October 18, 2018, 03:23:00 AM

Author Topic: Gylfi for number 8?  (Read 1558 times)

October 08, 2018, 04:58:45 PM
Read 1558 times

Normm

I posted elsewhere: "I see Gylfi more as a number 8 to be honest.

He has scored more goals from outside the box than any current PL player since 2012. So, playing deeper won't curtail this goal threat and allows him to be more of a playmaker - for which he is naturally gifted."

I believe Marco is already weighing up this option, but what do you think?

October 08, 2018, 05:19:59 PM
Reply #1

kramer0

I think he plays more like a CF.

October 08, 2018, 05:25:20 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

I think he plays more like a CF.

He did in the first half for sure
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 08, 2018, 05:58:45 PM
Reply #3

mikey_blue

Doesnít get on the ball enough to be an 8 for me. Certainly has the ability to do it, but heís a bit long in the tooth to be reinventing his game.

Keep him as a 10/ SS and get another midfielder in who can play the ball forward with consistency.

October 08, 2018, 06:55:45 PM
Reply #4

Hawkandro

Doesnít get on the ball enough to be an 8 for me. Certainly has the ability to do it, but heís a bit long in the tooth to be reinventing his game.

Keep him as a 10/ SS and get another midfielder in who can play the ball forward with consistency.

Gomes.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 08, 2018, 06:56:45 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

In certain games, as an option and a variation, yes. Not as the long term solution.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 08, 2018, 07:04:12 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think we essentially play a 4-4-2 with Sigurdsson just off the frontman.

He's taking up positions Cahill and Felliani did.

When we're chasing a game against a team that's sitting deep he proved on Saturday he can be an option though

October 08, 2018, 07:50:15 PM
Reply #7

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Going to be interesting when Gomes is fit. Really looking forward to seeing how he fits in to the team and what he'll bring
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 08, 2018, 09:27:37 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

He's on for 12+ goals this season. You want to keep that threat up the pitch for as long as possible.

October 08, 2018, 09:46:40 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Going to be interesting when Gomes is fit. Really looking forward to seeing how he fits in to the team and what he'll bring

Yeah canít wait to see it tbh.

Davies or Sig will end up dropping out depending on what tactics silva wants.

Also got a bit of a feeli he wants 5 at the back old silva.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2018, 09:49:23 PM
Reply #10

Free Agent

5 at the back & 4 up front?
Gotta feel sorry for the lone midfielder holding it all together on his own.

October 08, 2018, 09:49:31 PM
Reply #11

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah canít wait to see it tbh.

Davies or Sig will end up dropping out depending on what tactics silva wants.

Also got a bit of a feeli he wants 5 at the back old silva.

I think it'll be Davies who makes way. I think Sig is important to the way Silva wants to play judging by his comments
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 08, 2018, 09:54:20 PM
Reply #12

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
I think it'll be Davies who makes way. I think Sig is important to the way Silva wants to play judging by his comments
I agree that itíll be Davies making way for Gomes. Wonder if thatís part of the thing of making him captain? Showing him heís an important player and giving him confidence ahead of being rotated often with another player.
I imagine heíll introduce Gomes bit by bit so plenty of pitch time for Davies too.

October 08, 2018, 10:20:05 PM
Reply #13

Cereal Killer

5 at the back & 4 up front?
Gotta feel sorry for the lone midfielder holding it all together on his own.

:Gana:

October 08, 2018, 10:39:53 PM
Reply #14

Normm

I agree that itíll be Davies making way for Gomes. Wonder if thatís part of the thing of making him captain? Showing him heís an important player and giving him confidence ahead of being rotated often with another player.
I imagine heíll introduce Gomes bit by bit so plenty of pitch time for Davies too.

Considering Gomes has hardly played over the past two seasons, we should not be expecting too much this side of Christmas. But, we live in hope! - Digne did not get much time with Barca and he is proving to be a great signing. Still, Gomes is still a Barca player, just as Vlasic is for Everton. If he plays really well, Barca will want him back. It's a catch-22. We want him to do well, but when he does it's likely "Good-bye, Blues" - or rather "adeos amigo"! (I don't think the contract has a 'buy clause'.)