October 19, 2018, 03:42:20 PM

Author Topic: [News]Digne thankful to Everton for French recall  (Read 1806 times)

October 11, 2018, 05:32:53 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

I’d wager that maybe all those three would get called up if they plied their trade for the RS

Like the lad from Chelsea they signed who got called up after not even playing for them, at a time when DCL was keeping him out of the U-20’s, playing every week for us and holding his own.

October 11, 2018, 05:34:47 PM
Reply #31

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Had their not been any friendlies in between that tournament and the game be played in?

DCL deserved that same chance on the back of his goals in that same tournament and the fact that he became a premier league regular the season after it.

No idea if there were any other friendlies, DCL scored two, Solanke scored four if you mean goals make a difference.

October 11, 2018, 05:34:54 PM
Reply #32

Ross

Does anyone think Dowell should have been called up last season when he was in the championship scoring and creating for fun up until Christmas?

Like in the same sort of way this lad from Chelsea reserves has been who’s playing under former Chelsea and England “great” Frank Lampard?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 11, 2018, 06:34:40 PM
Reply #33

BlueBeagle

The world vs Everton I see again.

Jagielka
Baines
Osman
Barkley
Rodwell (I think?)

All called up whilst playing for us. Can't think of any other English players that have played for us in that time frame worth a call up.

October 11, 2018, 06:41:49 PM
Reply #34

sam of the south

The world vs Everton I see again.

Jagielka
Baines
Osman
Barkley
Rodwell (I think?)

All called up whilst playing for us. Can't think of any other English players that have played for us in that time frame worth a call up.

Baines started to be out of favour when he didn’t transfer to United, then he became the scapegoat when we were dicked by Italy.

Barkley and Stones were unused squad members in 2016, but Stones got in the side as soon as he moved to City, and now Barkley has got recalled as soon as he’s played a few games for Chelsea.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 11, 2018, 06:50:37 PM
Reply #35

BlueBeagle

Baines started to be out of favour when he didn’t transfer to United, then he became the scapegoat when we were dicked by Italy.

Barkley and Stones were unused squad members in 2016, but Stones got in the side as soon as he moved to City, and now Barkley has got recalled as soon as he’s played a few games for Chelsea.

Baines didn’t stop getting picked because he turned down United let's be honest.

Barkley got picked when he showed form for us and was injury free. He managed neither of those things in the last 2 years and hence hasn't been selected. Rightly so.

October 11, 2018, 07:02:49 PM
Reply #36

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

That is just so ridiculous to say that Baines was dropped because he didn’t transfer to United, you  can’t seriously believe that surely ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:09:10 PM by Escla »

October 11, 2018, 07:16:31 PM
Reply #37

sam of the south

Baines didn’t stop getting picked because he turned down United let's be honest.

Barkley got picked when he showed form for us and was injury free. He managed neither of those things in the last 2 years and hence hasn't been selected. Rightly so.

Nah, Barkley was still playing well when he was shunned, as was Baines, and that all started happening after we resisted Moyes.

October 11, 2018, 07:18:43 PM
Reply #38

KevtheRat

What's any of the above got to do with Digne?

October 11, 2018, 07:23:53 PM
Reply #39

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
What's any of the above got to do with Digne?

Because gizzblue said “proof that only England have a problem with Everton” ...despite the fact that five of our players are currently away with the England under 21 squad.

October 11, 2018, 07:24:02 PM
Reply #40

sam of the south

That is just so ridiculous to say that Baines was dropped because he didn’t transfer to United, you  can’t seriously believe that surely ?

Yes, I do believe a player as amazing as Baines would’ve had a far better England career if he had moved to a more favoured club, you patronising arse.

He was dropped for the 2010 squad because Stephen Warnock got the nod ahead of him ffs, when Baines was absolute class.

In 2014, the tournament after we’d snubbed United, he was made the scapegoat after being isolated by Rooney refusing to track back, and was dropped after two matches.

October 11, 2018, 07:33:20 PM
Reply #41

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, I do believe a player as amazing as Baines would’ve had a far better England career if he had moved to a more favoured club, you patronising arse.

He was dropped for the 2010 squad because Stephen Warnock got the nod ahead of him ffs, when Baines was absolute class.

In 2014, the tournament after we’d snubbed United, he was made the scapegoat after being isolated by Rooney refusing to track back, and was dropped after two matches.

I feel your pain for this great injustice, clearly we are the victims of some high level conspiracy between the F.A , England managers and t.v pundits, it’s so unfair.

October 11, 2018, 07:38:09 PM
Reply #42

sam of the south

I feel your pain for this great injustice, clearly we are the victims of some high level conspiracy between the F.A , England managers and t.v pundits, it’s so unfair.

You’re a tragic prick

October 11, 2018, 07:39:50 PM
Reply #43

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You’re a tragic prick

Stop playing with your own and you might see some sense.

October 11, 2018, 07:40:58 PM
Reply #44

sam of the south

Stop playing with your own and you might see some sense.

Opinions, mate.

And my opinion is that you are an absolute dick.