October 18, 2018, 03:04:39 AM

Author Topic: Player Ratings V Leicester  (Read 2946 times)

October 08, 2018, 08:20:16 PM
Reply #60

Bluedylan

Yeah said myself it felt like the perfect solution to get our best players on the pitch, but it hadnít happened and maybe felt a bit champ man.

Have to say that you could fire the ball out of a cannon into the channels and the lad will keep it in and win a free kick.

When we have to play differently I wonít be surprised if cenk or DCL come back in.

To be fair I think pretty much every Evertonian on the planet has been chewing over the richarlison in the 9 question, and he has played there for other sides so itís not like visionary to suggest it.

Haha. No I think that's fair. I wasn't suggesting it was visionary or original in any way. Just pointing out that you were a bit dismissive when it was suggested, and I suppose, calling you out on that, now that's it's been shown to work really well.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 08, 2018, 08:41:49 PM
Reply #61

Martip

That front four's fucking exciting eh lads?

Like some others, I had been suggesting Richarlison up top for a few weeks now, and I think it was brap who said that was a fantasy football suggestion. I think you can see that it's anything but that, and away from home, it's going to be very hard to stop us creating good chances.
Amazing suggestion it really was. Brap shame on you for doubting.

October 08, 2018, 08:55:34 PM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Haha. No I think that's fair. I wasn't suggesting it was visionary or original in any way. Just pointing out that you were a bit dismissive when it was suggested, and I suppose, calling you out on that, now that's it's been shown to work really well.

Sorry I donít think I was dismissive really?

I was concerned because when played through the middle for Watford (I believe) his numbers have suffered - but as I said from a purely these are our best players letís get them on the pitch it felt like richarlison up top Bernard left and (for me) Lookman on the right - and that might well be champ man stuff.

I havenít seen anything from richarlison to make me think heís incapable of playing up top. Was HUGELY surprised when silva left Tosun on the pitch stinking the gaff out against Southampton in the cup.

I think LW probably still his best position and when you put him at cf you minimise the physical mismatch he generally will have against a full back, but his pace worked really well against Morgan (all down the left side like) and heís not a GREAT dribbler one on one for a winger so why not. Worked for arnautovic.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2018, 11:22:16 PM
Reply #63

D15TIN

I didn’t see the game (I played myself, I’m not a shit fan, honest) but Walcott has had a few stinkers recently.

If it wasn’t the international break I’d suggest a bit of rotation with Lookman in the next game.
Walcotts a lot better than Lookman like, he creates a lot of chances and can finish - hes been one of our best players so far imo

October 09, 2018, 01:02:38 AM
Reply #64

Robioto

Ian Wright agrees

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-captain-wes-morgan-2082777

Interesting that none of the Leicester fans in the comments in that article are kicking off about him being sent off. Says it all really.

October 09, 2018, 05:16:08 AM
Reply #65

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Big Marcel getting involved.

October 09, 2018, 05:21:07 AM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd love one of them pats on the back from Brandsy you know.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 09, 2018, 04:21:22 PM
Reply #67

sam of the south

Big Marcel getting involved.

I love those pre-match training drills, nice details
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them