December 15, 2018, 03:35:29 PM

Author Topic: [News]Digne thankful to Everton for French recall  (Read 2758 times)

October 11, 2018, 06:08:03 AM
Reply #15

gizzblue

. Keane's played well for about 3 games,

that's at least two more than Ross but oh yeah Ross plays for Chelsea ....cough cough . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

October 11, 2018, 06:10:47 AM
Reply #16

gizzblue

Delusional, pure delusional, this persecution complex that is prevelamt on here (and other Everton forums) beats the hell out of me, DCL full England striker , really ? Davies, instead of who exactly ?

One name puts pay to the delusion you allege ... Solanke ...what the fuck did he do to get a call up last year ?....aside play shite for the shite . lolol
Born not made a blue .

October 11, 2018, 08:29:04 AM
Reply #17

Jamokachi

As a fan base, we do seem to have a massive chip on our shoulder.

October 11, 2018, 09:13:12 AM
Reply #18

eyesalwaysblue

Keane tried to tell Southgate to pick Ben Mee before the WC, not a smart move when he was down the pecking order himself, been better for us since he came back though.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 11, 2018, 09:45:27 AM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
As a fan base, we do seem to have a massive chip on our shoulder.

I don't know about it in this case. I can't say I'm all that bothered about England call ups either way, but it does mean something to a player and I think the FA/previous managers have clearly been guilty of showing preferential treatment of certain clubs. This is surely not a controversial statement.

It shouldn't be seen as having a chip on your shoulder when all you're looking for is equal consideration, particularly as potentially it does effect the club if players think there might be a cap on their progress internationally and they're better off sitting for half the games on the bench of a top 4/6 club rather than playing for us. Bigger clubs have enough sway to pull in those players without extra help.

October 11, 2018, 11:18:47 AM
Reply #20

American Evertonian

Somehow a thread about us helping Digne getting called up to the French Squad turned into a thread about Everton players not being in the England squad.

We're on the way up in both reputation and player capability. Good times coming.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 11, 2018, 11:47:52 AM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

I don't know about it in this case. I can't say I'm all that bothered about England call ups either way, but it does mean something to a player and I think the FA/previous managers have clearly been guilty of showing preferential treatment of certain clubs. This is surely not a controversial statement.

It shouldn't be seen as having a chip on your shoulder when all you're looking for is equal consideration, particularly as potentially it does effect the club if players think there might be a cap on their progress internationally and they're better off sitting for half the games on the bench of a top 4/6 club rather than playing for us. Bigger clubs have enough sway to pull in those players without extra help.

Fact of the matter it's just not true in the vast majority of cases. It's just a case of blue tinted glasses.

October 11, 2018, 02:07:03 PM
Reply #22

sam of the south

Delusional, pure delusional, this persecution complex that is prevelamt on here (and other Everton forums) beats the hell out of me, DCL full England striker , really ? Davies, instead of who exactly ?

Dominic.

Solanke.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 11, 2018, 02:22:18 PM
Reply #23

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I think Davies has shown more than Harry Winks for example in terms of getting a call up.

It's those closer calls that go to the player at the bigger, more beloved by pundits type of clubs. I don't think you could really say Barkley has done much barring his most recent game that really merits a call up, and he already had been selected by that point.

So there are players from Stoke, Southampton, Burnley, Derby, Borussia Dortmund, Leicester, Watford and Fulham in the squad, are these those bigger beloved by the pundits clubs you speak of ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:07:09 PM by Escla »

October 11, 2018, 02:45:10 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If our players were good enough they would get picked. Theyíre not good enough or havenít been good enough for long enough.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 11, 2018, 03:29:21 PM
Reply #25

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber

I remember Jimmy Case getting called up. All he ever did was kick people....OH yeah... he played for The Shite!!
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

October 11, 2018, 03:48:24 PM
Reply #26

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

I remember Jimmy Case getting called up. All he ever did was kick people....OH yeah... he played for The Shite!!

Part of the team that won four league championships, three European Cups and never once got a call up for England so donít make stuff up to fuel this conspiracy theory.

October 11, 2018, 04:59:09 PM
Reply #27

formerKHL

Part of the team that won four league championships, three European Cups and never once got a call up for England so donít make stuff up to fuel this conspiracy theory.

is correct old mates of mine jimmy and their frank.....only player I ever saw break the numbers wall at melwood with a shot.....

wasn't good enough "footballer" for england at the time...but always brought something different to a team...

if ye wanna pick on someone pick on that cunt sammy lee....

October 11, 2018, 05:10:11 PM
Reply #28

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
One name puts pay to the delusion you allege ... Solanke ...what the fuck did he do to get a call up last year ?....aside play shite for the shite . lolol

...was player of the tournament in England under 20ís World Cup winning team then got 15 minutes in a friendly on the back of that , hasnít been seen since.

October 11, 2018, 05:26:07 PM
Reply #29

Simon Paul

Administrator
...was player of the tournament in England under 20's World Cup winning team then got 15 minutes in a friendly on the back of that , hasn't been seen since.
Had their not been any friendlies in between that tournament and the game be played in?

DCL deserved that same chance on the back of his goals in that same tournament and the fact that he became a premier league regular the season after it.