30 (60%)
Mina
6 (12%)
Gomes
10 (20%)
McCarthy
4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Which player we need back the most  (Read 1513 times)

October 10, 2018, 01:00:00 AM
Reply #15

D15TIN

Back? Has to be Coleman considering two haven't even played and the other's always injured, even allowing for a leg break.

Coleman's going through 'Oviedo Syndrome', it's when one of our best players gets injured and their stand in does a reasonable job. Baines got injured and Oviedo came in and suddenly people had written Baines off and thought the future League One left back was the next big thing, similar when Garbutt stepped in.

Both on form Kenny isn't fit to lace Coleman's boots, it's laughable how quickly we write off players at times just because they may be struggling for form or coming back from injury etc.
Nobodys writing anyone off, were saying Kenny has been better than Coleman on this seasons performances, which he has.

October 10, 2018, 01:03:54 AM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
Nobodys writing anyone off, were saying Kenny has been better than Coleman on this seasons performances, which he has.

That's debateable, even his best is marginal to how Coleman's been this season. Coleman's just set a high bar in the past. He should still be out as soon as Coleman's fit again both for his infuence on and off the park. And several people have said that (maybe not with Kenny) Coleman should be replaced at the grand old age of 29 as he's getting over the hill.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 01:05:11 AM by Gash »

October 10, 2018, 01:04:02 AM
Reply #17

Tofifee

Anyone that has watched the last 2 games and says Kenny is doing well and should keep his place is either blind or one of the Kennys.......!!

Coleman is one of our truly top class players, on form he is as good as there is out there.

Y'all be kidding yourselves!!!

October 10, 2018, 01:16:45 AM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Coleman has been really, really poor this season.

Deserves the chance to come back in and retain his place though.

October 10, 2018, 01:18:08 AM
Reply #19

D15TIN

Anyone that has watched the last 2 games and says Kenny is doing well and should keep his place is either blind or one of the Kennys.......!!

Coleman is one of our truly top class players, on form he is as good as there is out there.

Y'all be kidding yourselves!!!

So you're ignoring his previous games before those 2 this season? Going forward and crossing/passing been a lot better than colemans so far

Coleman will probably go right back in when fit, just think Kennys been the better of the two so far

October 10, 2018, 02:38:07 AM
Reply #20

Shogun

Administrator
Back? Has to be Coleman considering two haven't even played and the other's always injured, even allowing for a leg break.

Coleman's going through 'Oviedo Syndrome', it's when one of our best players gets injured and their stand in does a reasonable job. Baines got injured and Oviedo came in and suddenly people had written Baines off and thought the future League One left back was the next big thing, similar when Garbutt stepped in.

Only difference being Oviedo actually played well, imagine the reaction if that was Martina conceding that goal against Leicester.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 10, 2018, 04:15:26 AM
Reply #21

Elgoodo1978

No brainer, Coleman. I think games like West Ham an Arsenal show that we lack a proper leader in the team.

October 10, 2018, 04:22:31 AM
Reply #22

Bob Sacamano

Haha McCarthy. Good one 😆

October 10, 2018, 04:42:10 AM
Reply #23

nsno

link=topic=96880.msg1517299#msg1517299 date=1539108234]
That's debateable, even his best is marginal to how Coleman's been this season. Coleman's just set a high bar in the past. He should still be out as soon as Coleman's fit again both for his infuence on and off the park. And several people have said that (maybe not with Kenny) Coleman should be replaced at the grand old age of 29 as he's getting over the hill.
[/quote]

I am a huge fan of Coleman, he's a top player and epitomises everything great about Everton from years gone by; passion, hard work and a never say die attitude However, we do need to look at replacing in the summer, he'll be 31 this time next year and we don't want to be in a similar position to the one we found ourselves in with Baines.  Finding another rb who can offer what he does will be no easy feat and I think we landed on our feet with digne replacing Baines.  How Coleman comes back from his recent injury troubles will decide his fate I suppose.

Kenny has done admirably in deputising for Coleman, however he is a long way off being a premier league player.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:43:18 AM by nsno »
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

October 10, 2018, 04:56:42 AM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
link=topic=96880.msg1517299#msg1517299 date=1539108234]

I am a huge fan of Coleman, he's a top player and epitomises everything great about Everton from years gone by; passion, hard work and a never say die attitude However, we do need to look at replacing in the summer, he'll be 31 this time next year and we don't want to be in a similar position to the one we found ourselves in with Baines.  Finding another rb who can offer what he does will be no easy feat and I think we landed on our feet with digne replacing Baines.  How Coleman comes back from his recent injury troubles will decide his fate I suppose.

Kenny has done admirably in deputising for Coleman, however he is a long way off being a premier league player.

I don't get it on here at times when we have 28-29 year old players and people are calling them over the hill and needing replaced. He's coming 30 but we are talking about a one of the best right backs in the league in recent years and other than an horrific injury has kept himself pretty fit and in good shape and doesn't go out on the bevvy or get out of shape during the summer, He is still in his prime years and probably will be for another year or two. A player built like Coleman can easily play at this level for another 2 probably 3 years providing he avoids another bad injury. Absolutely bonkers to be talking about replacing him in the summer, find and nurture his replacement maybe but not replace him immediately. Plenty players in the modern game are playing at the highest level well into their 30's.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:03:07 AM by Gash »

October 10, 2018, 06:21:51 AM
Reply #25

Robioto

Until Mina and Gomes have proven thier value the only answer can be Coleman.

I seem to forget we have McCarthy, despite being reminded regularly, as soon as I am reminded I forget him again. Don't ever feel like we miss him.

October 10, 2018, 12:34:07 PM
Reply #26

Bluedylan

The team's more settled now than when Coleman played earlier in the season. He'll feel the benefit of more solid presences along side him in Keane, Zouma and Digne when he comes back. Much better player than Kenny.

Big Marcel should be on the blower around Europe, looking for the next breakthrough right back to give a pat to as he comes back into the dressing room.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 10, 2018, 01:03:41 PM
Reply #27

Juanito

Coleman, definitely but looking forward to see what Gomes offers and as much as I like Davies, I really think we need some physicality alongside Gana and Sigurdsson, also someone with positional sense. If he is box to box, knows when to go and when to sit.

October 10, 2018, 06:29:34 PM
Reply #28

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
I don't get it on here at times when we have 28-29 year old players and people are calling them over the hill and needing replaced. He's coming 30 but we are talking about a one of the best right backs in the league in recent years and other than an horrific injury has kept himself pretty fit and in good shape and doesn't go out on the bevvy or get out of shape during the summer, He is still in his prime years and probably will be for another year or two. A player built like Coleman can easily play at this level for another 2 probably 3 years providing he avoids another bad injury. Absolutely bonkers to be talking about replacing him in the summer, find and nurture his replacement maybe but not replace him immediately. Plenty players in the modern game are playing at the highest level well into their 30's.
I agree with that, but it almost seems pointless to bring in a player to nurture. That's what we're supposed to be doing with Kenny. If we bring in another youngster, people will just moan he's not as good as Coleman and should be sold/loaned and replaced.
We may as well wait until Coleman needs replacing (not yet) and then bring in a first teamer.
Until then it would be nice to see some patience with our youngsters, as there aren't many 20 year old rightbacks in the premier league right now, even though I know that's impossible for most people.

October 10, 2018, 06:36:48 PM
Reply #29

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Its gotta be coleman, it would possibly be gomes if it was valencai gomes, truth us none of us know what he is gonna be like though
Simply simply lovely