October 18, 2018, 06:35:38 PM

Author Topic: Player Ratings V Leicester  (Read 2960 times)

October 08, 2018, 04:42:26 PM
Reply #45

Ramjam

I agree with the inconsistency bit from Morgan's statement, but he was begging for a second yellow, a couple of minutes before he almost knocked Richarlison into the crowd. Got away with that one, but does another a few minutes later, sheer stupidity on his part. Maybe him and his manager aught to concentrate on that a bit. Cue Richarlison getting a retrospective ban for diving  :)
Seems to me that a lot of managers are saying to their knuckle dragging defenders to go out and stop Richarlison at all costs. More sending offs to come as the season progresses
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 08, 2018, 04:55:15 PM
Reply #46

Alanvideo

I agree with the inconsistency bit from Morgan's statement, but he was begging for a second yellow, a couple of minutes before he almost knocked Richarlison into the crowd. Got away with that one, but does another a few minutes later, sheer stupidity on his part. Maybe him and his manager aught to concentrate on that a bit. Cue Richarlison getting a retrospective ban for diving  :)
............Yes the ref had a long chat with Morgan and must have warned him he was toting up fouls to the inevitable conclusion. I think Morgan is more clumsy than dirty ,a bit like our very own Ashley Williams.
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 08, 2018, 04:55:25 PM
Reply #47

boothill

Agree with the sentiment that Kenny isn't good enough. I'd absolutely love him to be, and to be proven wrong, but he doesn't look like he can defend at this level. Got done badly at the weekend, and that's not the first time his lack of positional awareness and judgment has lead to a goal. I think he's a championship player. We should be looking to upgrade, but it's not the most crucial position for now....centre mid and striker have to be priorities.
At this age of 20/21 is it ?   I think kenny is every bit as good has seamus was at that age,  seamus was woeful,  had to be loaned out to gain experience,  but look what he turned into,  arguably our best right back since gary stevens,  so dont right jonjoe off just yet,  he, ll get well better with more game time and a stable coaching system

October 08, 2018, 04:56:40 PM
Reply #48

blue1948

Slightly off topic but Morgan's comments from The Times today are a bit rich , he produced a series of fouls on our players and could have been sent off earlier. .............

<<<  Wes Morgan has called for a review into refereeing after the Leicester City captain’s second red card of the season helped Everton to victory. Morgan and Claude Puel, his Leicester manager, hinted Richarlison, who scored Everton’s opening goal, had exaggerated a foul from the defender to contribute to his second yellow card.

Morgan, who was also sent off last month in a 4-2 defeat away to Bournemouth, wants refereeing consistency to be scrutinised and the Premier League to check all red cards retrospectively. “Maybe the game is changing so you can’t have any contact whatsoever,” said Morgan, who faces a two-game suspension.
“It does feel like any challenge you make, the referee is having a word, even though you might win the ball. I think there’s definitely some inconsistency with referees and the decisions they make, so maybe a review is needed.

“The referees just have to be more coy about it. You can see from the players’ point of view if a challenge is a free kick or not and if the players are going down screaming the referees shouldn’t buy into that. If there was a panel that looked at them, all decisions might be rescinded but that is down to the FA or whoever makes the rules.”

Having been booked at the end of the first half for a foul on Richarlison, Morgan received his second yellow card for tripping the same player on 63 minutes. “The referee made his decision off the reaction of the player,” Morgan said. >>>

I am surprised he doesn't want the matches replayed as well.

October 08, 2018, 06:16:09 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He’s a fucking grock and richarlison had him on toast all day long. Matter of time before he went imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2018, 06:17:47 PM
Reply #50

BlueBeagle

............Yes the ref had a long chat with Morgan and must have warned him he was toting up fouls to the inevitable conclusion. I think Morgan is more clumsy than dirty ,a bit like our very own Ashley Williams.

