December 15, 2018, 03:08:04 PM

Author Topic: Player Ratings V Leicester  (Read 4100 times)

October 07, 2018, 11:13:54 PM
Reply #30

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think it’s been extremely obvious how much he’s been targeted.

Although interestingly, a greater % of our attacks went down our left, than the % of theirs that went down Kennys side.

Whole game was very lopsided, potentially due to bernard being really fucking good, digne being decent, Walcott being average and Kenny being pinned back.

I’d guess it was because both ours and their midfield creators were on the left.

October 07, 2018, 11:30:31 PM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I’d guess it was because both ours and their midfield creators were on the left.

Yeah sure, great stuff from Bernard as well btw. Most chances created in a game for us for about a year apparently.

But arsenal did the same didn’t they. The chances Fulham had seemed to come down that side too.

He’s getting targeted game after game.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2018, 12:10:42 AM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

I’m completely not into writing young players off but I don’t think Kenny is good enough or will ever be good enough for a top 6 side.

He’s far too limited and as glewis said, plays in straight lines. No angles, no subtlety. All heart and little brain. Not good enough going forward, not that quick and defensively he sells himself very easily. One or two dummied shots, and he’s on his arse.

Be a good honest defender for a championship team or a Pulis low block type side. Yesterday’s right back.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 08, 2018, 12:22:56 AM
Reply #33

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think Kenny is a lot better going forward than he gets credit for myself.

October 08, 2018, 12:27:24 AM
Reply #34

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think Kenny is a lot better going forward than he gets credit for myself.

His crossing is quite good when up by the box.

And he has a nice ball into the channel too.

Issues are with flat possession both with the ball and without (doesn’t identify when to overlap very well) and also if running with it doesn’t drive into space unless it’s absolutely obvious.

October 08, 2018, 12:28:06 AM
Reply #35

Ross

I think it’s been extremely obvious how much he’s been targeted.

Although interestingly, a greater % of our attacks went down our left, than the % of theirs that went down Kennys side.

Whole game was very lopsided, potentially due to bernard being really fucking good, digne being decent, Walcott being average and Kenny being pinned back.

I know you’re keen on technical analysis just wondering if you’ve seen the heat maps from when Kenny has played this season?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 08, 2018, 02:25:21 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know you’re keen on technical analysis just wondering if you’ve seen the heat maps from when Kenny has played this season?

Can’t say I have
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2018, 02:31:10 AM
Reply #37

Ross

Can’t say I have

Might be worth a gander Brap.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 08, 2018, 03:15:53 AM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What can a right backs heatmap tell anyone other than he spends a lot of time on the right hand side of play?

October 08, 2018, 03:27:46 AM
Reply #39

Jamokachi

I think Kennt's got plenty of time on his hands to develop his game. He's got the basics, with coaching and game time he can develop into a very good right back. Maybe not Coleman levels, but to suggest he's championship level is very harsh.

October 08, 2018, 02:15:17 PM
Reply #40

Hawkandro

We were linked with a Brazilian RB/CB the other week - young guy, around 22. Cannot remember his name now though.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 08, 2018, 03:36:33 PM
Reply #41

di_guyo

Agree with the sentiment that Kenny isn't good enough. I'd absolutely love him to be, and to be proven wrong, but he doesn't look like he can defend at this level. Got done badly at the weekend, and that's not the first time his lack of positional awareness and judgment has lead to a goal. I think he's a championship player. We should be looking to upgrade, but it's not the most crucial position for now....centre mid and striker have to be priorities.
Everton & Atleti

October 08, 2018, 04:02:57 PM
Reply #42

Alanvideo

Slightly off topic but Morgan's comments from The Times today are a bit rich , he produced a series of fouls on our players and could have been sent off earlier. .............

<<<  Wes Morgan has called for a review into refereeing after the Leicester City captain’s second red card of the season helped Everton to victory. Morgan and Claude Puel, his Leicester manager, hinted Richarlison, who scored Everton’s opening goal, had exaggerated a foul from the defender to contribute to his second yellow card.

Morgan, who was also sent off last month in a 4-2 defeat away to Bournemouth, wants refereeing consistency to be scrutinised and the Premier League to check all red cards retrospectively. “Maybe the game is changing so you can’t have any contact whatsoever,” said Morgan, who faces a two-game suspension.
“It does feel like any challenge you make, the referee is having a word, even though you might win the ball. I think there’s definitely some inconsistency with referees and the decisions they make, so maybe a review is needed.

“The referees just have to be more coy about it. You can see from the players’ point of view if a challenge is a free kick or not and if the players are going down screaming the referees shouldn’t buy into that. If there was a panel that looked at them, all decisions might be rescinded but that is down to the FA or whoever makes the rules.”

Having been booked at the end of the first half for a foul on Richarlison, Morgan received his second yellow card for tripping the same player on 63 minutes. “The referee made his decision off the reaction of the player,” Morgan said. >>>

We are special ,we are Everton.

October 08, 2018, 04:14:22 PM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Slightly off topic but Morgan's comments from The Times today are a bit rich , he produced a series of fouls on our players and could have been sent off earlier. .............

<<<  Wes Morgan has called for a review into refereeing after the Leicester City captain’s second red card of the season helped Everton to victory. Morgan and Claude Puel, his Leicester manager, hinted Richarlison, who scored Everton’s opening goal, had exaggerated a foul from the defender to contribute to his second yellow card.

Morgan, who was also sent off last month in a 4-2 defeat away to Bournemouth, wants refereeing consistency to be scrutinised and the Premier League to check all red cards retrospectively. “Maybe the game is changing so you can’t have any contact whatsoever,” said Morgan, who faces a two-game suspension.
“It does feel like any challenge you make, the referee is having a word, even though you might win the ball. I think there’s definitely some inconsistency with referees and the decisions they make, so maybe a review is needed.

“The referees just have to be more coy about it. You can see from the players’ point of view if a challenge is a free kick or not and if the players are going down screaming the referees shouldn’t buy into that. If there was a panel that looked at them, all decisions might be rescinded but that is down to the FA or whoever makes the rules.”

Having been booked at the end of the first half for a foul on Richarlison, Morgan received his second yellow card for tripping the same player on 63 minutes. “The referee made his decision off the reaction of the player,” Morgan said. >>>

Should have been sent off before he was sent off, fucking shitehawk
Simply simply lovely

October 08, 2018, 04:33:38 PM
Reply #44

School of Science

I agree with the inconsistency bit from Morgan's statement, but he was begging for a second yellow, a couple of minutes before he almost knocked Richarlison into the crowd. Got away with that one, but does another a few minutes later, sheer stupidity on his part. Maybe him and his manager aught to concentrate on that a bit. Cue Richarlison getting a retrospective ban for diving  :)
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15