 PM
Reply #3

Martip

Harsh. Keane was solid throughout. Got done on pace by Vardy a couple of time, but who doesn't?
Watched the 90 on sky last night when i got in and thought he really struggled and kept getting beaten for pace if I'm honest. Really liked what Zouma bought to the table though and he's only going to get better as he settles.

October 07, 2018, 04:39:24 PM
Reply #4

Jamokachi

Watched the 90 on sky last night when i got in and thought he really struggled and kept getting beaten for pace if I'm honest. Really liked what Zouma bought to the table though and he's only going to get better as he settles.

Can't agree that he struggled. He was solid, apart from being slower than Vardy, which he can't really help. We played a high line at times, which was always going to expose that part of his game. But that's not his fault. He was decent on the ball again too. Agreed on Zouma, I thought he was the better of the two, but only marginally.

October 07, 2018, 04:52:17 PM
Reply #5

Martip

Can't agree that he struggled. He was solid, apart from being slower than Vardy, which he can't really help. We played a high line at times, which was always going to expose that part of his game. But that's not his fault. He was decent on the ball again too. Agreed on Zouma, I thought he was the better of the two, but only marginally.
I think he was done 3 times for pace during the game and it could have cost us on the day. I get that that's not the strong part of his game but teams will target him.

The problem I have with him is that he doesn't seem clever enough to make up for the lack of pace and often looks s bit lost. Despite this, I can't fault his effort one bit.

Good point ref the high line which I felt Zouma managed a lot better. I expect Mina to come in for Keane when fit and will be interested to see how that pairing settles.

October 07, 2018, 04:54:06 PM
Reply #6

TheTone

Walcott gets a 4 from me, in full frustrating winger mode all game

October 07, 2018, 04:58:28 PM
Reply #7

Ramjam

I think he was done 3 times for pace during the game and it could have cost us on the day. I get that that's not the strong part of his game but teams will target him.

The problem I have with him is that he doesn't seem clever enough to make up for the lack of pace and often looks s bit lost. Despite this, I can't fault his effort one bit.

Good point ref the high line which I felt Zouma managed a lot better. I expect Mina to come in for Keane when fit and will be interested to see how that pairing settles.
Problem with Keane is that he looked good in a Burnley team which defended on their own 18 yard line so no turn of pace was required, itís a wee bit different when your playing in a team with aspirations to challenging at the higher end of the table and want to be pro active in seeking out 3 points per game instead of 1 per game
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 07, 2018, 05:03:47 PM
Reply #8

TheTone

think Keane is doing fine and it would be harsh to jib him in favour of Mina on current form, love a centre half with a head bandage too

it's a bit of a dilemma now if Mina does get himself fit, big Kurt looking decent too so we might not see Mina for a while yet

October 07, 2018, 05:05:03 PM
Reply #9

Jamokachi

Keane has started the season really well for us. He deserves lots of praise given his confidence was completely shot last year. He's a prime example of Silva's man management which we hear so much about.

October 07, 2018, 05:05:35 PM
Reply #10

sam of the south

Keane was sound positionally, and considering that Vardy is like shit off a shovel he did really well in the main.

Walcottís movement was good throughout, and he added to our quadruple attacking threat considerably. A few stray passes and wrong decisions are acceptable because he is getting into the right positions and causing problems.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 07, 2018, 05:19:38 PM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Keane was sound.

He was done by vardy once but thatís bound to happen when you play high up the pitch.

Been a massive improvement in the defence since he come back in.

October 07, 2018, 05:48:25 PM
Reply #12

Dr. Sponge

Walcott gets a 4 from me, in full frustrating winger mode all game

I didnít see the game (I played myself, Iím not a shit fan, honest) but Walcott has had a few stinkers recently.

If it wasnít the international break Iíd suggest a bit of rotation with Lookman in the next game.

October 07, 2018, 05:50:46 PM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

Walcott didn't have a great game yesterday, but he's still a big step up on Lookman at the moment. Made a few bad choices yesterday, but still has lots of quality. The first touch Cruyff turn from Bernard's chipped through ball was, to quote Danny Dyer, naughty.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 07, 2018, 06:10:36 PM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Frustrating player is Theo.

Havenít really got his profile in the squad elsewhere so heís first choice, and when heís attacking space heís generally very good, but his final ball veers from the sublime to the outrageously crap.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.