Williams is more utter, utter shite than clumsy IMO

October 08, 2018, 06:28:44 PM
Reply #51

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It was a bit soft the second yellow and if it was his first tackle of the game then it may have just resulted in a telling off from the ref.
But when he's been consistently fouling the same player all game, been warned for it a few times and the player was going absolutely nowhere, he's got no complaints really.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 08, 2018, 06:43:18 PM
Reply #52

Shogun

Administrator
He was lucky he wasn’t sent off five minutes before when he fouled Richarlison at the dug out.

The referee didn’t look like he was going to give a yellow at first so he probably realised it was Morgan which is why he deemed it a second booksble offence after the previous challenge.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 08, 2018, 06:46:20 PM
Reply #53

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Starting to notice players like Rich and Zaha, as well as others are getting persecuted a bit.

Keown and Ince tried to make out that Richarlison had conned the ref on Saturday. No mention of the persistent fouls on him by Morgan and others.

Seems like players like Morgan think they can just go round fouling people and get away with it. Hopefully we'll start to see players of his ilk die out the premier league.

October 08, 2018, 06:48:34 PM
Reply #54

Bluedylan

I do think Richarlison made sure he got sent off, by jumping in the air slightly both for the one near the dugout (that got him a final warning), and for the second yellow. And I've got absolutely no problem with that. They were both fouls and it's part of a forward's game to make sure the ref sees him getting fouled.

Brilliant forward play. There's not much the lad can't do. He gave a much more complete CF performance than any of our actual strikers have given this season.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 08, 2018, 06:55:03 PM
Reply #55

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Starting to notice players like Rich and Zaha, as well as others are getting persecuted a bit.

Keown and Ince tried to make out that Richarlison had conned the ref on Saturday. No mention of the persistent fouls on him by Morgan and others.

Seems like players like Morgan think they can just go round fouling people and get away with it. Hopefully we'll start to see players of his ilk die out the premier league.
Halsey has said his performance was Oscar worthy!
Simply simply lovely

October 08, 2018, 07:18:02 PM
Reply #56

chang

He’s a fucking grock and richarlison had him on toast all day long. Matter of time before he went imo.

Ian Wright agrees

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-captain-wes-morgan-2082777

October 08, 2018, 07:20:01 PM
Reply #57

Bluedylan

That front four's fucking exciting eh lads?

Like some others, I had been suggesting Richarlison up top for a few weeks now, and I think it was brap who said that was a fantasy football suggestion. I think you can see that it's anything but that, and away from home, it's going to be very hard to stop us creating good chances.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 08, 2018, 07:37:25 PM
Reply #58

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He was lucky he wasn’t sent off five minutes before when he fouled Richarlison at the dug out.

The referee didn’t look like he was going to give a yellow at first so he probably realised it was Morgan which is why he deemed it a second booksble offence after the previous challenge.

The first booking he makes no attempt to anything other than pull him down.

Standard professional foul but you’ve got to think you’re on a tightrope.

Second foul by the touchline was lucky because it was right by the touchline.

If it had been almost anywhere else in the picture he’d have been booked for that as he took him out having been left for dead.

It was his own fault he then did the third foul when the ref would have still had that second one in his mind.

October 08, 2018, 08:06:39 PM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That front four's fucking exciting eh lads?

Like some others, I had been suggesting Richarlison up top for a few weeks now, and I think it was brap who said that was a fantasy football suggestion. I think you can see that it's anything but that, and away from home, it's going to be very hard to stop us creating good chances.

Yeah said myself it felt like the perfect solution to get our best players on the pitch, but it hadn’t happened and maybe felt a bit champ man.

Have to say that you could fire the ball out of a cannon into the channels and the lad will keep it in and win a free kick.

When we have to play differently I won’t be surprised if cenk or DCL come back in.

To be fair I think pretty much every Evertonian on the planet has been chewing over the richarlison in the 9 question, and he has played there for other sides so it’s not like visionary to suggest it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.