December 15, 2018, 03:24:00 AM

Author Topic: [News]Digne thankful to Everton for French recall  (Read 2750 times)

October 10, 2018, 10:27:32 PM
Read 2750 times

Everton News

Digne thankful to Everton for French recall

Everton defender Lucas Digne has said that his move to Goodison Park was behind his recall to the French national team this week.

Source: Digne thankful to Everton for French recall

October 10, 2018, 11:33:55 PM
Reply #1

gizzblue

So it's proof it's only England who have a problem with Everton ....aside JP naturally as he's the only decent British keeper at the min .

Well done Digne lad ....well deserved .
Born not made a blue .

October 11, 2018, 12:38:04 AM
Reply #2

Cereal Killer

So it's proof it's only England who have a problem with Everton ....aside JP naturally as he's the only decent British keeper at the min .

Well done Digne lad ....well deserved .

All those great English players we have that Southgate is overlooking....

October 11, 2018, 01:15:05 AM
Reply #3

gizzblue

All those great English players we have or had , that every England manager overlooked because they played for Everton .

Fixed for you . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

October 11, 2018, 01:35:15 AM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
All those great English players we have that Southgate is overlooking....
Michael Keane has had as good a season as most English centre backs so far. Certainly warrants a recall to the squad given he was the next big thing when they first called him up.

October 11, 2018, 01:49:51 AM
Reply #5

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 11, 2018, 02:10:18 AM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

If our English players are good enough, or get good enough, they'll get picked under Southgate. No question about that.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 11, 2018, 02:26:34 AM
Reply #7

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If our English players are good enough, or get good enough, they'll get picked under Southgate. No question about that.

Well it's slim pickings at the moment, so perhaps. However, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to suggest players at certain clubs get preferential treatment. As we've seen it time and time again, including this last squad. We're not one of those certain clubs either.

October 11, 2018, 02:30:58 AM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

Well it's slim pickings at the moment, so perhaps. However, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to suggest players at certain clubs get preferential treatment. As we've seen it time and time again, including this last squad. We're not one of those certain clubs either.

Yeah but it's silly to hold the current regime accountable for the failings of previous regimes (see also Marco Silva and Everton). We don't have anyone worthy of a call up other than Pickford. Keane's played well for about 3 games, Davies has been decent but not amazing, DCL is a bit of a quandry.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 11, 2018, 03:12:01 AM
Reply #9

sam of the south

Yeah but it's silly to hold the current regime accountable for the failings of previous regimes (see also Marco Silva and Everton). We don't have anyone worthy of a call up other than Pickford. Keane's played well for about 3 games, Davies has been decent but not amazing, DCL is a bit of a quandry.

Id wager that maybe all those three would get called up if they plied their trade for the RS
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 11, 2018, 03:26:51 AM
Reply #10

American Evertonian

Really starting to love this bloke
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 11, 2018, 03:34:09 AM
Reply #11

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

I think Davies has shown more than Harry Winks for example in terms of getting a call up.

It's those closer calls that go to the player at the bigger, more beloved by pundits type of clubs. I don't think you could really say Barkley has done much barring his most recent game that really merits a call up, and he already had been selected by that point.

October 11, 2018, 04:21:09 AM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Id wager that maybe all those three would get called up if they plied their trade for the RS

Delusional, pure delusional, this persecution complex that is prevelamt on here (and other Everton forums) beats the hell out of me, DCL full England striker , really ? Davies, instead of who exactly ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:24:04 AM by Escla »

October 11, 2018, 05:04:06 AM
Reply #13

dunkster

Sorry but neither dcl or Davies are good enough for england
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

October 11, 2018, 06:01:59 AM
Reply #14

Ross

Didnt Dominic Solanke get a call up recently without even getting off the shites bench?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.